Shatters 2.0 - New Items (Fan Project)

Shatters2%20New

So, as the title says, these are clearly for a Shatters 2.0 project. These will be new additions, while some are moved around. This will not include rebalances or items that are moved, as they will be placed in another thread.

Royal Plating

A sturdy armor made of enchanted stone, used by the guardians of the King himself. It remains unbreakable.

On Equip:
+24 Defense
+65 Maximum MP
+6 Wisdom
-6 Speed
-3 Attack
-3 Dexterity
Fame Bonus: 5%
Drops From: Royal Guardians

These will specifically drop from the two main Royal Guardians, as they will be repurposed into a miniboss fight.

This Armor is very helpful for those that need Mana while still maintaining high Defense. Due to its Defense matching Acropolis and giving Mana better than that of Fairy Plate, as well as Wisdom, this is pretty safe to use on any class. The only drawbacks would be its reduction of both Speed and both DPS stats. This, in turn, will add a little more focus towards ability-based builds rather than anything else.

Forbidden Mantle

A magical green robe with a yellow outlining. It channels black magic, allowing it to corrupt the mind of anyone that wears it.

On Equip:
+10 Defense
+40 Maximum HP
+4 Attack
+4 Dexterity
Drops From: The Forgotten King

This Robe is extremely offensive. It offers the highest DPS stats of any robe, as well as giving moderate Defense and even 40 Health. The only drawback to this, however, is the total absence of Mana or Wisdom. This will ultimately benefit those who do not necessarily need their abilities, or those who simply want to deal much higher damage.

Maculate Duality

A once nearly-perfect, harmonious bond between the elements, now forever tainted by the corrupted magic of the Forgotten King.

On Equip:
+90 Maximum HP
+90 Maximum MP
+4 Speed
+6 Vitality
+6 Wisdom
Drops From: The Twilight Archmage

The Twilight Gemstone will be repurposed and likely changed from its current state entirely, so don’t worry there. It’s not getting removed. The item itself is meant to be a “yin and yang” of fire and ice/Inferno and Blizzard.

This item is a blessing for any class that needs Wisdom, but is still usable on non-robe classes. Having the Health and Mana of Lost Halls 1.0’s Sourcestone, as well as the same Speed, it is already fairly usable, but the additional 6 Vitality and Wisdom can benefit classes that are lacking in those departments or could use the Wisdom as stated above.

Rebalances and changes to existing items, as well as the new event white, will come soon! Stay tuned, and thanks for reading!

Edit #1 - Royal Plating stats changed a bit. (With thanks to PIGGIESFAR.)
Edit #2 - More thin robe sprite, less Speed.
Edit #3 - Big edit.

• Armor stats completely changed.
  • Robe replaced with Forbidden Mantle that drops from the Forgotten King.
  • Ring appearance changed, and stats readjusted.

Meme Thread

All of these items follow the “high tradeoff” niche in which stats are traded for other stats. Looking at how much the stats would actually matter,

1. The armor (heavy one) feels pretty op. More def than a dominion with even more hp and mp, with the loss of a few atk and dex points as well as some speed. Maybe remove hp, mp, and atk dex to make it somewhat balanced.
  2. Rope seems to be a combination of Water Silk and Gsorc with a subtraction of max hp and mp. Pretty balanced imho, trading off over 100 mp (because you get mp from tiered robes) and a little hp for equal def and atk, but more speed and dex. It’s decent.
  3. This ring is definitely interesting. Some of the biggest hp and mp buffs in the game, along with 6 vit and 6 wis. Feels like the negative stats would definitely counterbalance the insane positive stats. A competitor of the sourcestone for sure, but this one feels balanced.

TL;DR: These items are all kind of cool, but they are just a bit of “more _____ and less _____” that a lot of items seem to be trying to do nowadays.

The armor was my biggest concern for this trio of items, simply because I wanted to go for something heavier and more durable without making it busted as well as adding that “magic touch” to it. I’ll probably go ahead and go with a touch more MP and no HP to see how that scales out.

As for that, there aren’t many items that really go for subtraction of stats in a way that actually works out. Candy-Coated is the only example where it does sort of work, and it’s such a loss that only Warrior can really use it efficiently. I’m totally open to suggestions on any of the items, though I don’t want to ruin the feel of the items as they are currently.

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

Too OP and kinda ugly.

Thanks for being specific, I’ll make sure to update the post to your liking, sire!

