Realm Trades - Thoughts?

well if you could put up as many as you want you could exploit that as free vault spaces

if there is a issue with the coding then u might lose ur items that u wanted to trade

So if you spent a mass amount of hours programming this you would give everything for free?

I mean I would but iā€™m dumb like that.

Apparently they are going to explain how the site doesnā€™t violate the ToS

They already tried "explaining"
They claim that the subscription is a thing that benefits you only in the RealmTrades website and not the game itself.

Thatā€™s still bull, since the website is closely related to RotMG, uses RotMG accounts/bots for storage and only exists because RotMG exists.

It doesnā€™t matter if it benefits u in RotMG. Making money (which they are) off of DECA services is against the TOS. (from what Iā€™ve seen).

You mean apparently they are going to lie their ass off or be ignorant as all hell.

If they really think just because the payment is through the website and only gives you benefits on the website and not realm itself theyā€™re brain dead the service clearly gives you benefits through the website to the DECA service and the entire website requires the DECA service to leech off of.

Also bots, recycled bots at that AKA almost certainly tied to items selling rwt.

They are an illegal Commercial Business If anyone thinks otherwise I donā€™t know what the fuck to tell you.

One last note anyone using the free version are at zero risk of being banned if you pay for the service first of all why the hell are you paying for the service second of all you might get tied into bans have fun

After all that I still think itā€™s pretty cool service so I think the people running it donā€™t really know much more than coding.

Im just amazed they never thought about any of this before releasing or even starting work on the site

they probably did the more you admit that youā€™re breaking rules the higher chance youā€™re going to get screwed over.

Iā€™m guessing they started without thinking about the TOS, but did too much work to just scrap the prkect when they remembered the TOS

Make the trades expire? :thonk:

Yeah and when your trade expires put another one up lul

Iā€™ve been using the service and can vouche for it, it works like a charm. I do a lot of shatters / lost halls discords and I donā€™t always have the time to trade. Itā€™s a wonder for the bot to do it for me, +1 to realmtrades from me.

The thing no one is discussing yet is the ramifications of this.

Yes, this website is against the RotMG ToS, but taking the website down will not stop it.
Just like RWT websites, once one pops up others will follow.
Taking the websites down is only mitigation, and not a preventative measure.

So how do you stop these websites from appearing?
Making them obsolete by adding a item bazaar ingame.

But what justifies a trade as abuse? It could be someone looking to make a profit.

And what happens to those items if your banned from Realm Trades?

And if you canā€™t retrieve them, whatā€™s stopping them from saying an offer is ā€œabusing the systemā€ and stealing your items?

:thinking:

Nothing

well u cant do that for everything and there IS an item bazzar connected to the game called usw2 and Realmeye if u are talking about storage then why would any normal player buy vaults if they have deca holding their items
imagine with your idea the only way to deal with hacks is by adding the features in the game so they become ā€œobsoleteā€. deca does sell tops ingame and st items in myst boxes (higher price) but adding them in the game at the price of RWT would not help.

Stop comparing QoL content to actual hacking.

When people talk about item bazzars they are referring to automated trading systems like the steam marketplace and WoW auction house, which is what Realmtrades aims to be like.
And Realmeye is third party.

If DECA implements a proper automated trading market ingame to deal with third-party trading websites, they are not obligated to implement hacks to deal with hacks.

1. RWT is irrelevant to this discussion.
  2. Selling a product cheaper than your competition will draw customers away from the competition, this is basic economic theory.
  3. DECA could sell ingame items so cheap that it becomes unprofitable to run a RWT website at lower prices.

But again, this is irrelevant to the Realmtrades discussion, I will not discuss RWT further here.

This is true to a point. While it may draw in buyers, more people will complain itā€™s pay to win, which some rotmg players are very sensitive about. Back in the early days of the transition period, around August, DECA did in fact release something called the blade masters pack, which was pretty much just full top sets that was considered really cheap at the time. And of course, it was very negatively received and SLVRDLLR even mentioned it in one of his videos. And it was pulled out and hasnā€™t been a thing since.

Your point of adding an item bazaar, which has been pointed out before by several people, is a very valid point now that realm trades is a thing.