Politics ( ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡°)

image yikes

Yuppers

Fetuses are considered responsible now?? lolwat

So let me get this straight: you think a non-sentient mass of cells has more agency and rights than a woman (or a girl in case of underage pregnancy)?

I don’t think you understand the difference between will and instinct.

In reality that’s just not the case. The guy can just walk away anytime, the girl can’t. It’s a fundamentally unbalanced situation.

What is it with these sites and being obsessed with dicks?

I’m quite sure some of the articles are joking in some fashion as I found this at the end of an article about a German metal band “glorifying the holocaust”

Capture2

It’s really fucking hard to tell though.

Ima go delete my history now…

biologically, a human, though. Sentience has nothing to do with it. Is an elderly person in a coma sentient/aware of their surroundings? No. Are they alive and human? Yes.

Don’t really understand your point here.

Every human has the right to life. Abortion deprives a human of their right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. A detestable situation doesn’t justify deprivation of those rights.

implying I’ll ever get in any sort of relationship
Also if I ever get married and the person I’m married to doesn’t want to have children, it’s not my place to force them to.

The woman has the sole responsibility of carrying it around for 9 months, so again it’s not my right to force them to.

By this logic curing a benign tumor would be murder.

Let’s set something straight.

Human DNA =/= a living breathing human.

On the flip side, the lack of choice deprives the woman of their right to control their life, takes away their freedom, and definitely would not make them happy being forced into parenthood.

I hope so, or else that would be really sad.

You’re from the US right? How many people do you think have died and will die because of the death penalty? How many people do you think have died and will die because of conflicts you guys started or had a hand in?

Do you think these people didn’t want to live? Do you think they were not human?

It’s really weird to try and understand your logic here. If any loss of human life is bad regardless of reasons, then you’re going to have much bigger problems than just the abortion debate.

And again: it’s a moot point anyway. Forbidding abortions doesn’t make people stop doing them, it just makes them less safe.

I never said you or anyone else would force them to have children D: My point was that the decision should involve both parents because that’s the most fair option (Unless again its a single parent or rape)

Nope. A benign tumor doesn’t develop into a human. Try again.

Human DNA and the inevitable formation of a human = literal biological human

Rape = illegal
Abstinence = a choice (lame ass choice but still)
Birth control = available
You don’t have the right to escape the consequences of your choices. If your choice is hypergamy and you get pregnant, you don’t get the right to deprive the human you just created of their life.

The death penalty is an entirely different issue. The right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is a right as long as you don’t infringe on other’s rights to life, liberty, and happiness. If you murder people, you’re infringing on their rights and it’s just to stop you from doing that.

I don’t support our war on terrorism. The only reason I am joining the airforce is to be a PJ, a highly capable combat medic, to save lives.

Of course any loss of human life is bad. Innocent life (aka fetus) is even worse, because they’ve done no wrong and are defenseless.

Let’s make a hypothetical situation here.

Say my wife was pregnant, but she doesn’t want to have a child.

If she wants an abortion, she’d have get my approval if we’re going with both parents.

However, that gives me sole control over whether or not she can get said abortion.

Ah but the “baby” would be infringing on the parent’s life, liberty, and happiness.
So by this logic, it’s merely the death penalty for the “baby”.

You’re doing some serious mental gymnastics. Existing isn’t a crime. Getting the death penalty requires a crime being committed.

And this is why I brought up the benign tumor.

Hypothetically speaking, the tumor poses no risk to the host for that moment. However, it’s existence negatively impacts the host.

Same thing for an unwanted baby. If we think of it from a biological standpoint, it’s a clump of cells that takes nutrients from you and is (in this case) unwanted.

Alright, you have a fair point. BUT, that still doesn’t mean a decision wouldn’t be able to be made, because you can always drag your doctor into that mess.

anyway this is gonna be my last post for a bit on this topic, I don’t wanna get consumed and become a lesser Steve Shives.

Wrong again dude, it’s literally biologically a human. It’s not just a clump of cells.

Ah but you need both parent’s consent in your scenario.

So is a tumor. Biologically a human, with some slight mutations that cause it to grow rapidly and uncontrolled.

Doesn’t change the fact that it happens and has consequences that have to be dealt with.

You could have saved lives also by being a civilian doctor.

An army exists to kill when it’s necessary, or rather when your superiors tell you it is. If you don’t understand that, you shouldn’t be part of an army.

As opposed to what? The average civilian who gets hit by a stray bullet or bomb? Are they all automatically guilty and able to defend themselves?

Which one do you think is worse? Dying before becoming sentient or spending your entire life wishing you were never born?

A tumor will never become a human being. A fetus will.

hoo boy this is already getting real good :popcorn:

Don’t make me drag you into this mess you kibble eating dog >:(((

sowwy for using the bad word

As opposed to the death penalty.

I do understand that completely. My point is that I’m joining for actual lifesaving reasons. If somebody wants to shoot at whoever I’m responsible for, that justifies blasting them :shrug:

not having the opportunity to live.