RNG or "Effort system"?

I’m glad you feel that way, but I got pissed that after several months of t6 gear drops tops and white bags suddenly started raining for a week.

I don’t like the idea of a naked stat bluntly telling us we are x% towards the UT as this turns RotMG into a pure grind and robs us of the WIN feeling that a wb drop is. Maybe if the game tracked something in the background to gradually click up the RNG odds by 0.01 each time (up to a max of redbag level 1.5x) type thing, that would be okay, but don’t let us see the numbers counting down.

RotMG has previously featured a proxy “effort system” because after 200 dungeons with no whitebag, you would have stacked up so much wealth in pots you could go and simply trade your wealth for the UT that you were trying to farm. This was unsb era, but broken thanks to duping.

“Loot stealing” is one of the myths of Rotmg - it’s not a thing, there is no “your” white bag, the other player did sb damage and they earned their whitebag for themselves. You did sb damage and earned a shot, but RNG said “no” to you this time.

Also, the survey will be somewhat biased since players who truly hate RotMG’s RNG-loot system will have just quit for a game with guarantee loot/grind type mechanic.

maybe they could add this but keep rng and like after 500-1k boss kills the game will have pity on you had give the whitebag or maybe a pet stone or skin or smthin

lol its ok I got sp00ked

Before I get a white bag I can ushally feel it about to happen, I think I might be a jedi

Ah, thanks, that’s more helpful.

69% said no ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

please stop

So no more back-to-back white bags? No thanks

I’m pretty certain your loot isn’t determined as soon as you enter the dungeon, but only after all the damage has been done to determine soulbound. Then it’s randomly selected.

No, dawg, I love seeing blue stars running around with juggs. It’s what I like to spend my day slitting my wrists over.

kek

I remember I saw a lvl 15 light blue blinking in a udl. When I went to see how much health he had and if he was gonna die, lo and behold he was wearing a jugg. I suicided my 5/8 warrior on the boss because I was so pissed no joke.

i would be sad too, but i wouldn’t suicide a char for that

…seems legit
totally didnt accidentally sit on him in shotgun phase
let’s be honest, we’ve all done that, i did it back when pixies were rare

He wasnt being sarcastic

No I literally yelled shit in the chat and I said I want to end myself now. (I needed the fame too so it wasn’t completely irrational.)

I voted yes but not for white bags, but for those freakin’ mystery boxes.

I think the system for white bags are fine.

That gratifying feeling comes after farming a shit ton for a white bag. Now farming a shit ton isn’t about rolling a dice several times and waiting for it to land on its side, but actually consistent. I can’t see how someone wouldn’t want that?

Of course, I wouldn’t make it guaranteed after a certain point, but I would definitely make the chances get successively higher the more you do without a white bag. I don’t think a 1.5x loot chance should be put behind a pay wall for those only willing to dish out ten dollars for them.

Why is this conversation still going? Every day I check forums and someone has posted something here. How many thing are there to say about the fact that after grinding for a long time RNG will reward you. An effort system basically turns into do x y amount of times and get z.