Secluded Thicket Feedback Thread: Welcome (Back) to the Jungle!

if this is for a boss’ charge attack it might be intentional, but i haven’t seen the dungeon myself so i can’t say.

no its always when you hit him

Raising thoughts about it being a Court portal:

The new “Craig spawns every portal” means the dungeon can be targeted to be run by any group who doesn’t have keys, which is a good thing compared to it being Craig’s RNG whether you get the desired portal.

Heartening to hear it’s soloable petless, as similar to I’m currently seeing in Reef-via-Craig, hardly anyone randomly chooses to do it, so it often ends solo.

Speaking of Court, is there thought given yet to a degree of HP scale on Janus? Both to benefit the small group/soloer (Janus really can be a chore in a small fight) and at the opposite end to address the 4 second steamroll from a full castle group? Or at least HP scale on the chest (I don’t think it has any).

Edit:

Might be a better fit saving that for Epic Snake Pit if there is ever such a thing.

Well ent gods drop magic woods and djinns drop tcave, so no epic magic woods or tcave either.

I soloed one and its seems pretty easy on knight since you can facetank most attacks

… Or lucky Constructs, give it more of a team effort.

What would a 3rd Lucky God be?

I hate the confusion shots on 2nd when the floor lights up red. Pretty much forces you to nexus.
Might be hard to see them when your in a big group doing this dungeon.

So far ive noticed a lot of camera rotation is required to play this dungeon smoothly not in harms way. I don’t really like rotating in rotmg, so it will be something I have to get used too.

Which is exactly why they are making more court dungeons, I love the fact that they’ve added two more, now more people will do court

(Also if Craig opens all the dungeons at once, then that will actually make it even harder to get Shaitan Skull

So far I very much enjoyed testing this dungeon but I have a few gripes.

I don’t enjoy how you can just standstill in a many of the phases for each Boss and infact be safer than people dodging what seems like intended to be dodged shots.

I’d like to see Tezcacoat’'s web phase where you have to kill the minions to become more dangerous as it just seems like an un-needed break currently.

It’d be cool to see Tezcacoatl or his Minions to do AoE damage like Walking Horrors as it seems appropriate for the type of boss he is.

It would be an interesting mechanic to see El Dorado Cycle between Tribesmen attacks during the Final Phase rather than sticking to the last killed.

El Dorado’s Tribesmen seem a bit dragged out with how much HP they currently have.
(Depends on what classes you bring)

There were occasions where Xolotl did his survival twice and another time where he only did it once. The phase itself doesn’t seem tied to any damage so I’m a little confused on that part.
(Maybe I have a very small brain but I would’ve never figured out that mechanic)

I think the 3 bosses are in a good spot right now and I can’t wait to seem them on prod in the coming weeks.
post in progress as i do more

You’re supposed to use the lightning to kill him, do it once and it’s over, it can go on forever.

Why are you doing ANOTHER court of oryx dungeon? Court of oryx already had too many dungeons crammed in, and now there’s going to be another one? You could have reworked one of the lamer event bosses like cyclops god or something to be a little better, and then made it drop from there.

but no one’s gonna do them, because everyone wants oryx 2 for tops

I’m kind of worried about the trolling potential during the Xolotl fight. A troll may drag the lightning circle away from the god himself during the timeout part of the survival phase, leading to a lengthened fight. Unless there is a method to combat trolls, I’m kind of worried about big groups.
Idk, as I’ve done these solo.
If you ask me, the dungeon seems a little too favorable to knights. All the small minions in the basilisk fight can be stunned, and all the tribesmen can be stunned in most phases. The tribesman part will be a huge breeze with multiple knights stunning the heck out of them.

Also, what are the planned rewards? What are the UTs?

But whites are so much better

Edit: not to mention tops drop in almost every event dungeon and aren’t soulbound

But tops are more common

Thanks for all the feedback so far, guys!

That’s surprising for me to hear. I don’t use camera rotation much myself, and of the hundreds of testing runs I’ve done for this dungeon, I’ve very rarely used camera rotation. I’d be curious to hear what phases in particular do you feel encourage camera rotation specifically?

There’s actually a dialogue controller for the boss which ensures some linearity to what he says after each cooldown. After three cycles, the tag and order system forces him to give an especially obvious line to ensure that no group stays confused for too long. See the “T3” state.

<State id="Prep1">
	<Transition noneExist="Xolotl the Lightning God">Die</Transition>
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Eye">T1</Transition>
</State>
<State id="T1">
	<Order targetIds="Xolotl the Lightning God"><Behavior prob="1" bubbleTime="4" broadcast="true" text="Your feeble attacks cannot hurt a god!;Nothing you do can touch me!;I am invincible with the storm on my side!">Say</Behavior></Order>
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Storm">Prep2</Transition>
</State>
<State id="Prep2">
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Eye">T2</Transition>
</State>
<State id="T2">
	<Order targetIds="Xolotl the Lightning God"><Behavior prob="1" bubbleTime="4" broadcast="true" text="Laughable! Is that all the strength you can muster?;Only an attack far beyond your comprehension could harm me as I now am!">Say</Behavior></Order>
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Storm">Prep3</Transition>
</State>
<State id="Prep3">
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Eye">T3</Transition>
</State>
<State id="T3">
	<Order targetIds="Xolotl the Lightning God"><Behavior prob="1" bubbleTime="4" broadcast="true" text="Nothing short of a lightning strike could penetrate my defenses!">Say</Behavior></Order>
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Storm">Prep4</Transition>
</State>
<State id="Prep4">
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Eye">T4</Transition>
</State>
<State id="T4">
	<Order targetIds="Xolotl the Lightning God"><Behavior prob="1" bubbleTime="4" broadcast="true" text="Your feeble attacks cannot hurt a god!;Nothing you do can touch me!;I am invincible with the storm on my side!;Laughable! Is that all the strength you can muster?;Only an attack far beyond your comprehension could harm me as I now am!;Nothing short of a lightning strike could penetrate my defenses!">Say</Behavior></Order>
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Storm">Prep4</Transition>
</State>
<State id="Die">
	<Behavior time="0">Decay</Behavior>
</State>

When he’s exhausted, the lightning bolts spawn directly from him. This means that as long as you stand directly on top of him and then get out of the way, there shouldn’t be any opportunity for a troll to move the target away from him in time.

Each boss will have a UT, but loot isn’t finalized yet which is why there are no drops in this round of testing. It’s all commented out for now.

Lul when Deca gives us maxed divines and juggs…even a peabrain like me can solo :wink:

I’ll try it petless, so I can’t just face tank everything like an idiot. Then maybe I can give some constructive feedback xd.

howd u get maxed divine??

Those apple things they gave out were 10k feed, and they gave out unlimited of them.

I got an account on testing earlier when they tested lost halls so i got the fame thing twice xd

yea but bro i dont have enough fame to fuse or make pet yard divine…