Samurai Skin - Daisho Master

Daisho%20Master%20Animated
Because two swords are always better than one!

This skin stems from a sprite I made for the June Art Contest. I made a few changes to it to make it distinct from the classic skin. He no longer wears a helmet, the red is a bit more orange, there’s a scar on one of his eyes, and most namely, it incorporates a second blade in the skin’s design. I notice that there isn’t a samurai skin (that I know of) as of yet that appears to hold two blades, which gives it at least one unique trait if only that.

Blood%20Ronin%20Legacy%20Version%20Animated
(original June Art Contest submission for reference)

Daisho%20Master%20Animated
(earlier version of the same skin with a samurai helmet on)

What do you guys think?

honestly the shape and color scheme feels way too similar to the default skin to make an impactful skin alternative

its not a bad skin but it doesnt stand out much either

Honestly, I don’t really like it because it has pretty much nothing new compared to the original samurai sprite. Atm it’s just a recolor with 2 katanas instead of 1.

You should probably add new elements to it, something that makes it stand out and look unique.

The two blades remind of the Stheno Assassin skin

Should I change the color of the red then? What color would you suggest?

Well, honestly the red has pretty much no contrast between the other shades and the yellow has no shading whatsoever. His helmet is almost the same as the og samurai skin.
(Comparision below)

Daisho has pretty much nothing different from the og samurai skin. The only different elements are the scar, McDonalds french fries box color and the extra blade.
You should try to make it have an original design, y’know? It might sound hard at first, but if you manage to make it look original, you’ll not only have made something yourself, but you’ll also have found a new formula or even an artstyle.

Okay. I can see what you mean. How should I approach it? A different helm or maybe even no helm?

Yeah, try to give his helm an original shape.

Cross between gladiator and classic skin

Alright. I’ve updated the skin. I’ll edit the first post to include it soon.

Now it looks way too bland and simple imo

Its a little to simmilar to the orginal, I however suggest that you should try using green.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.