Realm Trades - Thoughts?

Found out about this new trading website through my YouTube sub feed:

Site uses bots as the middleman for trades, supposedly reducing waiting time and hassles.

Thoughts?

RealmTrades is up
New Trading area?
Realmtrades

Honestly, i would rather keep it like the old days like usw3 or usw2, and trade like that or use realmeye. I just don’t really trust giving my items to a bot just because they payed a few youtubers to shout them out

Hmmm… Maybe I’ll try it to see if I like it.

But I don’t really see what’s wrong with the regular methods.

I’m going to come back and chime in on this one. I hope this sparks some good discussion.

I would like to state that Mothership’s video does state that it is payed promotion. We can only speculate as to whether this is in game or not. In the case that the payment is not in-game, we can expect that they may be attempting to make a profit off this. In which case it then becomes TOS violation, as you are prohibited from making money off of the Deca Service.

2018-03-16-18:27:33

My second point I would like to raise is that this has the possibility to hide who you are trading with, depending on how the program is setup. The proxying behaviour may allow some dodgy trading to happen, involving duped items.

I would also like to just say good job to the team behind RealmTrade, from the couple of glimpses the software looks very well made. They have pulled off some things which I think are quite notable. They seem to have cicumvented possible Rate Limits, as well as the hassle of verifying accounts. They also seem to know their way around the bot code. However this highly polished site, with things like a support section, puts me a little on edge.

Yes yes yes

if done right, potentially one of the best things to happen to rotmg

i’m a bit iffy regarding that “Shop” tab caught in a few glimpses in videos, because this site is gonna be making maybe from at least their own subscriptions, and this is a gray area regarding whether DECA will allow this or not

if DECA should deem this bannable, then the whole bot system they have will make it a lot easier for DECA to wipe every bot, otherwise this is gonna be a really fast and ez way to trade now

Pretty much a way to trade faster. Kind of like Realmeye but just for trading.

Too sketchy for me. I rather keep it simple by just trading on realm eye and in the trade servers…

Seems cool, but I’d rather not

Seems like a better, Realmeye beacuse the other person does not have to be online to trade, but i doubt it would replace USW2

This would be bannable to play, as any kind of botting is not allowed, even if you don’t own the bot. That being said, I recommend not using it.

I checked out the website, it’s under maintenance for about 11 more days, sounds very interesting though
If only deca could do something to facilitate traiding without the need of interaction or third party websites

Yeah. Idk about going through a third party.

If it becomes overwhelmingly well-established, like Muledump, I’ll definitely start using it though.

What happens if I essentially use these bots as mules by “offering” 8 life for 8 DECA rings (or some other ridiculous deal)?

I think DECA should eventually give a statement on RealmTrades as it gets popular.

it maybe risky, cus may its againts TOS
and merchant will be increased

@krathan could we get a statement?

Do you have to use your Rotmg email and password to login to this website?
If thats the case Im just begging to get hacked, so Ill pass on this sketchy non trustworthy “new” trading site.

This is false. Bots are allowed under certain circumstances. All of the Realmeye bots are ToS-compliant.

Edit: The Realm Trades bots are also said to be ToS-compliant, however no official statement has been made by Deca on the topic as of yet.

I’m wary of this service and hope that others will take similar caution. I’ve wanted something like it for a long while — the limitations of the trading system have always required awkward workarounds, and this could be a promising step forward. But the promotion leaves too many questions unanswered.

The three videos about the site trumpet its efficiency and sleek design, insist on its trustworthiness and TOS-compliance, and conveniently gloss over who operates it and how they plan to make money.

The videos don’t address the shop, but presumably one of the items for sale will be optional extra “trading slots”. There’s no way to tell what else yet, but existence of a pre-release marketing campaign at all would suggest that the owners have high expectations.

It’s revealing that none of the YouTubers promoting it seem to know who created the site. It’s almost definitely run by someone(s) involved in existing RWT shops (the bot army is kind of a giveaway) who doesn’t want to draw attention to themselves. Yet they expect players to trust them with their items without knowing who they are trusting.

I’m not terribly worried about the possibility that the site owners will take the items and run. (Though they absolutely could, and blame a Deca banwave.) I’m more concerned about the potential of this site to legitimize RWT and give influence in the community to the people responsible for flooding the nexus with spam.

Again, I don’t want to dismiss this service outright, but I’d like to encourage people to remain healthily skeptical. I wonder how Deca might address this.

RealmTrades is up

If it is run by the RWT boys, why wouldn’t you trust them with your items? It’s not like they need them, they can just dupe them. They’re looking for money, items are literally worthless to them.