Quiver of Heavens

That would make it a Omega quiver…

I think you should make a portal for it, like a battle in the Heavens. And then it could be a part of a ST set or something. Unless, you dont want to do all that.

As far as I know, nothing in the game is immune to slow. While more effects would make it better, I want to keep it reasonable, not ridiculously overpowered or complicated.

Do you think my idea is valid?

I like your idea, but I don’t have the time to make a new dungeon from scratch by myself. Go ahead and try it yourself if you want.

That’s a good point, but it’s not really what I’m aiming for. I tried to make a quiver that allows you to use the appropriate status effect without having to carry 2 quivers. Not both at once. I’m considering giving it armour pierce to make it stand out more though.

Why don’t you just make 2 different projectile shots with an arc gap?

The application doesn’t make sense, I don’t see it being used anywhere. Bringing a low tier quiver is never a problem since you start out with the t0 anyway. Just keep it in your inventory.

I disagree, keeping an extra quiver in your inventory can be incredibly frustrating. My characters’ inventories are always full of random items and being able to leave one out would help tremendously. Maybe you don’t have that problem, that’s fine, don’t use this quiver then. As for the idea of making it shoot 2 projectiles, it’s not bad, but I’d rather keep it simple.

I gotta say, I really like it! I think the Paralyzed for 3 seconds and Slowed for 3 seconds is a cool
idea, but I think it should be like 95 mana or something, and make it also have damaging, instead of the paralyze. anyway, good idea!

I actually hate this. It completely defeats the point of carrying any tiered quiver, T6 and T0. We call that a “direct upgrade”, and they make for overpowered and bland ideas. Implementing this would be like re-adding the unnerfed doku with the unbuffed tiered katanas.

The saddest part is, it took 15 replies for someone to point this out :c

Agreeable, the cost is very low, along with good damage and bonus MP/Dex, allowing it to be easily spammed. This would kind of be like giving a shield stun and daze for a low MP cost. Besides, I think we could go a little more unique than just having another paralyze/slow quiver

Like the idea, but +50 Max MP is really drastic for an ability.

I recommend +25 MP or +30 MP seeing as how this would be really OP with +2 dex/wis anyways.

Or you could just give it armor broken, curse, user gets berserk and damaging. Oh yeah, the target should also get stunned, stasised, dazed and confused. It should also do about as much damage as an ST spell, when you hit a perfect spell bomb. It should also be armor piercing.

This is just quiver so that you won’t have to constantly switch.
i think…

Alright, I see where you’re coming from. I tried to make it as balanced yet unique as possible, which is really hard if you don’t want your item to either be completely discarded because it isn’t impactful enough, or stupidly overpowered. This quiver has the ability to make the tiered ones useless, but only in certain situations. Yes, it basically does the same thing as keeping 2 quivers on you, that’s the whole point, but you lose some damage potential because of the lowered damage and dex bonus. I think that’s a fair tradeoff.

no, it does that in all situations, that’s what makes it op. before you would have to switch quivers before shooting, with this you get to use the same quiver on all enemies and it inflicts whatever it can, paralyze if possible, slow if not.

can I also assume you think the damage reduction on fulmi is also a fair tradeoff to tiered scepters?

So you would consider using this quiver on, say, the Puppet Master 2 strictly better than using any tiered quiver? I really don’t think that makes it op. It’s completely up to you wether you find possibly slowing an enemy better than dealing about a hundred extra damage.

Yes, in fact, I do.

Alright, enough tantrum throwing now, please tell me how you would improve upon this item, I am very curious.

tantrum throwing? all I’m saying is this is op and why it is. If you can’t handle negative feedback for once you have other things you need to work on besides your quiver :wink:

completely redo it, scrap this iteration completely. of course, this means that I can’t give further direction without basically doing the entire idea for you besides adding some numbers and calling it an item. but I can give you some pointers:

1. avoid “all-purpose” ideas, they’re actually very broken and are the epitome of “direct updgrades”
  2. avoid just changing the status effect of an item, even if the result is balanced it’s not particularly creative
  3. remember to keep in mind the current state of the tiered items you’re making the UT for, as well as limitations and conditions of other effects from other UT’s. one of the most frequent blunders is to add daze to an item to make it “unique” since only QoT uses it, but they completely forget that QoT has a very long cooldown, and a single non-piercing projectiles, so they put it on a spell or something. totally broken.

also proasdfase tried putting together an item guide, I’d say it’s covers most common problems.

I wasn’t referring to you. Thanks for the feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.