RNG or "Effort system"?

Thats my understanding of it anyway
(Sorry for scaring you off our discord server btw xD)

Thatā€™s not how it works. If it was, only one guy could get that white. But Iā€™ve seen countlessly many times myself and another guy getting the same white from the same boss.

thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard oh god my chromosomes are actually leaving my body

Now thatā€™s really

This cant be possible, since the even if it would work that way, the amount of loot would have to be dependant of the number of people in the dungeon (two people can get one puri each, but one person cant get two puris from ruthven at once)

Thats how fucking dumb his statement is

Thatā€™s not the way how loot system works.

There are two things: SB threshold and probability.

Once you reach the SB threshold on a monster (the SB threshold is different for each type of items i.e pots, white bag), itā€™s just a matter of chance, hence the proobability comes in.

Some loots are given to only a few people, the guaranted loot, like a vit potion in abyss. Some of the loot just relies on probability (old tops, tops, whitesā€¦), and some is the two at the same time, for example a life potion in tomb (1 per person + 25% chance if you didnā€™t get the one guaranteed, according to the 2013 XML).

If someone gets a white bag, he didnā€™t steal it to anyone, how could several people get a white bag on the same encounter then? This person just reached the threshold and got lucky with the probability.

Now, concerning your idea, itā€™s really generic and not that well thought. What could be really good is a formula that increases the chance at loot the more you do the bosses, for example, in your first UDL youā€™re at 1/100, but in your 500th UDL youā€™re at 75/100 of getting the doom bow.

No, they may have generated the puri. I think itā€™s more like this: loot is generated into the pool by the remains of RNG by each person who hit sb. Then that pool is split up, also by the means of rng

Iā€™m glad you feel that way, but I got pissed that after several months of t6 gear drops tops and white bags suddenly started raining for a week.

I donā€™t like the idea of a naked stat bluntly telling us we are x% towards the UT as this turns RotMG into a pure grind and robs us of the WIN feeling that a wb drop is. Maybe if the game tracked something in the background to gradually click up the RNG odds by 0.01 each time (up to a max of redbag level 1.5x) type thing, that would be okay, but donā€™t let us see the numbers counting down.

RotMG has previously featured a proxy ā€œeffort systemā€ because after 200 dungeons with no whitebag, you would have stacked up so much wealth in pots you could go and simply trade your wealth for the UT that you were trying to farm. This was unsb era, but broken thanks to duping.

ā€œLoot stealingā€ is one of the myths of Rotmg - itā€™s not a thing, there is no ā€œyourā€ white bag, the other player did sb damage and they earned their whitebag for themselves. You did sb damage and earned a shot, but RNG said ā€œnoā€ to you this time.

Also, the survey will be somewhat biased since players who truly hate RotMGā€™s RNG-loot system will have just quit for a game with guarantee loot/grind type mechanic.

maybe they could add this but keep rng and like after 500-1k boss kills the game will have pity on you had give the whitebag or maybe a pet stone or skin or smthin

lol its ok I got sp00ked

Before I get a white bag I can ushally feel it about to happen, I think I might be a jedi

Ah, thanks, thatā€™s more helpful.

69% said no ( Ķ”Ā° ĶœŹ– Ķ”Ā°)

please stop

So no more back-to-back white bags? No thanks

Iā€™m pretty certain your loot isnā€™t determined as soon as you enter the dungeon, but only after all the damage has been done to determine soulbound. Then itā€™s randomly selected.

No, dawg, I love seeing blue stars running around with juggs. Itā€™s what I like to spend my day slitting my wrists over.

kek