Reimagining the Wand

POWER here! While most of ROTMG’s original sprites have a simple and effective design, I’ve always felt that some sprites desperately need work. Take the wand, for example:

I get that wands are shorter than staves, but these proportions are definitely off: right now, wands look more like phallic objects than the relatively thin sticks they’re supposed to be. Others have noticed this issue as well, and there have been multiple redesigns on the pixel editor. However, the redesigns often end up looking more like high-end untiered staves than tiered wands, so I decided to take a stab at it and post it here. I’ve emphasized simple shading, especially for lower-tiered wands, and a consistent design and color scheme that mirrors the current designs.

Fire Wand

Force Wand

Power Wand

Missile Wand

Eldritch Wand

Hell’s Fire Wand

Wand of Dark Magic

Wand of Arcane Flame

Wand of Death

Wand of Deep Sorcery

Wand of Shadow

Wand of Ancient Warning

Wand of Recompense

Bonus: Sprite Wand

Hope you like them!

These are way cooler than the chode sprites in-game! I would actually equip one of these now. The Wand of Shadow seems off comparatively.

Though they sort of look like staves now, as a wand is a bit smaller than a stave.

Can you do these for the UT wands too?

holy cow! like those end ones… the ig ones look likes sticks…

absolutely amazing!

Very nice sprites! I like Warning and Recomp the most.

7/10.

Mmm, I don’t know. You said it yourself that people make wand designs to fancy, but I think even you may have gone a little too far.

Think about it, most tiered items are very simple in shape and vary mainly by colour. I don’t disagree that wands need a visual change, but it need to still look tiered-esc

But have a like, the sprites themselves are great

Out with the old and in with the new!

God, the work on that recomp! You sir are a spriter!

This looks like something neat I would see on a Pserver. I wouldn’t change the wands without changing the other weapons.

I don’t like the T10 wand.

[ I have no idea what it is! It seems like a stick with random spots of sapphire on it! No offense anyway. I would give this an 9/ 10, just change up the sprite for the Wand of Shadows.]

@LordDscale @MeteorMons

I’ve changed the T10 wand and made the sprite wand:

I love Love LOVE the sprite wand for some reason. I’d use it over a cwand if it looked like that in-game!

then i’d swap back to the cwand because aesthetics are for nerrrrrrddsss

Now THIS is a wand :wink:

Good on you POWER

Um, okay? I guess those are somewhat better than the regular wands, though a bit too complicated for something tiered. but I’ll give a :candy: for your effort. I like the t11 wand

I guess they’re pretty, but if any of those above T6 actually got into the game I would be extremely disappointed in DECA. the tiered items are supposed to be the simple ones, you just have too much “other stuff” going on in these.

The sad part is that most people would still not play Wand classes.

Really love the sprites, even if they just get reused for new UTs I’d be happy.

I’m really sorry, but all I see are dildos

Sprite wand lookin DANK!

Love these sprites a lot :+1:

We need this in the Best of the Best!

Grats on the sprites! I really like them. However, for the T8-12 wands, I feel like the design first strays from the single-bar stick wooded classic design of a wand, and by the T12 looks overdecorated and something from a Private server.

Otherwise, I like the wands, especially the Sprite wand :wink:

Really great sprites! 9/10

Note: Not to be stingy, but bulwark? Maybe cwand? or conduct.