PT #5 Cnidarian Reef

It has scepter and poison also cough shaitans cough

it’s a one room boss fight. how can you expect it to have more than two whites? it’s not even as difficult as shaitans or encore.

Ran a couple of petless solos (all but one of which ended in DCs or horrible deaths), and the dungeon’s quite fine, although some enemy dialogue could be nice.

Turns out that this dungeon is super easy to run in a group, although many haven’t understood some of the trick safespots in the boss fight and keep dying. It turns it that soloing without a pet or healing class isn’t too hard either.

But I have an issue with DCing in the final phase when the boss is alive too long in some classes. I believe that this is because the minions and their shots are overloading the server and potentially causing the crash, which can only be prevented if the minions are cleared out (either manually or killing the boss fast) quickly enough. Maybe lessen the number of minions in the phase in return for buffer ones?

I’ve spent well over 5 hours running reefs and haven’t been able to get either of the UT’s. Only 2 times have I seen it drop for someone, they’re a little too rare for testing imo. I just want to be able to try them out before this testing session ends.

FIRST I want to say the jellies in last phase can be abused to farm fame. I hope this is fixed before Prod release. I was testing pot drop rate on priest and noticed a whopping 130-140 fame compared to the 90 I had on other classes. EDIT: Nevermind, I wanted to test how much you get and I believe there’s a limit. Can’t get above specific amount.

Solo’d once with Knight to test (with pet).

After that I solo’d WITHOUT A PET on ninja, warrior, knight, paladin, priest, sorc, wizard, necromancer, mystic, rogue, archer, trickster, and assassin (after typing this I realize I could’ve just said all classes but Huntress since it’s same shit as Archer). Surprisingly I messed up on Rogue the most. lol

Very disappointed in ALL stasis immune. Please make at least the red/pink jellies Stasis-able!

I LOVE that all the jellies can drop pots (blue wisdom, pink vit, yellow def, green speed). This is every reminiscent of the old Deadwater Docks boss fight (Parrots used to drop Dexterity and old tops. Why did they remove that? Absolutely no reason to).

As it stands, the jellies need to be nerfed in final phase. They can stack up too much (apparently, I’ve never let the boss live long enough) and make people lag. Something like Septavius minions that put a max limit.

I got the Poison UT and I am severely disappointed in it. I’m unsure if I’m not utilizing it correctly or if it’s really underpowered. 8 second cooldown is ridiculous, especially for the DPS output (single target?) It doesn’t show damage amount (due to settings maybe?). It seems extremely weak compared to all other poisons. Does it add to soulbound damage?

Haven’t gotten scepter UT.

P.S. You can check out all the solos on my Twitch except the Ninja, I did that before starting stream. Ninja, Warrior, Priest were my favorites in these tests. Rogue and Mystic were my least favorites.

I also got it and have mixed feelings about it. what it appears to be doing is the jelly is zapping enemies for 400 poison damage. after extensive testing on various targets and counting the number of zaps, it appears to inflict 5600 - 6000 damage per use. using a T6 poison does around half that if you include the number of poisons you could be throwing in between the 8 second cooldown.

that said, if an item requires an 8 second cooldown to be balanced, it should probably be reworked more extensively. it’s pretty boring having to wait and do nothing, and it’s also extremely localized. fancy spawn mechanics aside, it’s basically a more extreme Murky Toxin: more damage, tighter range. at first, I was concerned that this poison might be too similar to Liquid Rage, which I would then have to rework myself since the reef is going to prod. I’m still going to have to do that, but maybe the reef poison should behave more like it? Liquid Rage uses TrapTrigger (an area of effect explosion type thing, like the davy prism) and multiple entities instead of a single entity and zap. I would suggest throwing out multiple jellies and/or using an AoE over zap. then the damage can be nerfed and it can be its own thing instead of a clunky Murky Toxin 2.0.

All I can say it. RIP to browser players when this dungeon gets released. Considering there’s barely even anyone on the server or in the dungeon and it lags out almost every time, I wonder what it would be like on prod

I ran about 30 of them and either dced or died from lag+suffocation in all of them

I’ll definitely consider it!

The current max is 50. I may lower it to something like 35 or 40.

The damage is incredibly high for single targets. It’s the intended use.
Those last two points are backend bugs, I believe.

That would definitely work! I think I initially went with Zap because it had a built in DoT, but TrapTrigger could also work.

The dungeon is cool, I had no issues while testing it (flash projector, EU server). It’s challenging at first, but solo-able on any class. The invulnerable phases are well thought and not just pointless timers like during some other bossfights. The difficulty decreases drastically after the player count reaches 8-10, but for a dungeon that drops def and att only (guaranteed) it’s not too bad. Personally I don’t like he Court of Oryx mechanism though, if this dungeon stays there, there will be only a 33% chance to get the desired dungeon from Craig (even less during ice tomb events and such). I would like to see a rework on that, maybe a voting system or opening one instance of all possible dungeons, I don’t know.

I tried to play this a few times last night. Thought it was pretty good (like the constriction around air and the positioning if the vents). I didn’t manage to complete it though as each time I got close to the 4th stage it would boot me out.

Is that just me or are others having the same issue?

Dave

The test server is way more likely to dc you in general, so I dont think the dungeon will dc you that often on prod.

If you are having trouble with dcs, try using flash player or another browser. This seems to help for some people. Especially Google Chrome causes a lot of dcs.

They spawned infinitely, so you could just set up groups to only attack the parrots and be swimming in a bunch of valuable items for no effort.

Interesting mechanic. Hard to solo with no good pet, but it is possible. Great job, it looks great so far!

I think this run is more focused on the dungeon rather than the whites. They’ll probably be testable withing the next week.

The items for both Reef and the changed LH UTs are currently available in a box on the testing server!

Thanks or the information! I’ll be sure to check it out later. :slight_smile:

Check the main public testing thread, its a new Court dungeon.

You can get then from the mystery box.