Patch X.17.0 - The Tinkering

xd

ass is overrated dw

Pshh who needs to shit brix when you can die because of overflowing turds.

So are there no quests that use Esben or Megamoth tokens? Wiki doesn’t list any and I haven’t gotten any. Wondering if I should save them or not.

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/marks
Somewhere it says there something like - Pools that are unreleased are bolded and/or italicized
just look which ones are.

What the world does “unreleased” mean there? Is that official Deca language? Will there be quests for them in the future? When? Why wait?

Oh, I know… xD

I’m just glad some are unreleased. It makes it faster for me to hand in my hoarded epic marks. Imagine doing 6 tombs aday

@Krathan two xml-related questions:

multiple enemies in the lost halls are immune to slow, but that does not appear in the xml on static.drips.pw, example:

<SlowImmune/> does not appear, is there a particular reason for this such as <SlowImmune/> needing additional server-side stuff to work properly? same concern applies to armor broken immunity and curse immunity which the Void entity apparently has. (also is <SlowImmune/> the proper syntax for that?)

second, stasis is listed as a status effect that can be both inflicted on players and enemies. while this is technically true since “Pet Stasis” is <ConditionEffect duration="X" target="1">Stasis</ConditionEffect> it’s a bit misleading since there isn’t any mention of this odd exception on the page, and “Pet Stasis” is also listed as another status effect altogether. any reason pet stasis hasn’t been changed to <ConditionEffect duration="X">Pet Stasis</ConditionEffect> yet, other than “yeah it’s messed up but we don’t feel like going back and fixing every instance it appears in.”?

New forum category for XML hackers?

I can answer that one with regards to an XML document. XML itself allows empty (self-closing) elements to be made with this syntax, instead of testing what value they have you just test for there existence when reading a document.

EDIT: I’m pretty sure you need a space before the slash.

I would assume Immunity is server side so that a hacked clients cannot simply modify there client side XML to allow them to apply an effect to immune enemies. Perhaps not having it present in the client XML prevents it from rendering the Immune text?

I’m not sure that’s helpful. If you make multiple blank tags then the only thing you have to differentiate them would be their position, which changes based on other status immunities.

And if I had to use a blank tag for both slow and curse immune and had an enemy that was only slow immune, how would the server know which one I was using?

You also have the tag name? (SlowImmune, CurseImmune) By empty tag I mean that it doesn’t have any content between the opening and closing tag. It still has a name, and it could also have attributes. I don’t see why you could only poll the position within the document?

But that’s what my question is in the first place: is “SlowImmune” the tag name or not? For slow and curse it’s probably obvious, but what about armor break? That could be written as ArmorBrokenImmune or ArmorBreakImmune, or something else entirely.

Ahh I see, and I’m not really sure. To be completely honest we don’t really know until someone from DECA tells us or updates the doc with some missing information. This is precisely the problem with writing XML right now, is that we don’t know a lot. And its why something like what Doc was considering may not work.

Well maybe next time to ward off the irrelevant answers, maybe write ‘tag name’. :wink:

I can answer both of those!

<SlowImmune/> while correct in terms of syntax, doesn’t actually do anything currently.
The same is true for a couple of other Immunities like Armor Break or Curse Immunities.
To add the slow immunity, I need to add the “Slowed Immune” effect directly to the enemy via the condition effect behavior which does not show up on client-sided XML [<Behavior effect="Slowed Immune">ConditionEffect</Behavior>] (You can also notice how the XML Tag that would be correct is SlowImmune but the effect is Slowed Immune, it’s a bit confusing…)
For Armor Break Immunity it would be “Armor Broken Immune” and for Curse it would be “Curse Immune”.
Their respective non-working tags would be <ArmorBreakImmune/> and <CurseImmune/>.

I can’t exactly remember if that was changed since, but at the time I worked on those the tags weren’t working.

So Pet Stasis is a bit of an odd one, the way it works is that it inflicts Stasis on a pet instead of a player, there’s no actual “Pet Stasis” effect.
The target="1" signifies that the target is a pet, other effects can also be inflicted on pets, but as far as I know none of them have any specific functionalities built for it so it simply turn the pet into a chicken showing Pet [EFFECT] above the players’ head.
(Stasis on Players is also not an effect that actually works properly, I can tell you from experience: you can move normally and from the client perspective you aren’t getting hit, but the server still considers you taking damage which means you either d/c or die quite fast.)
The documentation is just plain wrong on that one, I remember telling them to update it before it got made public, but oh well.

Hopefully they’ll update the public documentation once they are a bit less busy.
In the mean time, anyone interested in XML just ping me or PM me if you have any question, I might not always be available, but I want to help people as much as possible.

I think this is better because, I’m guessing, you would be able to change it per state.

in the interest of updating that, I also noticed that Unstable and Darkness are missing from the documentation. once I finally get around to diving into the whole thing I can share everything else I find missing as well if no one’s done that yet.

while that is true, some enemies are just always immune to slow (examles being the Void Entity from the Lost Halls and the Argentum Interceptor from the Clock tower), so a permanent tag might be helpful.

That armor is dumb bet you hate it now.

I’m sorry Melissa, I am unablee tto attend the festival.