Orb of the Monolith

Orb of the Monolith

An enchanted orb filled with the essence of the Stone God. Its powers were previously used to defend kingdoms from malicious threats.

Tier: UT

MP Cost: 95

Wall Duration: 4 sec

Effect: Slow to self (4 sec), Damaging to all (5 sec)

Cooldown: 7 sec

Status Effect Range: 3.5 tiles (radius)

Stat Bonus: +4 DEF, -3 SPD

Fame Bonus: 4%

Feed Power: 700

Below is the sprite for the wall:

Instead of the usual Stasis effect, this unique Orb summons a wall in the area of the cursor. Enemies and their shots cannot go through it. However, players and their shots can. This can be used for both solo and team play. It gives players the ability to damage enemies safely.

However, it is best not to use this item when caught between two groups of enemies. Although the wall stops one of the groups from advancing, the other group can easily kill you while you are Slowed.

Long ago, evil ancient forces would rise against kingdoms with their plots to take the Realm for themselves. To stop them, a group of sorcerers created the Orb of Monolith. With its great powers, the kingdoms defeated their enemies. To this day, although its powers have greatly diminished, the Orb of Monolith still exists. However, after the kingdoms fell, Oryx captured it.

It’s so far so good but might be overpowered as it feels like cheaty, I don’t know.

If I spawn this on top of a stationary boss it becomes extremely exploitable.
I like the concept, but I don’t know if it’s fair.

how bout add it cant be spawned on a boss

How about enemies and shots can’t go through it, including player shots but players can go through it, this makes it still serve its purpose without being extremely exploitable
Also you’re starting to get noticeably better at spriting Gamma, gj on that orb

or just make it a wall that nothing goes by to make it fair but still usable, like staff of esben, shield stuns, dodging shots

Then I would use that in every Ddocks ever

DRAG ON ME WILL YOU?

Usable of what? To troll people? This can interrupt the tight floors.

Ahh. i wanted to create an idea with a wall! But it just is absolutely awful.

Trolling potential makes it so that someone can get trapped.

…

And you can also cheat some places, like using an assassin and having it sit behind an O2.

Its also broken, like screw pala/priest/war/knights, this would be the best thing ever.

TL:dr: broken OP

Despite being an interesting concept, this can be used to easily cheese endgame boss fight where Stun immunity is rampant, such as the KBQ’s Needle Wave Of Death, Colossus’ numerous phases, Void Entity when in the middle, etc…

Let’s be fair though, the only reason I’m not going into this deeper is because I want to offer an alternative caption. Been a while since I did one of those. With alternative, I mean that yours is already really good. Like, dayum.

Orb of the Monolith
Although its weight is tremendous, this Orb emanates an aura of strength, flooding out of it endlessly.

Hm…kinda knew it would be OP. However, the problem is that I don’t know how to change the stats so that:
a) it’s balanced
b) minimally exploitable
c) not too trolly

what if it only took X amount of damage before breaking, but still had a cooldown

then the utility would be limited to mid-game/early-game fights and I think the idea still should have enough merit for an endgame boss

Maybe make the wall “cleanse” cc shots so that they only do damage, and slightly increase the amount of damage shots that only deal damage do after passing through it, like 10% (but make it block only enemies with players still passing through)

Great idea, but I feel a group of these mystics could make a ring around a boss such as the MBC, making it too easy.
What would happen if you placed the wall exactly on top of an enemy? Players DC when something spawns on them, what will enemies do?
I think using the orb should inflict sick and stunned on the caster, and that it pet stasis as well, so the user is left defenseless and has to use it for team play to prevent trolling.
I really love the concept for this idea, and i could see this as a drop from the spectral sentry or a white bag from a leader of the crusade? But since it has been obtained by Oryx, I think it should drop from an Oryx Admiral.

Make it so you can only drop it on yourself.

INVULNERABILITY

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.