Oryx the Mad God 3 Raiding Discord + O3 Spoilers

source of the sprites? just curious

Personally, I don’t think you can really solve this issue

Tiered gear is fundamentally the same (sans the extra F L E X)

potions are capped at GLife

You can’t make the white bag item too common

High-end dungeons are not worth risking your character, especially if you’re poor

Want the flex? sure. But in terms of the min-maxing your account, not worth

It’s really just a huge issue with progression. Either DECA can make items stronger/encounters easier to achieve a more satisfying flow of gameplay, risking power-creep because players with multiple character slots can funnel gear into fresh characters, OR they could leave the progression as it is, and essentially cut off f2p players from reaching end-game content due to the sheer difficulty spike. It’s quite a dilemma.

Edit: and even IF they choose to make the items better/encounters easier, in a permadeath game with a really long progression, (like say 50 hours of gameplay on one character from level 1 top TXX tops,) dying becomes more and more devastating, especially for f2p players with only 1 character slot that have to go back to the very beginning.

With all the free character slots DECA has been giving out, this isn’t an issue for long in a player’s career. Neither are pets a big limiting factor, with the food that is given out. A new f2p will be well behind an established p2w, but they will get many useful things from the login calendar over the several month-long period it takes them to get the skills in-game to run the hardest content.

Honestly, the disparity between people who pay and people who don’t has gotten a lot smaller of DECA’s time, which has helped a lot of things (and broken others as well). I do also think that it’s important that the most difficult dungeons in the game require teamwork (but not discord), and soloing should largely be saved for those who are gods at the game. If just anyone can solo the dungeon, is it really that hard? Void is of course an exception since it seems (so far) to not be soloable on a legit client due to dps caps, but in general, soloing should still be very hard. It’s a coop mmo, remember.

Yeah, sums it up pretty well. Though, it seems like DECA is looking to balance the game for smaller groups (looking at their planned changes like IC/OOC, class changes for Mystic/Warrior/Pally), so here’s hoping for more cooperative and rewarding late/end-game

And this is why the new triple inc is a bad idea.

Our verification bot is up! Other features like standard raiding, mod mail and more are on the way!

I get these sprites from the SpoilOTMG discord, a group who delves into the code of RotMG to provide various leaks.

@Platformz Those sprites are hardcoded pre-kabam sprites made by wildshadow, they were accessible by duping in 2k13

One thing. You need to clear the whole realm for enough people to get in, if you rely on fast closing servers then you’ll get lots of (accidental) crashers. Coupled with hackers who fill uprealms s shown this event AND not being able to kick players, doing these in discords will be less viable…

There’s a new sprite or two in this image, don’t know if they’re entirely new or just strong enemies within the previous bosses mentioned.

Stop stealing @Niegil’s job

Update on the server: Just hit 100 members \o/, channels are more organized, and more bot features added!

Large chunk of this thread is private testing leaks (aka the code of private testing clients is being what’s dug into here). Even if any of this is in public testing, the source of the leaks obviously has not been restricting themselves to public testing in the past, and so I would say the thread is opening up access to private testing leaks.

I think leaking private testing is generally a great way to get yourself and others unnecessarily riled up about incredibly dumb things (am I being hypocritical about this? not really, it’s really funny to watch people get upset about very preliminary work because guess what, people use private testing to try out ideas, crazy stuff) as well as highly disrespectful to the UGC/tester team.

he does public testing leaks, not private testing

Bump

Niegil has leaked all of this info b4 this post iirc.

EDIT:

he has more info than the post.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It’s whatever though, idk why I even cared enough to make post about it because at the moment I don’t really care about leaks or whatever.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.