Pirate Cave Loading Screen Pixel Art

Pirate%20Cave%20Loading%20Screen
I’ve heard this idea thrown out before about loading screens for certain areas having art appear while waiting, so I decided to do my own take but in RotMG’s pixel art style instead. I thought that it’d be cooler to see a preview of what the dungeon might look like while waiting to load in rather than something like saturnzcheery’s art. I’d post a screenshot of what that might look like but the forum doesn’t like big file sizes. The art would appear as a square above the circling diamond animation, presenting itself as a literal window into what area you’re about to enter. Maybe it’d have a fancy border to contrast against the black of the rest of the screen, or even some greeting text like, “You can hear the faint shouts of rowdy thieves from within…”

This mostly came from a desire to make the loading screen more interesting than just a black screen with the area title and animation. Feel free to leave feedback about the art itself or the idea.

Edit: changed background to be more fitting (also man 3d model textures are weird)

Love it!

This is an incredibly good idea. I love it!

Only thing I’d change is make the art a little high-resolution (maybe not the right word, what I mean is more pixels) as right now some of the finer details seem to blend into the background.

I’m pretty sure the blending in with the background is because of how similar the colors are. I tried to use the colors for the textures of the walls for the dungeon and they just so happen to be the same as the colors for the chest. I didn’t want to add outlines though since the art is more of a background thing rather than something that you need to focus on. I also didn’t want to use larger, more detailed sprites for enemies since I wanted to stay at least somewhat faithful to the game’s style and I was too lazy to create new sprites lol.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.