Oryx's Paracosm: An Endgame Dungeon by Puffagod

This is the pinnacle of dungeon creation. I can imagine this in-game and the fact that it doesn’t drop from an enemy and everyone in the nexus has no choice but to abide by the mechanics of this dungeon is just too good.

I do feel like 100,000 fame is too much and that per server, only 4 times a day would be too much. I mean 400,000 fame donated by players… in a single day?

Thanks for the compliments! :smiley:

This might seem like a lot, and it is - I don’t expect this to get opened even once per day necessarily; the 4 times cap is a mechanic employed to limit the grindability (and fame-farmer exploitability!) of what is meant to be an ultra-special endgame raid experience. That is why I wanted it to be extremely difficult (and deeply co-operative, in fact) to access - foreshadowing the raid itself.

Perhaps a ‘top-donator’ weekly leaderboard would encourage the donation of fame, with the top 3 fame donators in the server getting a free alchemist spin or something at the end of the week. Besides; what with all the people complaining that there’s nothing to spend fame on except pets, I’m sure these cumulative contributions would cause at least SOME openings!

I will also likely reduce the guild fame cost when I come to update this, because hey, it shouldn’t be TOO exclusive.

Great Idea I Love It <3

this right here
its true dedication

but wont this mean half of the players in rotmg would fame farm 24/7?

Every part of O.P. is brilliantly well-thought, is what I thought… until I reached the loot table.

I personally feel that this is out of the dungeon’s theme because I thought that everything in this dungeon is supposed to have that “role-playing” aspect which is shown across the dungeon idea itself starting from how O.P. is initiated, where the nexus trembles and everyone succumbs inside the dungeon, also because of the build-up before the fight itself and how you are fighting literally creators of the universe and you get… 3 extra pockets for potions… and a glow, yep. But don’t get me wrong the +165 HP and MP is pretty good alone and the glow effect too, but the privilage of owning one of these masks is so great that I feel some other “special effect” would be better? Because I loved the other masks especially the critical one and if that one were to be implemented then the critical mechanic might also be added to future UTs or equipment and possibly a CRIT stat?

That aside, thank you for giving me a hell of an awesome ride. Your well-thought dungeon and theatrical way with words as you describe the different boss battles got me indulged and it got my imagination working, in other words I was daydreaming. I seriously had goosebumps at The Crux’s long corridor, I imagined walking across that long corridor and how all I see in front of me is darkness and as the floor I tread on change slowly fade to darkness I come to realize that something dark-- something evil lies ahead.

Damn.

Can’t wait for the new dungeon idea from Puffagod, Xaklor and Piggby which would

“which will blow every preceeding dungeon ever made completely out of the water”

-Xaklor 2016

wtf the dungeon idea already has

clicks!!! i didnt even know that much people came here.

so i actually looked at the dungeon, i also looked at the other two. And i noticed that your items are just too different and complex. Or stealing things that are exclusively to a class. Like introducing crit

using invulnerability on trick

healing on a quiver

teleporting on orb (like soon everyone can tp there way through sprites)

what happens when you remove this ring? and the stats are already PRETTY DARN STRONG!

never had a passive acting ability. Except ammy

I like them (mostly), but they just dont fit. Idk, i think ive been reading what Xaklor writes too much!

Not likely.

You can’t please everyone! :3

Ooh, I thought the three extra potions was really quite special when I thought of it.
Note that the Mask of the Synergon drops from SPACE and so storage does fit, thematically!

It would probably have a similar effect to the introduction of petson fame farming; whatever that may be.

Thanks again for the compliments & critisisms! I shall try and accommodate them ASAP! C:

but do you think that Deca/rotmg would actually implement some of these more complex items?

What would be the odds deca actually decides to implement this into game? It would be absolutely amazing.

I don’t know; considering those abominable STs they just put in; the chance is greater than I thought.
I design complex and class-defying items mainly for fun; but also since I feel like endgame dungeons should provide truly unique rewards - aptly realised in the highly situational UT items.

If anything of mine makes it into the game; I’d be happy despite the millions of deaths I would indirectly cause :wink:

that reminded me of Hitler…

(fyi: i love the dungeon though :stuck_out_tongue: )

First I’m ‘no real human’, now I’m a genocidal maniac.
Thanks for the support, guys :ok_hand:

this is so amazing, great work, i hope Deca adds this to the game :smiley:

You might want to fit into the lore somewhere that this might be the realm where Crystal Prisoner was banished to, might fit in that way/

Nah, that’s a massive cliché if you ask me ;3

aww