Politics ( ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡°) 2, Electric Boogaloo

Read it before, and found no valid evidences. First of all, why only Falun Gong? Plus if the group was outlawed in 1999, they should not be in mainland China in the 1st place.

That’s like saying “If the Jewish were persecuted by the Nazis, they shouldn’t have been there in the first place.” Not all laws are right, but most people only realise that in hindsight…

P.S You evidently didn’t read the article, first line literally mentions “other political prisoners”.

This is old testament law. Doesn’t apply with the New Covenant overriding it.

Actually I did, but why only the one who were mentioned in the article?

Maybe because the article’s focus was on the Organ harvesting from Falun Gong practitioners in China, and mentions of other groups would be unnecessary for the main points being driven across?

That really does not change anything I said before

Christian society has always been anti gay, so burn the old testament if you want but it does not change the fact that the majority of Christians all around the world see being gay as a sin.

if Christians really dident hate gays why would they continue to do it since they have existed

I mean the bible says a lot of things that modern Christians do and don’t do, so I think misinterpretation of text is not an issue again because most people (probably no one) dont follow everything the bible says

most people dont live their lives by the bible and thats how it as always been with most religions throughout there is always room for interpretation and practices to be be added outside of the bible

religion is larger then what is just in their religious text

there are many christian holidays around the world and I dont recall the bible talking about most of them or even telling people to celebrate them

so if religion wasent a major factor in homophobia why are the majority of homophobic people religious and living in very religious countries?

I don’t hate religion or anything, I have my own beliefs but as it stands currently this is just a matter of fact but that dosent mean it always has to be

I know, but one point it says someone saw his Falun Gong friend’s remain and notice that his organs were missing when he visited the morgue. But where’s the picture of that? And how can we tell that deceased is actually a practitioner?

I’m just going to let you read through this.

Yawn I have read that articles few times. Boring.

Would that be allowed on Wikipedia? Bit gory, hmm? Because his friend says he is ffs.

Why have you read it a few times, if human rights violatons weren’t the norm?

imagine using Wikipedia as a reliable source of information lul

no seriously, don’t use Wikipedia as a main source of information please, its rather unreliable and a bit too generalistic with its information.

If you insist on using Wikipedia, at least try to use the sources at the bottom of the page instead.

As a Christian I am glad to have read this, the amount of idiotic/hateful “Christians” has caused me great distress for a long time, and most secular people seem to define us by them.
Not to say I agree with LGBT, I believe homosexuality to be a sin, rather the reason for homosexuality being wrong is due to the way God intended sex to be treated and so if you are an atheist you really have no reason to believe it is wrong as you don’t believe God, so I’m not gonna waste my time telling you it’s wrong.

Also

From the Bible:
You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

And

At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.
At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”
"No one, sir,” she said.
“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin."

When the old testament mentions stoning people to death as punishment, it specifically in another place also mentions it as an optional punishment to the discretion of the accuser/witness, and although there was punishment, a man who knew the law often understood that the death penalty on almost everything was to show how severe sin in general is, but also understood mercy to be a virtue, so they more than often didn’t follow through on the death penalty. Especially not the one for disobeying parents because then they would stone all children to death. It is important to understand the context and intention when reading the Bible instead of just taking it at face value, defining one’s mortality based on one verse pulled out of context is often where heresy comes from.
Also Jesus declared the death penalty dealt by man as wrong and that God is the only one who is allowed to judge and destroy man, so any Christian talking about killing homosexuals has no idea what they are talking about.

Also as far as @Tauntauned’s and @PRCSakura’s article searching, it is important to remember that Google’s results and what you are shown can differ from person to person, especially concerning news articles, though I don’t know enough about Chinese politics to contribute.

while I acknowledge the distinction between hateful and peaceful christians, I do kinda agree with taun here that it doesn’t matter very much, because that’s not the point. it’s a similar situation with the phrase “all cops are bastards”. no, obviously not literally every police officer is a hateful power-tripping bigot and there are some genuinely well-meaning people out there, but that’s not the point.

the point is that the system as a whole is having this effect. in the case of the police force, it’s that in practice they rarely have much of anyone to answer to when it comes to excessive violence because it’s all “part of the job” which in turn invites somewhat less-than-pleasant people to crop up since they can get away with unnecessarily brutalizing the minorities they don’t like. in the case of christianity (as well as other anti-LGBT+ religions) it’s that it provides an easy excuse for various forms of queerphobia as well as indirectly promoting some very closed-minded ways of thinking. perhaps not the intention of Christ, but the effect he’s had nonetheless.

(although I must also admit that in the case of ACAB, I would argue the wording of that phrase is not well thought out and unintentionally invites the surface level defense of “well no they aren’t my brother is a very nice man” but that’s a different conversation.)

I see this distinction between hateful and non-hateful christians not as an excuse of the effect it has, but rather a reason to not hate people on the personal level. I obviously don’t hate you just for being christian and for me being gay (I hope that’s obvious anyway), but the effect that christian religions are having on the world and how they see us is still very very real and it’s not particularly pleasant for many of us out there. pedantic levels of scripture and teaching are all very well but the haters are gonna hate and they’ll cherry pick whatever bits of faith they have to in order to do it.

One of the biggest things I don’t understand about christianity and any religions that have omnipotent deities is this - if they’re omnipotent, and know all, why did they create sin? If you argue that they didn’t create sin, and that their creations did, then why not create something that physically cannot do anything sinful? Tbh, I agree with Christianity, but it’s that point that makes me waver.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MorbidReality/comments/dgndmh/none_of_the_pictures_posted_of_tieniman_square

Saw the picture. It’s beyond the extreme for sure. But I don’t dare to confirm majorities of victims are peaceful protesters.

Like I said before. Regardless of who started or finished it, its gruesome level is beyond extreme and should not happen… but it did.

And this is why I said I don’t dare to confirm that such violence did not happen.

You aren’t better than the Christians you’re tossing crap at just because you’re a moderate homophobe. 8|