Ninja Semi-Rework / Buff

Not gonna waste your time. Just read through these changes.

New Stats
Starting Amount Gain per Level Level 20 Average Stat Maximum
Health 150 20-30 (25) 625 720
Mana 100 2-8 (5) 195 252
Attack 12 0-2 (1) 41 60
Defense 0 0 (0) 0 25
Speed 15 1-2 (1) 44 75
Dexterity 15 1-2 (1) 44 75
Vitality 10 0-2 (1) 29 40
Wisdom 12 0-2 (1) 41 75
Old Stats
Starting Amt Gain per Lvl Level 20 Avg Stat Maximum Total Changes
Health 150 20-30 (25) 625 720
Mana 100 2-8 (5) 195 252
Attack 15 1-2 (1) 43 70 -3; -1/0; -2; -10
Defense 0 0 (0) 0 25
Speed 10 0-2 (1) 29 60 +5; +1/0; +15; +15
Dexterity 12 1-2 (1) 40 70 +3; 0/0; +4; +5
Vitality 10 0-2 (1) 31 60 -2; 0/0; -2; -20
Wisdom 12 1-2 (1) 40 70 0; -1/0; -4; +5

Ability Changes

The changes that would be given to Shurikens/Stars wouldn’t be too drastic on the When Key Released end. They’d still fire projectiles, have a lot of range, and all of that, but would have their stats rearranged to be a bit more useful, as well as gaining pierce in order to make them more versatile throughout.

On the other hand, When Key Held would get a much bigger change, even if it is not by too awful much. Rather than simply having Speedy, it would also gain an extra effect or two. All of these changes will be listed down below so you’re able to see them all.

When Key Held changes

Speedy on Self
Drain 10 MP/sec -> Drain 12 MP/sec
(+) Berserk: x Seconds if held for 3 Seconds (does not cost MP)
(+) 1 MP requirement (prevents use while quiet)
(+) Cannot heal MP while active

Berserk duration increases with each tier, starting at Tier 2. These are the values with this in mind:
Tier 0: 2
Tier 1: 2
Tier 2: 2.25
Tier 3: 2.25
Tier 4: 2.5
Tier 5: 2.5
Tier 6: 2.5

When Key Released changes

Varied Range -> 12 Range
Varied Shot Speed -> 12 Shot Speed, +1 every Tier
(+) Shots hit multiple targets
(+) Affected by Unstable

Damage will be adjusted for each tier individually, to make it fit more with the changes that are being added, and to compensate, the MP Cost will also be adjusted. The changes are as follows:

Tier 0: 100 - 175 Damage, 30 MP Cost
Tier 1: 150 - 250 Damage, 35 MP Cost
Tier 2: 225 - 350 Damage, 40 MP Cost
Tier 3: 325 - 450 Damage, 50 MP Cost
Tier 4: 400 - 575 Damage, 60 MP Cost
Tier 5: 500 - 700 Damage, 70 MP Cost
Tier 6: 625 - 850 Damage, 80 MP Cost

Untiered Shuriken/Star changes

Midnight Star

When Key Held
Invisible on Self
Stunned on Self
Drain 20 MP/sec
Damaging: 3 Seconds if held for 3 Seconds
When Key Released
Damage: 600 - 750
Range: 9
Shot Speed: 25
Shots ignore obstacles
Shot Effect:
Paralyzed for 4.5 Seconds
On Equip:
+4 Speed
MP Cost: 90
Fame Bonus: 6%
Cooldown: 1.5 Seconds

Kageboshi

When Key Held
Dazed on Self
Healing on Self
+25 Vitality on Self
Drain 15 MP/sec
Armored: 2 Seconds if held for 4.5 Seconds
When Key Released
Damage: 450 - 650
Range: 8.4
Shot Speed: 10
Shots hit multiple targets
Shots boomerang
Shot Effect:
Slowed for 2 Seconds
On Equip:
+4 Defense
+5 Vitality
MP Cost: 85
Fame Bonus: 6%

Daybreak Chakram

When Key Held
Armored on Self
Drain 35 MP/sec
Invulnerable 1.25 Seconds if held for 4.5 Seconds
When Key Released
Damage: 720 - 1440
Range: 5
Shot Speed: 12
Shots hit multiple targets
MP Cost: 110
Fame Bonus: 4%

Other changes

All Tiered Stars will give Speed upon equip, as well as a small amount of Attack at higher tiers. The changes are as follows:
Tiers 0 - 2: 1 Speed
Tiers 3 - 6: 3 Speed, 2 Attack

With all of this said, maybe this will give Ninja a bit of a more unique edge, not just in terms of its When Key Held ability, but in terms of its stats as well.

Why? I mean what problem with the Ninja now are you trying to fix? Seems to me this makes it worse. Mostly loosing Speedy means losing one of it’s most unique and interesting aspects. Other classes have Speedy. But mostly they have lower base speeds, and all of them have fixed durations (perhaps affected by Wismod, but fixed for that particular char right now).

