Apply Sicken within 2 tiles

On equip:
-8 vitality
-4 defense
+50 hp
+50 mp

• Fame Bonus: 7%
  • Feed Power: 750

Reason why I thought of it: I like the usefulness of priests, but dislike the idea of a horde of people sitting on a priest for a whole boss fight. This tome forces players to sit further away from the priest at the risk of sicken, with the added value of a much larger heal. To prevent pvp by using multiple tomes, purify is needed before healing to allow the time usage through sicken

Two things wrong with it, group purify and group sicken. Group Purify was removed from tomes quite deliberately and finally, I am almost certain it won’t return in any form. And group nerfs like Sicken are never going to be added, too much scope for PvP/griefing, especially as the nature of the game means you are normally unaware what items a player has equipped at any time, unless you make special effort to keep track of it.

So both Purify and Sicken would have to go. In theory you could change them to apply just to the Priest, but who would want a tome like that? Like a Tome of Purification but with Sicken stopping it healing you just when you presumably need it.

I thought that the sicken from the tome would apply to enemies only. I know some enemies can heal themselves or others, so I could actually see this being useful in certain cases. I do agree with removing the purify though.

Read the description, the Sicken applies to players – over a small radius but the radius is irrelevant if you find yourself unexpectedly sick just as you down your last HP pots to avoid certain death.

There isn’t a Sicken on enemies. So few can heal and in each it’s a fundamental feature of their mechanic, so I can’t see them letting players interfere with it, apart from the ways they can now such as killing the healer.

Sorry, this is a bad idea and an even worse execution. Why have priests in the first place, if you dislike people being close to them?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.