Poison buff

While many people put it as their TOP class because they actually know how to play it. Does it matter if YOU don’t know how to play it so automatically its bad? Assassin can get SB without its poison. If you think its shit, play another class.

Lets stay on topic here, this thread is about the poison, not the actual assassin. Of course an assassin can easily get sb without a poison. But anyways, Even skilled players will have a hard time utilizing the poison ability. At any event that gets steamrolled in the realm, the assassin is literally the first class that becomes completely useless because of the delay time for the poison to actually land. Literally I can name a use for every other ability in every dungeon where the boss gets steamrolled besides the poison. Assassin does require a lot of skill as you said, but even with skill, the poison can be completely useless at times.

This is a ridiculous point to bring up. Chests have a couple seconds of invulnerability allowing you to time it to hit as soon as it’s vulnerable. A better point would be that the chest gets steamrolled faster than the poison can make a difference, which I would agree with, but this applies to anything that can be steamrolled.

I’m pretty sure @Shatter (forgive me if it was someone else) made a good point about how the poison was balanced for a more slow paced gameplay, like realm used to be. The way realm is now, I would agree that the assassin isn’t a very exciting class, but it’s far from under powered. Poison damage completely ignores defense, has a range as far as you can see, can’t be blocked by minions, and allows for killing enemies after they’ve gone invulnerable. The assassin also has 75 speed and pretty decent dps with the dagger, when needed.

I wouldn’t be against a poison rework though.

So perhaps the poison should dmg enemies quicker? Since the game is more fast paced (because of pets I’m guessing).

To buff a class like the assassin to be more suited for how realm is now would be very difficult without just turning it into a dagger wielding wizard. I think it’s fine the way it is now especially since it fits the theme that dagger classes seem to have, which is that they do better off alone or with a small group.

@Xaklor *

You are not forgiven.

Basically what I’m saying

This pretty much sums up the problem! Some heroes don’t wear capes :kissing_heart:

It’s also not neccesary.

The class itself is actually fine, its the rest of the game thats broken. At the current state most classes are better at nearly all things except the wc:

In midgame dungeons and glands the tankiness and dps of melees and the pure damage of wizards and archers overshines the assasin and various other classes.
At the “old” events its decent when you can solo or you are in a very small group (but how often does that happen?) and the poison is useless at the usual steamroll.
When closing realms (which is required for wcs) its nice with the speed, but not to good at said events usually spanned during that process. A trix or a ninja would be better in any way for that.
Endgame dungeons (except tomb) and their “new” events are afaik usually done in huge groups where everybody gets sb and support classes and ranged damage dealers like priest, mystic, paladin etc. are the best. and throwing poisons makes very little difference.
In tombs poison are a no-go for clean ones and require an enormous mheal for ffa. But if one has the pet for that, then he can also use an archer or wizard easily and do more damage.

The only situation where poisons are really useful is when you are attacking a strong boss, which is too dangerous to be attacked with your main dagger, alone or in a small group and and you can apply the typical hit-and-run tactic with the poison.
A few years ago events and bosses would last way longer so assassin had his uses, since that situation occured way more often.

Another problem for the assassin is that nowadays you can get sb damage with only a few hits on nearly every boss. Back when the threshholds were higher an assassin could get sb with 3 or 4 poisons and very little risk, which was a thing most classes couldnt do that easy.
Now its super easy to deep once, deal like 1000 damge and get sb.

Summed up the probelms of the poison are that

• Bosses die too fast for the poison to be useful
  • Sb threshholds are so low that everyone gets sb anyway, so assassin hasnt got an edge on classes with other strengths anymore
  • Situations where its hard to get even a little bit of damage in are rarer

Worst class?

With the poison, timing must come into action.

chris is right, if you think assassin sucks than your playing the class wrong

Mkayy…

You cannot time when things get steamrolled…I’ve already mentioned this earlier in the thread…

I have a 7/8 assassin and the thing is it requires so much more effort and knowledge (and even skill) to put its ability to its full potential. You need to have a great timing and that implies on knowing so much about the fases and how each boss/mob works if you compare to owiz spell the difference is huge . Personally i think they should shorten the time it takes to hit the mob by half and, maybe change its damage output to work in a increasing way and shorten the time .

by not play paden

Finally, a sensible thinker. This is exactly what deca should do.

SDFGBDHG;JSD F;R @plebjesus what about me :triumph:

Lol, suggested topics below:
Would you remove any class from RotMG?
Worst Class in the Game?

lel xd

The hypocrisy. Stop complaining if you think the ability is bad. Many others appreciate it. As for wizard and other classes, you need to aim spell bombs, which can be a pain and have to also have perfect timing. Quivers need precise aim as they are thin. Traps need timing, as it also requires 1-2 seconds to set. This is just a few

Sure…

Edit: Also this