Player dungeon submissions template

Hiya, if you’ve been around while Kabam owned the game you may have known they gave a design template for dungeons. Here it is, with some minor changes. Using this doc as a template will help you to become more detailed in your dungeon making process and make it easier for a developer to make your dungeon if they choose to do so.

Dungeon Creator Resources?
Dungeon Idea- Olympus
Beholder Dungeon (Part 2)
Lost Lands

Was this in the original version of it? I don’t remember it being in there.

Other than that, great job!

Nice. I forgot about this. Think we should copy this into the forum?

Yes please! I’m pretty sure Discourse has a feature where you can have default text when creating new topics. You could put a link to this outline for topics that go in the dungeon/enemy section.

lol, i remember this last year, but kabam ditched this without us even knowing. For anyone reading the guidelines, you don’t always have to follow the rules, just make it all reasonable. Good job posting this, maybe i should even post the original unedited version?

I agree with this. For instance, I disagree with the whole Effects thing.

and the limit of bosses as well as monsters and min amount of different type of rooms and all this stuff that really does not need to be followed. Just make it reasonable.

It was, all I did was remove some rules that I didn’t find necessary and/or limiting, add a place to add hp, and give any immunities.

This is true, But keep in mind adding more than just what’s on the guideline is definitely a good idea but adding too little from it is not.

Totally off topic but,

Does @Phophull have some special relationship with DECA? I’m saying not because I question his ability (quite the contrary rather) but with the whole ‘many skin-changes without consulting the community’ and his involvement with the new dungeons.

It could just be that Reddit was the platform DECA chose to be their main method of communication and Phops is just a legend there.

It’s just because he is a artist that is also a closed tester

Phops is a tester and is used for art, doubt he’ll be changing any more existing sprites again though

If you’re making a dungeon idea that you actually want to be considered, please use this template. Specifying behaviors, attacks, mechanics, etc. in an organized fashion instead of just vaguely explaining things makes it much easier for actual designers to work with. This template is a fantastic guideline for people who want to make their own dungeon ideas, so use it well. :+1:

Is there an existing class submission template? If not it’d be appreciated if someone created one. (I’ve got 13 classes that need organization before they are posted.)

There is not, but if there was this is what would be in it.

• Sprite
  • Name
  • What classes unlocks it
  • Lvl 1 stats
  • Stats gained per level
  • Maxed stats
  • Ability
  • Weapon it uses
  • Armor it uses

yep, its really good to help players make an actual idea, but the only problem is that there are a couple of rules that absolutely do not need to be followed. And again, even if youre not gonna follow those dumb rules, still make it reasonable and not do something like 1000000 hp and 1000 dmg or like 100 bosses.

Or at least make a way for it to be reasonable.
I can think of ways to make 1000000 or more HP and 1000 damage shots to work. For 100 bosses, a huge number of very weak bosses, sort of like a Zombie Horde.

yep. the reason why i actually put in about not doing op features is because someone’s idea actually had that.

Which, having OP features, or having OP features and a way to justify them?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.