Really Depressing Rant (Long)

Thanks for sharing.

Solo I’m curious did you graduate early or is high school just like that where you’re from? I’m 19 and going into 2nd year college for reference.

Also, as you’re dependent on your parents right now, try not to damage the relationship further. You can start by stop referring to your dad as “The Hierophant”, I had no idea what that word meant and found it kinda weird that you’re referring to him like that. It’ll just antagonize him; you’re trying to find an exit so the best you can do right now is not make the situation worse until you find that exit.

From previous experience you act impulsively–such as Beach Zone incident and leaving the discord (for what I consider trivial reasons)–so something that I like to do is keep silent. If you’re dad calls you out on something, just stay silent and nod because anything you say may in turn fuel his spiel. Ironic, but turn the other cheek. Might be harder for you to dissociate yourself, but think “this is a man I do not care for, nor his opinions so to hell with whatever he says” and perhaps the words that come out of his mouth will be just that: words.

Lol I think I have a higher tolerance for carcinogens than most, I just don’t like NSFW when big brother is watching OWo

Canadians

I think a lot of people would leave that discord

Not exactly a meeting of the minds

Firstly, I want to apologize for the suck ass situation you’re in. Shit hurts and life is tough.

Secondly, I want to say that your dad is treating you wrong from my impression of your story. That is not how Christians act.

I’ve been in a similarly shitty situation. I actually lived in a teenage homeless shelter for about two weeks because I had nobody to turn to and wasn’t welcome in my parent’s house.

I’d love to talk about this off the forums if you’re able. PM me on discord and I can give you my personal cell number so we can text, or we can stick to discord.

I’m going to remember that until I die

I’m happy for you.

Yes, I graduated a year early.

I’ve been aware of that from the start, I’ve explained it before too.
As a kid most punishment was physical but I actually believed I was wrong, then I grew up and around 2-3 years ago I realized he was the one who’s wrong, but then a year later I realized it’s better to lay low than confront him about it. But in order to not explode, I’ll rant to my friend and online.
Hierophant is fairly tame, I could’ve called him worse. :unamused:
But for the most part, our mindset is the same. Trust me.

The Beach Zone incident was a result of keeping quiet instead of letting people know how I felt, and for the most part it’s unrelated. I’ve taken actions on ridding myself of impulsive decisions and so far it’s working. But it’s another long story of it’s own I don’t want to dig up.

Sometimes I’m forced to talk and he reacts poorly if my answer seems too dismissive. In a nutshell I just try to avoid him if I don’t need to get something done.

Hierophant might be a strange word, but wth is a carcinogen? lol

It does, but I’ve dealt with it for years. I’ll deal as long as it takes.
It’s also reassuring to know that not all Christians behave this way.
I used to live in a church for two years around my pre-teen years, it was pretty dark times. I can somewhat relate.

I’d be obliged, if I’m not working I’m almost always on discord. I’m in a better mood than from two days ago though, so it’d be nice to focus on that Instead of more doom and gloom

Anything (substance, etc…) that increases your risk of getting cancer significantly.

lmao

A real Christian supports others and cares for their well being.
Sounds like your dad doesn’t do that.
You’re a great person SoloSen.
Don’t give up.
Find the light.
I hope this helps.
:slight_smile:

just saw this topic, sorry i couldn’t reply earlier.

well idk what to say. “keep going” or “get help” doesn’t really help that much anymore when there are 40 replies before me saying pretty much that. all i can really say is that we’ll be here for you when you need support, and i hope that we can help when that time comes again.

Since your dad raises your stress levels by a factor of over 9000, I would classify him as a carcinogen.

My hair has been falling out a lot recently, luckily baseball caps exist.

I know it’s the end of summer now, but one job that could be good for you if you still need one next summer is working at a scout camp. A few things sound like they would fit with you.
Even though it doesnt pay much (maybe a couple hundred a week, so not too bad but more hours), it is an opportunity for you to spend time away from your father for at least a week at a time, or maybe just the whole summer. The housing is included for staff.
You also get food included if you are working there, could help you with your diet.
You would pretty much save most of the money that you earn, because food is taken care of and housing is taken care of.
So if you need a job next summer still, look into that.

Also, that sounds like a bad situation, I’m sorry dude. You are awesome for doing your best to deal with it, and shoutout to your friend. They are awesome too.

I feel you bro, but i can’t help mentioning i skipped over the word ’ Hierophant ’ every time and thought you were refering to your father as an elephant. I wish you the best of luck in the future.
Hmu on discord if you ever need (ProdSux#0744)

Good thing you talked with other people rather than keeping it bottled up inside you, because that leads to suicide

its true, eastern europe has the highest suicide rates of any region in the world because of this. us slavs are taught that sadness is for the weak so no one ever talks about it and nothing is ever done about it

You are correct comrade

Figured I’d drop a small update, my new goal is to get out by 1-2 years. I’m making it that short to motivate me to work faster.

But since it’s not one of those “official move outs” I’m going to end up leaving a lot behind, ergo I let go of a lot.

2 days ago, I recycled 6 years worth of artwork I did since the 6th grade. It made me sad to let it go but if I don’t now it would’ve been harder later. I only kept a few pieces summing to about 1%.

I got a job at Carl’s Jr and I love that job so far, but… I’ve also been having extremely bad rib pain recently, I had to call in this morning and let him know I couldn’t make it because the pain got worse. It was starting to get better yesterday but then the hierophant stressed me out multiple times. My boss didn’t seem particularly happy about the news, so I felt awful about it… I don’t want to lose this job.

Besides the bad news, I’ve been trying to enjoy my Autumn. Watching horror shows with friends, spending more time with Zephyr. It’s better to stay happy in the bad times, so when the good times come around you can recognize them.

Yay :slight_smile: it’s good to see you happy even in your circumstances :smile:

Well, I’m trying my best to. I still feel bad about calling in for the ribs…

Have you seen a doctor about it?
wait is the health service free where you live
Either way don’t overstrain yourself, you’ll get better soon :slight_smile:

I don’t think you understand how tough it is to report your own biological father. I have a corrupted father and he thinks he can resolve things by giving me money or giving me gifts, however I remember the horrible things he has done since I was a child. My father has stolen money from my mother who needs to pay others, to buy cigarettes, alcolhol, and to gamble. I would definitely report him and I say that however it is emotionally painful to let go of your biological parent. I can imagine my father behind bars and my mother crying but she’s crying out of sadness even though he has hurt us all, he’s sill my dad. My mother would complain how whatever we did, my father would find us and sill live with us, and if even tried reporting, it’s rude and disrespectful to report your father in my culture. It’s tough letting go your parent.