Patch X.23.0 - Assassin and Trickster Balance

Kinda gonna miss the skill ceiling for sin but probably better tbh I feel like the sin community was smol as is so it’s better this way

The new update seems to have broken MrEyeball - probably the same reason Muledump is down.

wait why does it say that theyll be removing march tokens?

???

You are aware that the bombs are spawned at the location you teleported from, not the location you teleported to, right?

It’s just a short-range AoE attack that deals heavy damage, but you need to get very close to the enemy; doing so is therefore greatly rewarded.

It’s probably just me, but I’d find it to be somewhat weird if Assassin and Trickster got wismod.
The only classes that are currently influenced by wismod are classes that focus on magic (both literally and lorewise), the Sorcerer being the odd one out when it comes to wis caps so I can’t say that it’s weird cause of their max wis.

However, I can still see from what standpoint you’re talking - it would certainly help the game.

also shameless self-promotion that I came up with the impact damage idea as well - possibly the first
I don’t want to brag about it because I’m not confident enough in it I’m only just pointing it out it’s a coincidence and a logical option

Really, do you think that the rotmg community cares about standing on their targets? Unless you are fighting ice spheres, getting close to your target is no problem. Why do you think people use etherite over any other dagger? For its dps, not survivability and range, I can tell you that.

The point I was trying to make was that a spellbomb has screen range (and some tiles), while the Ghostly Prism is restricted to wherever you’re standing.
I just thought you were implying something that didn’t correlate with this.

Some servers are restarting.

1. As long as all the abilities require mana, I feel they should be affected by wisdom.
  2. Unlike mana, which is clearly a magical resource, wisdom is also a natural attribute which does not necessarily mean magic. Isn’t it possible that being wiser would improve the ability to effectively use poison? Or a prism, whatever the real-world mechanics of that are supposed to be?
  3. On that topic, I’ve never really thought this through until today, but are prisms which generate decoys (even exploding ones) naturally occurring technology in oryx’s realm? I always thought they were magical and it never occurred to me that people might have thought otherwise.

what march tokens???

I thought of them as illusions generated by the prism and light

MrEyeball is back up now

Crashes should be fixed now!

Yes, it was more focused on fixes and adjustments, rather than a full rework.

Still on the table, but we’re thinking of making a bigger across-the-board balance pass and adding it to multiple classes at once, which is also why it didn’t make it in for these smaller changes.

1. What happened to all the bots in nexus? (thank you BTW) I just wanna know.

2. What happened to Mr Eyeball he’s so broken.

3. What happened to all the servers people are getting DCED constantly.

4. What’s this “across-the-board” stuff meaning EVERY class is getting a tweak?

5. (Opinion) I think Deca needs to be more open with their ideas and updates. I know public testing was a shot at it, but everyone knows that was a little odd, but nice, being a lot of people had problems although it was nice to get away from the pressure of prod and test new things.
    @Krathan
    If anyone want to add to this just let me know I’ll add to to the list of these questions and quote the answers and the questions in another reply

Cem Bug!

Have you ever talked of a Vit mod? I think it is for now the most unuseful stat in the game. Pets are really a problem for the game…

A cheaper spellbomb that does less damage, requires you to stand on the enemy, teleports, has a delay before it damages, can miss against a stationary enemy with some shots, and doesn’t belong on the wizard, one of the longest ranged classes. Yup, totally a spellbomb reskin.

Barely does less dmg, is aoe, teleports, belongs on trix, since it is a prism.
Ppl don’t really care about standing on the enemy since you can teleport away in a flash. Plus, pets can heal you out of whatever the enemy does do.

Yes, it is not literally a spellbomb, but it does similar dmg and is cheaper.

If that’s all you got then this is a ridiculously weak argument. The prot heals and can perma armor, so why is the jugg still one of the most sought after items if this one is better? It’s balanced by the class, people still play the warrior because it has literally 10+ times the dps of a priest, just like people will still play the wizard over a trickster because of it’s range and the spellbomb picking up whatever slack it has.

But is ghostly balanced? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.