Orb of Inversed Planes

###Orb of Inversed Planes

This orb seems to be inverted on the user, a cruel trick perhaps?

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 110
  • Effect: Teleport to cursor, healing on self 5 seconds, invincible + petrified for 5 seconds, sickened after the healing for 3 seconds
  • Cooldown: 9 second cool down for this orb only, meaning you can swap orbs
  • Stat Bonus: -4 SPD, -4 VIT
  • Fame Bonus: 3%
  • Feed Power: 750

####Drops From:

• The Puppet Master 2 (The Puppet Master’s Encore)

####More info
This orb teleports the user to their cursor similarly to the trickster. Upon teleportation the user is “stasised”, meaning it can only use its special, no shooting, and no moving. This orb is useful for when you are in a tight situation and need to “stasis yourself.” The orb applies healing for the duration of the petrification, but also sickens for 3 seconds after the use. Some might say that this orb is basically a nexus button… and I completely agree. If you think it is unbalanced give some opinions on how to balance and I will take them into consideration.

I don’t see why there should be such big penalty (-4 spd and vit) it should be slightly nerfed, and also the status effect can’t be called because you can’t be healed in petrification (right?)

Pretty interestin idea tho

Kind of interesting.
I think the color scheme has been worn out a bit for just the plain black and white, (maybe a shaitans instead). You really need to be careful with the whole idea of petrifiying as this essentially makes the user invincible, because the cooldown is less then the time actively petrified you could keep teleporting and keep becoming petrified, basically making you unkillable with a good pet.

6/10 good concept could use balancing

Thats so underpowerded its just like a suicide orb because u are going to die what ever you do because u can get dmg while petrified

If you are affected with a status effect right before petrification, you retain that effect.

Yes but if you’re constantly petrified for four seconds, I’m pretty sure rushing normally would be faster.

I felt that if the orb gave healing and teleportation, the mystic’s speed and vitality should be lowered at least a little.

Maybe, but in some scenarios its better to be invincible than fast.
Imagine lava walking with this thing on

I don’t think so, Petrify works similarly to Stasis, so you just kind of sit there in that _n_th plane for a while…

What makes you think petrify works like a stasis for players?

Toastrz said this when the Mountain Temple was released:

You still take lava damage, even when petrified. (I’m pretty sure).

Huh. Well I can switch out petrified for invincible + stunned + paralyzed. Thanks!

I typically have the mentality that if a UT has more than 4 effects on it, it’s probably a bad concept. This idea has 6 effects, which is simply too much. Additionally, the sprite looks all over the place, alternating between black and white shades in a strange fashion.

2/10

Sorry, I didn’t understand what petrified did so I had to change the effect on the player to invincible, paralyzed, stunned. That’s the main reason why there are so many effects.

Why not just do Invincible and Petrified then? Either way, no one would use this orb because it seems just detrimental if you can’t do anything after teleporting.

Why would this make sense if you are invincible

why is this sprite basically a dbow turned into an orb.

Way too many effects. You got 5 plus a cooldown…and stat changes.

although I guess there is some sync, ive seen/thought (not sure which) this kind of idea for the prism.

No because you can still take damage.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.