Secret Map (Consumable Idea)

Secret Map

(Not sprite yet)

“This map will guide you through the dark”

Nexus Shop item (150-200 Gold)

Drops by: Nexus Shop item (only via purchase)

Well my consumable idea is this: Secret Map
It’s basically a consumable map that shows the whole dungeon map, (Trooms, Boss, Secret Bosses, etc) it can be just used once and it’s not obtainable from any dungeon, you need to purchase it in the nexus shop for like idk, 200 Gold, and it works only in dungeons, it will be very useful for abysses, halls, pits, etc.

(Sorry for my bad english)

i cant tell whether or not this will completely negate the purpose to ever take a rogue ever again

Maybe it will make rogue useless on Lost Halls, but in other dungeons like Parasite Chambers or Abyss it will be great for finding trooms without searching the whole dungeon, and rogue rush will be easier.

If this was a thing I’d pop it in the Void Puppet Master’s Encore.

I think this would ruin whole idea of Lost Halls . Even name tells you , its gonna be maze , you gonna be lost in it . Also lh would be just too easy because of it .

This is too pay-to-win, anyone with a decent amount of money can do any dungeon much easier.

no. This gives people with money a big advantage and negates the purpose of trooms.

This sort of ruins the point of many dungeons like LH, Theater, and Abyss which have very indirect paths and sometimes don’t even clarify where you need to go, HOWEVER if you could put limitations on what dungeons this can be used in, and also maybe made it cost like 500-1000 fame instead (however much seems reasonable) it might be okay

I feel like this should just be a straight up no.

Most dungeons already have a tell as to where the boss is and how you can find them (minus Puppet Theatre).

For example, the snake pit will always have 5 rooms between the start and the boss. If you can do a mental map on room sizes and what not, it’s pretty easy to sus out where the boss would be and the right route to take.

It’s the same with the sewers, but there’s 7 rooms (I believe) instead.

The lab will always have you entering the boss from a long hallway below so you only have to work your way to that and it’s usually a pretty linear dungeon as is.

Manor is effectively the same thing as the lab.

Cems/Boss Only Dungeons would be literally pointless.

Dungeons like the Puppet Theatre and Lost Halls have the bosses hidden so that you have to explore to find them. The map would defeat the purpose of these dungeons.

Sprite Worlds are so short that map would be useless.

Shatters are always the same layout so no use here.

It doesn’t matter if you have a map of Davy Jones because you still have to find your way to the keys anyway.

Crawling Depths has no twists and turns so there would be no use.

Candy Land you would be grinding out in all the rooms anyway so a map isn’t needed here.

Effectively, the only dungeons that I could think the map would even be worthwhile are Abysses, Undead Lairs, Tombs, Ocean Trenches, Woodland Labyrinths, and maybe Parasite Chambers.

As a side note, treasure rooms shouldn’t be on the maps at all. These rooms are really only for those who stumble across them on accident or those who are willing to take the risk to explore the rest of the dungeon for a reward. Having these on the map would ruin the point of getting an extra reward for taking a risk and ruin the gamble you made with time in the dungeon.

Not only that, some treasure rooms shouldn’t be so easy to find in my opinion (Parasite Chambers, I’m looking at you with your UTs and Mana).

Anyway, that’s just my feeling on it. As far as I’m concerned, it’d be a waste of money/fame more or less and defeat the purpose of dungeon exploration in a game that’s all about running dungeons.

Personally I find this useless since you can just spend the extra couple of minutes looking for those extra’s.
And 200 gold would be a rip off, $2 just to see some pixels you’re only gonna use for 10 seconds. I’d rather just spend 2 extra minutes taking a look around the dungeon lmao

Well, what if deca changes this item to a mystery box item? It could be more valuable and not that much affordable, also it will be pretty useful for Lost Halls runs or Parasite Chambers, BUT not every run will have a map popper since it will be kinda rare.

Again, with the Lost Halls, it would destroy the point of the dungeon. It’s literally the “Lost” Halls. You’re supposed to be Lost. You’re not supposed to know where you’re going. You’re not supposed to know where the bosses are or the pot rooms. Anything. As for Parasite, it has treasure rooms. Those should only be given to those willing to explore the unknown areas of the dungeon, to do more than just the boss. It, in my opinion, defeats the purpose of many dungeons/treasure rooms if a map is thrown in there.

If it’s in a mystery box and a hard cap of maybe 10 maps a day, I’d be more for it, but it defeats the purpose of running dungeons in Realm in my opinion. It’s basically the only unknown in this game and all that keeps it fresh as far as I’m concerned.

Not only that, it puts those who don’t use these maps, or can’t afford them, at quite a disadvantage when it comes to Trooms specifically. Most people already don’t call treasure rooms as is. With one person having a map, and another not, that makes it to where the person who doesn’t have one won’t get a chance at the treasure room at all if the other person doesn’t call.

It might not be “much”, but it does add a little bit of a pay to win aspect that hasn’t yet existed in this game. Minus amulets forever ago that have since been removed of course.

My thoughts exactly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.