RNG or "Effort system"?

It all happens. You farm so hard for that one white, and the blue star that doesn’t know what it is steals your white bag(anyone that knows how rng works knows the loot gets “stolen” from you). Maybe it’s happened once, maybe its happened 3 or 4 times.

I think there was an old post on this, but here’s how it goes.

Instead of traditional RNG, it’s measured on effort. This way you can predict when you’d get a white bag, but of course you can’t get “lucky”. After 100 abysses, you get a dblade, no matter what, from the boss, or you get a guaranteed pyra after x amount of Bes kills(idk what droprates are, as I’ve never gotten one). Just a thought, I know this isn’t going to be implemented EVER(i mean, everything in this game is rng based from in-dungeon/realm stuff to actual mystery boxes you buy. Just an idea, let me know what you think. [poll type=regular public=true]

• Yes, effort system
  • No, keep it the way it is
    [/poll]

Enduring Myths of Rotmg

i think its fine the way it is, while it can be frustrating, at times, getting that item (finally) can feel a lot more gratifying, also, this idea has been suggested many, many times.

no

I’m pretty sure the system doesnt work that way and I dont see a reason why it should.

So basically, there’s a loot pool. From my knowledge, there’s a chance at the boss dropping a white bag(lets just say a bracer). The people qualifying for that soulbound will receive a chance at that bracer, and some lucky person will get one.

If you called a manor and another person went in, and he/she got a puri, essentially you got your puri “stolen” from you, as if you soloed you would have gotten the puri.

TL;DR bosses have fixed drops once you enter that dungeon, and its only a matter of rng whether you get it or not. That’s what I learned, anyways.

source?

Not how it works at all!

There’s a loot pool.
It has differing tiers depending on how much soulbound you reached (for a lot of bosses anyway)
Lets say Shatters 3rd Test Chest might be something like
1% Hp - Mark - 100%
2% Hp - Life - 100% x2 / # of people hitting chest
3% Hp - Random top - 30%
5% Hp - Crown - 1%
If you successfully deal 5% of it’s health in damage, you qualify for a POSSIBLE crown drop along with everything under that.
Now, it’ll drop the mark for sure. It’ll roll for the life, which if you get, will be included and if not, won’t be. It’ll also roll for a top and then roll through tops to pick a random one. It’ll also roll for a crown, if you win the 1/100 chance, crown drops, otherwise, it doesn’t. It will then spawn a bag with the type depending on the highest grade item in it. (i.e. Pbag -> Cyan -> Pot Bag -> White) with all the loot you won that time in it. Make sense?

Thats some deep shit right there :roll_eyes:

RNG is what makes the game fun.

Nah. Then there would be no point in farming. You would know that the next one is a guaranteed white. You would know which hermit is the jugg. You would only hit the boss once, get the effort and leave (or let others kill for you). Not really any point in farming with this system.

Effort system is good and all, but as many have already said it takes a lot of the main points straight out of the game. Many people would simply stop playing characters because they don’t do enough damage here or there compared to others. That random chance of a white is gone meaning you know what will happen and when. New characters would have a hell of a time trying to get things, especially considering it’s already hard without a good pet. There’s way too many cons that would strip the game of it’s core.

this is how the karma system for loot boxes in trove works.

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

wow savage

As a noob level 13 Priest, I acquired my first Oreo at a rushed Pentaract.

Noobs deserve the chance to receive death wishes from raging mlgpros because the feeling of having haters is so good.

Dies with Oreo 5 minutes later

Anyways, white bags have a rare chance of dropping as of now. To allow classes as simple as Priest to just shoot and spacebar for a “higher” chance at whitebag is ridiculous.

There’s no “effort” put into farting out heals every 2 seconds in a sprite world. It’s just a spacebar, yet the noob looking for their first white bag has to watch you get it because you ran the dungeon “100 times” or put more “effort” into killing the boss.

Seewhatimsayingwhenimsayingwhatimsayin??

Yeah this has been pitched around here as a karma system. Also, this seems like a good topic for #game-discussion, so I’ll be moving it there. Feel free to move back if you feel otherwise!

So it’s either grind or grind? Hmmmmm.

i think ill take the grind instead of the grind thank you very much

[quote=“Warlordz, post:16, topic:16946”]
There’s no “effort” put into farting out heals every 2 seconds in a sprite world.
[/quote]Made me laugh real good, thank you for that