Assassin Poison Rework [Instant Damage + Over-time]

But we’re talking about steamrolling, not soloing lol. Of course it’s fantastic for soloing since it’s poison is actually useful. But like I said before, it’s only use is in a wine cellar when there is a large group of ppl.

Well the poison should be shot like a spell: instantly. would help with the drop time problem.

wait a sec why am i still a blue star? XD

Log out of RE Forums and log back in.

Then by your logic the Rogue must be bad for steamrolling too; for he has 10 less ATT than the Assasin.
(Cloaks don’t matter when everyone is steamrolling)

Cloaks DO matter since they can planewalker into the fight and get there first, while preventing other people from tping as well. Thus getting in dmg quicker than any other class. Pretty good logic imo.

Edit: the assassin of course cannot do this since they have low def and no way of protecting themselves from danger

Nice bump btw LEL

1. Most (but not all) rogues have a planewalker. However, the 75 Speed of an assassin can traverse an off-centered screen’s worth in about 2-3 seconds (calculations may be wrong) and he can toss his poison while he is rushing in.

2. If the assassin is rushing in alongside him the cloak is rendered useless (in the protection aspect at least)

3. lol im an expert at that xD

A rogue simply goes in the other direction to avoid being seen. This can be circling around the enemy and attacking it from behind.

Thats 900 dmg. Wow. Would love to see someone land it too🙄

I am assuming he gets 3 ticks of damage in.

Poison, yes. If it takes the full amount of time to kill the enemy, then it’s probably ~1k dmg which is 5 dagger hits for a rogue

You have to factor in the 10 extra ATT that the sin has

Not really, one extra dagger hit (which a rogue can easily do) will make up for that

If Pfiffel and realmeye is right, the assasin will do 20% DMG/shot more than the rogue. 5 hits from an assassin with equal that of 6 shots from the rogue.

A rogue and an assassin walk up to a skull shrine (no one else) who is going to get more damage in? (They both attack from different sides)

A rogue will get around 90% of the damage since assassin will be able to throw ~4-5 poisons with maybe 4-5 dagger hits. About half of the poisons would miss and the dagger would create about 1k dmg. This would equal around 2.5k dmg. (I’m high-balling the shit outta this btw)

A rogue would get steady dmg the entire time since the skulls cannot see him.

I could rush in on my assasin and just sit there dealing damage for a solid 3-4 seconds if strafing

Lol :roll_eyes:

Trick question a urgle armor breaks them both and they die

Lmao those goddamn urgles

I want to see poisons pierce invulnerability for reduced damage.

Poison does y damage per second if it hits during a vulnerable phase

Poison does y divided by x damage if it hits during an invulnerable phase.

Of course, you’d have to make sure that the poison couldn’t kill the boss, so Deca would have to add some sort of point where the poison will no longer do damage so bosses won’t die when they are invulnerable.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Patch X.23.0 - Assassin and Trickster Balance
Official Thread: Polish and Balancing