Orb of Damnation

ty for this, i really like it and ill use it as the sprite :slight_smile:

you can multiquote like this:

for future reference. just highlight the text you want to quote and a quote button will appear.

you can also tag someone like @katsoto if you want to respond to them.

yes yes you’ve told me this before, I’m just rushing replies since I just got on and there’s a big storm fixing to hit that could kill my power for a while

ty for the feedback, also the radius of orbs are based off of wis mods and im not a math person, but it has the same radius as a planefetter orb

also in response to this item having too many status effects, it only has 4. from what i can think of off the top of my head, conflict has 3 that i know of, stasis enemies, speedy and damaging to self

np, I like making sprites :slight_smile: tag me when you’ll need another one.

Btw, I think that bleeding should be replaced with sick.

but if i replaced it with sick I would need to increase the duration of it, as sick doesn’t deal damage to you and makes this item more spamable without repercussions. The bleeding already makes it so that you cant heal from vit, although not healing at all for a duration is a good idea. I got several people saying the status effects are still too op and I don’t think any amount of debuffs will change that even though people don’t understand a knight will still do more consistent damage than this orb even being spammed. It’s a good thought and I’ll put some thought into it and how this would either make this orb more balanced or more op. I just wish i had some way to test it to really see how this item would perform in action

Without testing in-game i don’t know if it’s op or up tbh.

i know that bleeding does 20 dmg per second for as long as its active, I’m not sure if curse stacks on that and causes more dmg to be delt by bleeding, but after 2-3 uses back to back you would need to take a break to heal up which is why i thought it fairly balanced out the damaging and berserk combination. also on top of the fact that curse can make you take some hefty dmg if you eat any shots and could result in a pop extremely fast

in this instance the fear of getting popped is the main balance as it would prevent people from abusing it like mad, and makes it great for situational moments as most uts fit this purpose

This sentence is an oxymoron…

Dude you’re literally highlighting why this item sucks in its current state. Literally nobody would use this because it is too dangerous. It is not worth the risk that this item comes with just to get damaging and berzerk, something that a paladin and a warrior could give you with no downside. If you were doing void then you would definitely have paladins and warriors galor to keep everyone buffed, and you would be much more helpful to the group by simply stasising enemies without the 4 second cooldown and for less mp, coincidentally what every other normal tiered orb does. If you were soloing a dungeon, you also wouldn’t want to use this because, as you said, it is simply to risky. Just getting berzerk from a tier 5 or 6 orb and not being cursed or bleeding or having a cooldown and being able to stasis enemies is much safer than being able to get popped at 8/8 but also getting damaging.

If you’re soloing you are guaranteed to get loot so having extra damage effects don’t matter for chests, and it is too dangerous to use to fight bosses solo as one or two shots could kill you outright.

If you’re in a group then you will get damaging and berzerk for free from your allies without any downsides to your safety. This would let you use a normal orb with lower mp cost, no cooldown, and the ability to stasis enemies.

this orb does not have stasis. Why does everyone keep overlooking that, stasis isn’t something that is intended to exist on this orb. And you were just complaining about it being too op because of berserk and damaging and now you’re saying its too risky and nobody would use it? You’re putting off mixed signals and you seem like you’re highly biased towards melee classes. Melee classes aren’t my style, and I don’t want to play them. I appreciate feedback but not biased comments and that’s what I’m picking up

To me melee seems like a dumb class because you have to get point blank to do anything and thats an easy way to get popped 8/8 as well, while mystics have range.

??? im not overlooking that at all. The fact that this orb doesn’t have stasis means NOTHING.

It is too overpowered, AND nobody would use it. Happy? Either way not good item design.

where is this even coming from??? have you seen my realmeye…??? mystic is literally my favorite class btw lmao. Also what does this even have to do with melee classes…? No melee class can even get damaging and berzerk by themselves (i think)…

well 4 tiles isn’t exactly point blank… but do you realize how much of a noob you sound like?? Melee is an essential class to the game and also the easiest class to play. Dont argue with me about that if it’s not easy for you because that’s not important and you most likely just don’t have experience. Try 7/8ing that knight and see if you even come close to dying farming godlands. Remember to use your ability!

So youre telling me you want to give a class BOTH damage increase stats when it has range and can safely avoid taking damage?? You’re literally explaining why the item is broken. Because at the same time it is so risky that nobody would use it (assuming your math is correct and they could get EZ 2 shot by anything im not gonna check that shit)

Again: the item is too unbalanced and not thought through at all. I think if you take away the bleeding and the berzerk or something you might have better luck. Less is more or something

Maybe take out the curse to enemies and keep curse to self.

This seems like an ideal “solo” orb, when you don’t have paden or the warriors.

Curse + Damaging + Beserk as a solo player seems really broken tbh.

I’d actually add stasis for 4 seconds in a large radius, and have a cool down of 8 seconds on the orb also.

If you accidentally stasis your target, you’re losing your buff time.

The sprite looks too similar to conflict (color scheme)

But taking out both of the main effects of the orbs just seems like trying to create an entirely different ability altogether. I do get where you say that it’s broken and op, maybe I could lower the berserk and damaging time? As is the orb can only be used about 3 times before you nearly drop to 200 health and below and that’s if you don’t take any damage from enemies during that time. -Edit: I’ve dropped the damaging and berserk down to 2 seconds instead of 3, which leaves like a maximum of 6 seconds with the buff. You’re already having to use this orb in high moderation since anything could easily pop you if you’re not careful which means you’ll have even less time to use the buff to your advantage

I swapped colors to make it less similar to conflict

ty