Post your unpopular opinions about realm here

That sounds very reasonable. Deca will need to consider how forge will play with modifiers, when they become a thing.

If that is your going rate for Shatters you should enter the lottery or something, lol. Very much looking forward to the rework (hopefully) putting some loot into that dungeon.

Also, can we please get that in LOD? Literally don’t change the dungeon, it’s fine, just make it drop at least as many pots as Cem. It should honestly drop even more based on its difficulty, but that’s at least a start.

The Hive is not an easy dungeon for the level it’s aimed at image

The line is above 0 DPS, so I see no problem with hitting soulbound there.

When competing with other players, you’ll easily get out-dpsed, and I’m assuming he does play with other players (not a bad thing btw)

So they get out-DPSed. The only reason why that should matter is if the boss dies beefore they can hit 'em, or if they’re hunting for an Oryx 2/3 callout.
For soulbound, DPS barely matters - unless you’ve got something that is literally unable to deal consistent damage, or gets entirely nullified by a monster’s defense.

kendo stick actually decreases luck instead of increasing it

Enforcer nerf was well deserved, makes it closer to the realm of a “split” shot weapon, fortunately not to the point of dblade.

See post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/mz2g56/enforcer_nerf_was_well_deserved_guys/

Of course I don’t have one, but I think it’s a non-biased opinion as I loved how samurai/ninja got buffed with it, but never gotten an enforcer.

hopefully you get one this o3 event

I know this is late, but welcome to the forums!
This opinion actually isn’t as unpopular as you may think. So many of us, me included remembering how useful that staff was at the point you could expect to get it. Sure, it gets outclassed pretty quickly once you are experienced, but it has same average damage per shot as t7, but dps between t8 and t9 with 110% fire rate. in addition to the extra 0.45 tiles of range, it is an excellent item to use when you would get it in the progression of the game. Still a very popular item for PPE characters starting off.

especially for upes, that can be a long running staff for them

T14 staff is better than superior. it scales way better with defense, it’s easier to use, and it has way more range

That’s no unpopular opinion, and Superiors still good in some situations like O3

??? ive never seen some1 saying t14 is better than superior

Really? I do runs sometimes in vet raids and the opinion largely is that T14 is the best staff. Superior sees limited utility for armor broken targets

Scholar’s Seal costs way too much. It gives 1.5 seconds to most abilities with duration (30% for 5 second abilities) . Gives extra damage (+33% to the base damage) to the T6 Scepter (+100) and Skull (+60) and gives 30 more HP on tiered seals (varies, but +25% to T6)

For comparison, take the Sandstone Seal which reduces IC by 0.75 seconds. That’s 37.5% more reduction for 40 Vit classes, 20% for 75 Vit classes, all for a whopping 70 MP. It is arguably just as impactful. (Though, I don’t know if it’s still bugged where it can stack but spamming too much reduces the boost to around +3 Vit)

Scholar’s Seal doesn’t seem game-breaking so why does it cost 200MP? That’s 80 MP higher than Oreo and 65 MP higher than Marble Seal, both of which have higher and more direct impact on gameplay. Anywhere between 100 and 150 would be more reasonable and would scale well as more classes gain Wis-Mod.

If the wis boosting didn’t affect you you’d be right. Or if it had a cooldown.

Is it really that big if seals only last 1.5 seconds longer? Oreo lasts 0.3 seconds longer. Also, it’s already taking up inventory space so I don’t believe a high cost is justified.

Again, the same thing can be said with the Sandstone Seal. It also affects your In-Combat timer, but I don’t see it having such a high cost.

Just a heads up that some of these may actually be popular, but I’d like to point out a few things that I don’t see being discussed much.

1. One of the biggest issues with the game is the economy. To be more precise, the issue is that there aren’t enough items that are worth any significant value to be worth trading. Sure, you could argue that UBHPs/DECAs/STs that were removed from the game are good ways of consolidating…but then what? The gear isn’t worth using in most cases (for example, soulless and shendyt get outclassed by a ton of robes in the game), and so it just accumulates in peoples’ vaults. A suggestion I have would be to make all tiered gear tradeable. If all STs and UTs are to remain soulbound, what is the purpose in keeping higher tiered loot soulbound too? To my knowledge, the duping problem during the kabam era has been largely resolved now.

2. Many of the dungeon designs (not art) were better before their respective reworks. This is not to discredit the amazing effort DECA has put in, but it is very disappointing to see dungeons like ddocks, which most players would happily do before, seldom be completed. My proposed system would be for the key popper (if opened) to be able to decide which version of the dungeon to select, or have two separate instances. Or, at the very least, continue with Rifts but consider something akin to Timewalking dungeons in WoW. This leads into my next point.

3. Endgame bossfights take longer than is necessary through meaningless invulnerable phases that waste players’ time. During the Wildshadow era, there was little need for the introduction of phases because players chose to take risks entering for damage, or choosing to play safe by keeping distance and healing. The fights took long simply because the bosses had a lot of health. With the introduction of pets and endgame dungeons, alongside a dps-minded playerbase, these bosses have instead been supplemented by invulnerable phases to take longer. The distinction here is control; I would much rather fight bosses with no invulnerability and more health than ones that take 10-20 seconds to transition into another phase.

I may consider updating this list but that’s all for now.

ok that’s something I can’t agree with. First of all, bosses such as oryx 1, ocean trench, and tomb of the ancients all had invulnerable phases, with oryx 1 being well known in the community for having too many invulnerability phases and taking a bit too long. Second, this is my opinion, but I’d much rather bosses that require you to dodge and practice patterns then let players steamroll over bosses that are meant to be a challenge. I’m going to use mbc as an example, as its probably the biggest offender of this: with mbc the entire boss fight is filled to the brim with shots, and in my opinion, the survival phases where mbc cannot be attacked is a good way incentivize players to actually dodge shots, because think about it, if you could attack the boss during that phase, people would try to just find a way to skip the phase like with the forgotten king, or the twilight archmage. Point is, invulnerability can be necessary in order to promote dodging shots, rather than steamrolling through dungeons. Do I think they should make invulnerability phases shorter? yes, but do I believe we should remove them entirely? no

I’m wholeheartedly with you here, especially on the idea that bosses shouldn’t be steamrolled, but again there’s an important distinction to make. Bosses that have invulnerability are fine so long as they have an important role in the fight. I would argue that o1’s invulnerability phases weren’t a significant contribution to the length of the fight simply because of the difference in playstyle. Dps was lower, there were no pets, and so the fight would take nearly as long back in 2011-2012 if the invulnerability phases had been removed. If invulnerability is added purely for the sake of slowing down the fight (think Theatre or even some of the newer additions too like fungal and crystal), there’s no reason to keep it. I also don’t know how I feel about invulnerability until a minion is killed - usually that part of the fight is time consuming without being challenging.

The best case that I can think of right now of what you’re suggesting is the end of the Dammah fight. I think that whole fight in general tackles this issue by forcing players to dodge while also requiring them to go in to deal damage.

Also, The Forgotten King is one of the exceptions where phase skips completely change the nature of the boss fight, which was unintentional from its design.

(I also completely forgot two very good examples of what I was talking about earlier: o2 and Thessal. Both of them used to be challenging not because they had distinct phases, but because of health and the balance between going deep and staying back to heal. Invuln and new phases were added to these fights to make sure they weren’t steamrolled, but in these cases it feels like a cheap supplement designed to waste time rather than an actual productive change, but then again that’s my opinion)