SB Drop Idea

A wishful thinking, but I wish bosses would drop a guaranteed t7 armor or some sort of SB junk, just to confirm that yes, you’ve done a good job and reached that SB threshold, you just need a better roll on that luck

[Split this discussion into its own topic, it was originally in the Trivial Issues topic. -Nevov]

Trivial Issues Thread
Trivial Issues Thread

That’s an idea not a issue.

Also I would have to argue against such idea.

Yeah it makes players lazy, salty, especially easy to count sb threshold, etc. Wishful thinking off-topic, i guess? Feel free to remove

That wouldn’t work because, as fas as I know, each item has a soulbound threshold. Dropping a tier 7 armor would only ensure you that did enough damage to reach the tier 7 armor soulbound threshold, but it would say nothing about the thresholds of pots and white bags, which are probably the items you’re interested in knowing you reached soulbound for anyway.

Of course, if we knew that the tier 7 soulbound threshold is higher than any other threshold on a monster, then we could be sure that we reached soulbound damage for everything that monster can offer. But we don’t know that.

They should add SB hp pots into the mix.
I’d like it to only drop when you haven’t gotten anything else though, and in a separate kind of lowest tier sb bag. Otherwise it could clutter up bags or make you think you’ve gotten something when you really haven’t.
Maybe something even more useless than a SB hp pot, something like… Transformation potions?

Hello Marks!

Yup. Makes me wonder if it was intended…

@Krathan, did you plan on making marks not only quests items but also as a way to ensure that a soulbound threshold has been reached?

It kind of depresses me every time I don’t get a mark though :frowning:

Please do.

Should I record the entire thing?
Or just the part at the end when limon dies

Well, since you’re so commited to it, record the entire Limon fight. That way we can know for sure you did the minimal damage possible.

k I’ll do it when I get home then

@Werbenja

Ehhh how to get sb loot in tomb
Soulbound conspiracy

You should give it a try with only hitting him while invulnerable. I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten a mark that way already, but have no way to prove it.

Oh, that’s sad. @BaraBlazer, you might wanna take a look at this.

Also, @Nevov, @Shatter or @moderators, consider spliting my conversation with Candy in a new thread or transfering it to another thread, I don’t think it fits this thread right here, but it’s still stuff some people might wanna see.

:frowning: at least I still get something? To be fair, marks are supposed to be really easy to get in dungeons… Though it’s not exactly what I wanted. Oh well, the more you know about sb, i guess

Edit; considering that the SB system is actually divided into several tiers, I think this is for the best. Marks won’t be too valuable unless the quest is on anyways. thanks

It’s a side-effect that Marks could serve as a “hey, you’ve hit soulbound!” confirmation, which we were aware of and was another reason we went for it! It’s not at 100% yet, as damage thresholds are actually defined on a per-drop basis, but the goal is to slowly normalize thresholds down towards that, so at least on most bosses you’re not left wondering anymore “did I even qualify?” because you won’t get 0.

Soulbound conspiracy

@Craftable, take a look at this thread. The answer is most likely no, as the soulbound thresholds for marks seem to be stupidly low right now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.