Armor

Very OP, the defense is too high for what it is, I’d suggest lowering the defense by 1 and removing the HP bonus.

If you think about it, weaving an extremely heavy armor would gove good defense but also have repercussions such as slow movement and attack speed.

I believe the stats should go something like this:

“Stat Bonuses: +27 Defense, -3 Speed, -3 Dexterity”

That was it’s good for survivability while staying somewhat relevant aa the negative bonuses aren’t too low.

Robe

Nothing really “adds up” -25 HP and MP are minor tradeoffs so it’s not that bad.

Other than that, I do like it and I think it’s balanced, though I don’t think it’d get used all that much because it doesn’t seem to focus on a single aspect.

Vitality and Wisdom are also considered useless by players that use pets, the only reason people would use this is for the Wisdom to add to te WISMOD.

I’d again suggest lowering the Vitality and Wisdom to 4 and then boost other stats to 4 too.

“Stat Bonuses +13 Defense, +4 Attack, +4 Dexterity, +4 Speed, +4 Vitality, +4 Wisdom, -25 HP, -25 MP”

Ring

Far too many tradeoffs, I think this many stats is going slightly overboard.

I’d just say lower the HP and MP bonuses to around 115 and then the Vitality and Wisdom to 5 and have a -4 Defense and -4 Attack penalty.

I also do suggest a resprite of the armor, it’s just not my cup-of-tea :coffee: :no_entry_sign:

Basically just a less exaggerated CC, which… isn’t the point. At all.

Seriously. Compare that to 30 Def, -10 Dex.

That makes it the strongest DPS robe, which isn’t my intention. I’m making it the way it is so it’s a balance throughout for the cost of some HP and MP, not so it becomes absolutely meta.

Defeats the purpose of “get hp and mp, sacrifice everything else”. That makes it literally just a worse Sourcestone. 5 HP and MP more, as well as Wis, for a fair amount less of 2 vital stats.

shtrs%20Royal%20Guardian%20L
Blame this guy, not me.

Yours is far better than CC, in which I mean it is OP, 28 Defense, 30 HP and 6 Vitality means that the tradeoffs should be higher.

The robe still needs rebalancing in my opinion, that too is OP.

The ring, no comment.

There’s just too much going on with these items and too many stats are being incorporated, I think you should try to reduce the amount of stat bonuses on it, whether they’re positivenor negative.

If I got my hands on any one of these I would definitely not be using them, there are too many penalties to using them.

CC is good because it gives you such a high bonus of defense, while slightly ruining your DPS and does this in only two stats.

I think you should reconfigure the items so they only have a maximum of 4-6 stats.

I mean HP & Defense can be grouped together (they don’t do the same thing, but they are in the same group).
As can Dexterity & Attack, the items don’t warrant two similar stats being deducted when they achieve similar goals.
Stick to one.

Armor is clearly straight update from CC imo.
Robe is overpowered . Seriously , wizard don’t need either mp or hp , souless give him hp . And you know , pets exist. Also trade of 25 hp and mp is really nothing.
Ring is weird.
Sprites are overshaded , but not bad.

First off, you’re insane.
Secondly, Wizard is ONE of the FIVE robe classes.

Im insane because? Also yea , there’s 5 robe classes , 3 with wis mods and need mana , and mystic that better stay with gsorc because she’s mana hungry . Wizard is prolly the only one you need to maximize your dps as large as you can because you are squishy (and cant do much about that , expect you want to have less damage but large hp , theres no tanky , high dps wizard) , do not have heal or long range of wand or escape with orb .So only wizard can really benefit from this robe because he is not mana hungry and have 75 dex along with 75 attack, without even that , this robe is still shit broken as hell. It does have same def and wis of gsorc , but also increases your vit and dps for cost of …… 25 mp and hp. Wear nile with this robe and everything is self-explentatory. And yes , you can play this robe on other characters especially with nile but this doesn’t change the fact this robe is overpowered.

this looks like it’d be better as a drop from blizzard and inferno

Well, the Archmage is the person that summons and controls them. That’s why I gave it to him and not the birbs.

gave the magic boi 2 items but the sword boi none feels bad

I adore the ring sprite. That is all I’d like to say c:
(Big fan of anything blue, I enjoy blue.)

I’ll be putting this in place of the current image when I do my next update.

Shatters2%20New

And yes, that is a spoiler.

Wait until the rebalance post. wink wonk

you should add the crown of valor to this

double crown

sweating

I now adore the robe sprite too :smiley: