Quiver of Venomous Doom

I have a new idea for an item that will never come to the game! Last time I did a scepter, now I made a quiver. I made a quiver because I felt that the archer could use another quiver. I am looking forward to some Constructive Criticism. Don’t just say its bad, tell me why it is bad and have an argument to justify your claim so I learn and do not make the same mistake when making other ideas. This is my 2nd idea so I’m still pseudo-new. Also please read everything before commenting.

###Quiver of Venomous Doom

A quiver that once belonged to a skilled mercenary that as fallen to the Son of Arachna. Summons magical quivers that are tipped with the same poison that has slain many heroes.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 100
  • Damage: 500 damage (50 dmg/sec)
  • Duration: 10 Seconds
  • Effect: Paralyzed for 1 second
  • Cooldown: 1 seconds
  • Range: 15
  • Stat Bonus: +4 ATT, -4 VIT
  • Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Feed: 650

####Drops From:

• Son of Arachna
  • Blue Son of Arachna Egg Sac
  • Red Son of Arachna Egg Sac
  • Silver Son of Arachna Egg Sac
  • Yellow Son of Arachna Egg Sac

####More info
"Hey idiot, the Assassin already has a poisonous damage over time effect."; I know this isn’t a “unique” idea. I just wanted to see how damage over time would work on a quiver. I balanced it out by not making it pierce as well as giving it a 2 second cooldown and a 100 mp cost as well as slowing for 2 seconds. The drop location is from the Son of Arachna because the other white, Doku No Ken, is associated with the theme of poison and another white wouldn’t hurt in cdepths. -4 VIT because handling poison is not safe. I don’t know if it is OP or under-powered, so comment with that in mind. Sprite was made by me and idk if it looks good or not. Vote below!
EDITS:

• Increased the duration of the damage from 10 secs to 14 secs (left total damage untouched)
  • Decreased total damaged and changed 14 second duration to 10 seconds
  • Lowered cooldown and added a 1 second paralyze duration
  • Overpowered
  • Underpowered
  • Good and Balanced idea!
  • Bad but Balanced idea ;-;

0 voters

Like the idea; problem is: The “doku no ken” or sword of poison doesn’t actually have a poison (dmg over time) effect. See if you can work with a more creative idea!

So this is essentially a quiver with nearly no slow but with lots of damage? I have to think about this…

This quiver does 700 dmg
The Elvish Quiver does 320 dmg
The QoT does 335 dmg

“This is clearly overpowered, it does nearly twice the damage of a normal quiver!!!”

Wait!!!

This quiver slows for 2 seconds
The Elvish Quiver paralyses for 3 seconds
The QoT Dazes for 4 seconds

“Wow, this quiver has nearly no effects, this balances the item out somewhat, but it still has a lot of DPS”

But Attendez(That’s french for wait, I’m so smart)

This Quiver does not pierce
The Elvish quiver Pierces
The QoT does not pierce
Every single tiered quiver pierces

“This quiver doesn’t pierce? Then it must be good only when you’re facing a singular boss with no minions coming out of his a-”

Alright Timmy, you can stop there

I should stop using so much bold text

This quiver does damage over time
Every other quiver does instant damage

“So the damage over time part can surpass invincibility, that makes this quiver less Underpowered, it just might work!”

Why couldn’t I just put all this in one part?

This quiver gives +4 ATT and -4 VIT
The Elvish quiver gives +5 DEX, +2 VIT AND +2 WIS
The QoT gives +5 ATT

“Stat-wise, this quiver isn’t that good, it’s not particularly bad either”

Sorry for adding so many things and making such a long comment, that’s it
So this was just to put the whole idea in perspective, I believe that this quiver is situational, doing damage only to enemies that don’t have clusters of monsters around them, although I feel that in order to accommodate and balance the high DPS and damage over time effect, you added too many debuffs

I’m not particularly happy with this idea, but I don’t hate it either, it has a good concept, just don’t take away too many of the Quivers traits.

I would rate this a good but unbalanced if I could, so i’ll just give it an Underpowered, but my true intention is just for you to fix the quiver up a bit.

The sprite looks like it’s covered in that goo in the mad lab, not bad, but not particularly good either

I was referring to the Theme of poison, not weather or not that doku has a dmg over time effect

Thanks for inputing your essay- i meant opinion.(jk) Jokes aside, the damage over time was originally to nerf it, but I can see that it should have less dps. How does 14 seconds sound? Im meh when it comes to sprites.

not bad! i can see that you put some effort into balancing it! I personally hate balancing, but i think you did a pretty decent job. the sprite is ok, its kinda weird? The blue is bugging me? but i think without it, it would look just as weird.

I vote

5.5/10

I’m “meh” when it comes to sprites. I made it for the idea and slapped together a sprite so it’s considered “complete”.

i get you, my sprites suck.

If you want some good spriters, you could go here

Thanks for the link. I’m gonna get a new sprite.

I made a sprite for ya!

I tried to give it a dark body for that ‘doom’ kind of feel, and the tips are green to signify the poison.

It may not be that good, but it was all I could whip up…

It would kinda hurt the concept of every Epic dungeon dropping an untiered weapon…
Perhaps merge with other ability ideas…? Like, making a non-melee ability drop from the DDocks and a non-bow ability from the WoodLab…???
I don’t know. It seems like a nice system.

Anyway, it’s a very unique and interesting idea! I can see this being used on O2 if there’s another Archer, or even guild Tombs.

The -4 vit fits, but isn’t quite major. A nice touch regardless.

+4 att is…eh. It could be nice having a more available Quiver that boosts attack for Archers.

Overall, very cool concept

nice one

People say that this is kind of OP and/or barely balanced, but I actually have the opposite opinion. It’s not necessarily underpowered, but poorly executed. Yes, this quiver does have an incredibly high amount of damage. However, it deals this damage over 14 seconds. Almost no targets will survive that long with a skilled group. That, along with the high MP cost, lack of piercing, and low debuff time, would make people never use this, aside from soloing things like Tomb and Shatters.

If I had to balance this, I’d lower the damage to 500, make it deal 100 damage/second, lower the MP cost to 90, and remove the Slowness, as it doesn’t thematically fit.

5/10. I can see potential with this, but it’s just unbalanced.

I figured removing the slow would scare people off. Would 500 be enough?

Looks good! I can put it up there with ur permission.

500 would definitely be enough. That’s more than 100 damage more than what QoT has.

As for Slowness, it just doesn’t thematically fit. Maybe Paralysis for 1 second could work, as it seems to fit thematically.

Sounds good! updated

Of course! I made it for this very post after all…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.