Only Ninja can turn Speedy on and off at will, limited only by Mana, making it both more useful and interesting. Replacing it with Berserk would render it just another DPS boost, which you never have reason to turn off, except to conserve/recharge mana. And in many situations it would do nothing, if a Warrior uses their ability and boosts everyone.

Ninja already has massive DPS, it does not need an additional boost due to its ability. You could argue it could do with more survivability, but if you want to play a katana class with more survivability there’s Samurai.

It… doesn’t?

warrior

With ninja being my current favorite character, I decided to throw my two cents in.

1. I definately like the minor changes, like changes to varied range, shot speed, and stat boost on equiping the stars. Oh, and the ability not to regen mp sounds good while using star. Even if I don’t like it personally, it does make sense to have.

2. I don’t know how useful the beserk/damaging effects will be, It certainly will be more of a compensation than the decrease in max stats given above, and would help with rushing.

Im assuming the bezerk durations start once key is released, correct me if im wrong.

1. I don’t like the idea of giving all shurikens pierce. I would have to actually play with piercing shriekens to get a feel of it, so this is more of an instinctual opinion. Is there any particular reason stars should have pierce gameplay-wise?

You are correct, sire.

Throwing Stars are fast fuckers, and while they don’t fully pierce through someone in a realistic scenario, that’s due to their small size. The big size would allow it to properly pierce through them with how fast they’re thrown.

Also, if you noticed, as compensation for the fact they pierce, I messed with the damage and such, even if the MP Cost is lower.

Ah, I missed that, I thought it got a speed boost and Berserk replaced it. 75 speed and Speedy? That is just crazy; With 60 base speed and Speedy the Ninja goes at the equivalent of 90 or more speed. 75 + Speedy would be ridiculous, with game loading unable to keep up.

And yes, it has massive DPS, more than everything except warrior and wizzy, and with piercing for extra damage whenever there‘s more than one thing to hit.

Mate, wtf is that? Those effects together makes no sense, keep in mind if you are invisible you can’t really get hit unless the said ennemies you try to pass through keeps shooting even if there is no one. According you have 252 mp and lets say, as pets cant mp heal you while you hold key, an omni. This would give you 332 mana. Also, your 75+4 (79) wisdom still gives you mana while you hold the key, let’s say it heals you 28 mana to make things easier. This would result a 18 second invisibilty with the ability to deal, alone, insane damage with the damaging buff coming on. This would be insane! Think about classes like the Rogue! This item rework is a bit stupid to me.

Well, nice, kinda shit but still a good regeneration item if you dont have a good Heal pet. Very situationnal but may be good in some situation…

Oh boi why are you always ruining it up… Well, what would be the point of being armored for only 2 second after holding the key for 4.5 second. You’d have to time it right for a little buff that don’t really fit with the item. At this point, it becomes useless, just use Daybreak Chakram instead.

I like this idea, could be fun for a star

Hummm… no.

Well, speaking of Daybreak Chakram

Nice, a little daybreak chakram buff, even if the item itself is extremely op, i wont say no for a little buff, and…

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM MAN :persevere:
Do I have to justify myself if I say it’s stupid? Yes? Well, kinda same as kageboshi. It would be extremely hard to time, and kinda useless, you don’t play ninja to have a 1.25s of invulnerability after a great timing. Just play pally with oreo.

Well, about the specials stars, that’s all I have to say. To me, you could make your idea better by removing the stupid effects of the items (like invisibility on midnight star) and change it to only his damaging buff for example because it would be as stupid for a duration which get wis moded.

To me, it is sad to remove the ninja unique ability of shooting high range high damage projectile and instead give them a buff they could have by co-oping with a warrior.

What’s the point of the Kageboshi then? Boomerang effect?

Rip the old good times where you could just kill ennemies with your star after getting unstable :frowning:

And well, sorry, as this is the main point of your rework, but I don’t like this idea. It totally changes the ninja ability : become very fast for an infinite duration, and instead give it a little damage buff he don’t need. Just give him a Warrior idk. That’s why the “Cannot heal MP while active” is sad. It would just kill the principe of the ninja. Just let the Daybreak Chakram have this special ability, for a reason (imagine having inifinite armored buff)

Well, to end this long comment I hope you’ll read, I want to say that this idea isn’t really good, and I don’t know what you have against the ninja but it’s a very good class. And I know what I said, just died on my ppe one :frowning: It is an extremely funny class that is worth playing and that I recommend for many people. You can’t know how fun it is before trying it. And the rework would remove this fun and instead change the ninja into a dps class he is kinda already (70 ATT + 70 DEX)

I hope you’ll read that long comment and learn from it, I enjoyed writing it, hope you’ll aswell enjoy reading it. Sorry for the inexact english tho, and keep in mind this is just (constructive?) criticism and this is not just a mean comment in any point.

ZeTimo

Well, you can reach 75 speed on ninja with leaf and pop ring, and I confirm that it is stupidly fast with speedy buff

I don’t really see the problem with ninja now? Whats the point of this change.

