Saber of Duality

Saber of Duality

Forged with the souls of fallen heroes, but tempered in the blood of vilest demons, this arcane relic has the power to both decimate the hordes of evil and raze all that is right in the world.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Damage: 240–325
  • Rate of Fire: 66%
  • Range: 3.8
  • Effect: list, of, status, effects
  • Stat Bonus: +5 ATK, -5 DEX, +4 VIT, -4 DEF
  • Special properties: Inflicts Bleeding and/or Damaging (50% chance) every 25 shots
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 800

Drops From:

• Phoenix Reborn (maybe)
  • Skull Shrine (maybe)
  • Not sure (maybe new enemies?)
  • I’m gonna make a new dungeon, so…

More info

The Sword of Duality would be a white bag drop from either a Phoenix Reborn, Skull Shrine, or some other new entity (more likely). Its DEX reduction and lower RoF encourage aiming, but not enough to be a real hindrance like that of Indomptable and the Doom Bow, while the additional VIT makes it friendlier to players with bad pets. While on a Melee, the DEF reduction shouldn’t be too bad yet steers players away from equipping utility items with low DEF (like a Resu).
However, its main function is to inflict either Bleeding (which should count towards your DPS) for 5s or Damaging for 5. These “Status Shots” don’t shoot frequently, but are identical to regular ones, making players count carefully if they want to utilize this. The count resets upon Stun or unequip, so switching out can prevent this easily if you don’t want to risk buffing enemy damage.
The sword adds an element of ‘risk’ to the game and is situational (due to the 66% RoF, it is better against high damage enemies) but still generally viable as a main sword. A Paladin’s healing is recommended to provide safety in case you buff an enemy, but it should work just as well on a Knight or Warrior.

There is totally a deep story behind my inspiration for its name… Nah, I was just watching Fate and cleaning up some Yu-Gi-Oh! cards (namely Pot of Duality) and came up with it.

Thanks for reading this far!
JagerX

How do I import custom items in Pfiffel btw?

ehhh go to weapon creator or something then there it is

First of all, the sprite.
The colors of the sprite are too rough, it feels like I’m looking at a sprite from an Atari game.

Second,
Idk that’s all I had to say

Can you make a pfiffel graph plox?

This seems ridiculously overpowered. Imagine this sword on a solo warrior- constant berserk and damaging with ridiculous damage.

oof forgot about warrior lemme nerf RoF SoD becomes indomptable 2.0

Atari games are awesome

What do either of those have to do with duality? Also, maybe you could make have two shots. Maybe you should call it Saber of Unity because the projectiles look like two shots combined into one.

Giving bleeding to an enemy? Pretty useless. Giving damaging to an enemy? NO WAY
Also, I don’t think +5 atk is necessary, just increase its damage.

yea but it doesn’t fit RotMg

first suggestion: Thanks, sounds good!
second: The bleeding will also get you SB, kinda like an assassin poison. Damage is just to add risk.
third: +5 is more so it can be affected more by weak. That’s it I guess, but that might be a good idea.

P.S how do you quote multiple lines? XD

Wait which point are you talking about?

Stats are way too weak to ever be useful, something like 75% acclaim dps, not enough of a range increase to make it usable over a.s.s./csword, and -5 dex is a much worse downside than the +5 att is an upside on melees. The effect isn’t even valuable, you’d hit 25 shots in like 12ish seconds, and adding 150 damage (bleed for 5 seconds) doesn’t come near close enough to make it even remotely good. Also having it as a chance to buff enemies is just dumb, as it hurts other players. All this, combined with a bland sprite and bad shot makes this a garbage item, maybe the same power level as a golden sword, definitely not a white bag worthy item whatsoever.

highlight the part of the speech you want to quote.

Also, most enemies have a lot of health, but very little damage. The players have little health, but deal a lot of damage. That’s why bleeding wouldn’t help a lot. And damaging… imagine you are fighting the Void Entity. Suddenly his shots are way more powerful then they should be. Everyone would hate you. Those 500 damage shots would suddenly by 750, which may be enough to kill a player in one hit.

lmao true… I’ll think of some buffs

My version of sprites:

I’ve seen at least 20 ideas called '____ of Duality" and all of them drop from eithr Jade and Garnet statues or Twilight Archmage’s birds (idk the names)

Blizzard and Inferno I think.

My first sprite looks like a magnet sword, this time i tried something different.

When you make a re-worked sprite for someone try to make your sprite in some way similar to orginal sprite. Or just make only sprites to peoples who didnt create his own.