YES

THIS IS THE BEST PART OF THIS

Beyond this, I don’t agree with most of this. I think Ninja is a great class and doesn’t really need a rework. The Kageboshi definitely does, however.

No.
Why?
Because science.

Higher contact area means more air resistance (slows down the projectile)
It also means more friction when hitting a target, meaning it would not go as deeb and certainly not pass through. Not to mention the bigger size would make it more likely to hit something hard such as a bone which would prevent it from going as deep.
However real shurikens are, in fact, small and would therefore warrant piercing. The reason I believe that was not added is because it would make it very similar to a quiver

I was ok with everything until I saw this.
Perma speedy is one of the most fun things about ninja, and actually sets it apart more than what you’ve proposed to replace it with (basically a helmet).

I like the UT reworks though. Other than the midnight star since now it’s an all-in-one cheese-the-boss star (add stun, why dontcha). A quiver that also makes you invisible is slightly overpowered.

Well, it WAS Armor Broken and Sick, but now it’s Stunned.

It’s a small added effect to fit the changes Held Effect, since that’s about preserving your life. Also synergizes with the Defense it gives on equip.

It’s just like with Kageboshi, but a different effect. This has absolutely no cost to the user, so, it isn’t like you’re having to pay extra for a powerful effect if you can keep the Armored up long enough.

You kind of answered your own question by pointing out the pierce, and the Speedy hasn’t gone away, so.

Easy to hit groups with slower shot speed, and has Slowed.

Just like being able to have Speedy while Quiet, this is the result of poor Kabam coding. It isn’t intended.

Being able to have a legitimately infinite effect, regardless of what it is, is poor design in Realm. Positive or negative. Why do you think DECA is adding immunity timers, or at least planning to?

Also, what’s up with people missing that Speedy still exists? It just is no longer infinite when you have a Level 70-something or above pet. It heavily favors those with good pets to the point it’s more unfair than that of the Knight, Warrior, Rogue, etc etc.

not like i’ve openly stated that it’s my favorite class or anything

Its potential just isn’t being used. Kabam left it to rot, and DECA has done basically nothing to it.

Nothing is truly removed, though? All its key characteristics are still there, it simply has a more effective use to its projectile and gains a pretty much free buff to its other effect, at the cost of fixing unintended mechanics. The only loss is that 10 Attack in favor of having 75 Dexterity, but higher tiers gain 2 Attack anyways. As well as Vitality, sure, but it also gains that Speed and a bit of Wisdom.

It isn’t being used to its full potential. It has an opportunity to be an amazin class, yet DECA isn’t doing anything about that, and Kabam didn’t either.

For the most part, it falls under the “/ Buff” side, outside of its tiered abilities getting their projectiles changed to include Pierce and the stats(which are currently extremely wonky). I’m not going for changing the class ENTIRELY, which is why I left its key traits intact, but simply did minor edits to them.

Damn science. Always mucking up my ideas.

Time to change the size, then. :^)

It isn’t infinite, sure, but with maximum MP you get 21 seconds of it exactly. That’s more than enough. Being able to infinitely use it is only for those with tons of MP Pots or a strong pet, which only further shows that pets are a disaster.

Oh, I did add it. Just not where you expect.

Sorry, I meant even as a buff, the class is mostly fine as-is.
I think maybe a piercing ability on all stars would be nice though

I would say that it being enough depends on what you’re doing. Perma speedy is more noticeable (and useful) if the dungeon you’re running gives lots of quiet effects, as well as if the last lich is on the whole other side of the map of the realm.

It’s also less stressful to see the mp bar slowly going down xd

But yeah, you’re right that in general there’s not much of a difference.

I’m mostly just aiming to improve his kit to make him a more notable class, since all of his attributes are kind of shared by other classes already, even if they’re a tiny bit different. I want to see my child improve, dammit.

Mm…I mean, so can Warrior.

Not off. Warrior’s Speedy has a fixed duration, for any given helm. This applies to other class abilities. The duration may depend on Wismod also, but for any ability once triggered it runs for a fixed duration, you can’t turn it off early.

Ninja though you can use Speedy for 1 second or 10, The only constraint is Mana. You need enough Mana/MP heal to maintain Speedy continuously. And you lose some Mana each time you come out of Speedy firing off a star, stopping you going into and out of Speedy too often.

Sorry, have to say this to many of these ideas, but nty. I am all for the ninja gaining more speed, I mean, that’s nice. Berserk and armored and invisible and all those major changes? Super no. The Ninja requires skill acquired through practice to master. This allows ninja to be very powerful, or very weak. Honestly, the ninja is perfect the way it is now, and aside from increased speed, needs nothing changed.

Honestly, no, it doesn’t require much skill to master holding down spacebar to go quickly and letting go to fire a projectile. It isn’t as interesting as you think.

I’m basically just adding improved kits, as stated before, and diversity to the class, while patching up some things. 70 Attack, 70 Dexterity and 70 Wisdom are EXTREMELY wack stat caps, for instance.