Should I buy an etherite dagger?

It would probably not drop, as most people don’t have a cdirk, so there will still be a huge demand for etherites.

Why are you considering buying Etherite? To use?

In which case “Yes” buy it because if (hopefully when) it does get some minor nerf you’ll regret missing out on using one during its glory time.

thats a pretty good point, ill consider it

i guess lol

Deca has stated before that a UT item isn’t suppose to directly replace your tiered counterpart. Generally, a UT item is suppose to be situational, Being a benefit and a hindrance based on the situation (except jugg because for some reason your only downside is you are not as fast with jugg and shorter berserk time).

I do see your point with the ST item being better then the UT item that is far more rare. Honestly, I always viewed the CDIRK as being more of a vanity item (Of course it isn’t). It is more of a flex item for realmeye, looks really nice but isn’t an item you would jump to for a swapout all the time (if at all).

I would suggest buying an etherite regardless of any future nerf that comes to it. 3-5 life isn’t much. If you really need life, do exactly 16 sprite worlds (in which all drop dex and only dex, if you get a def that increases farming efficiency). 16 sprite worlds = 8 def = 1 life. Rinse Repeat Profit.

Hopefully this helped <3

Here’s a better idea, make all sts SB. Thus making white bag drops more sought after🙄 Can’t find a dblade? Get a pixie. Can’t find a conflict? Buy the st orb. Can’t find a dirk? Buy an ether. It’s honestly ridiculous that they all aren’t sb yet😡 (Ik the new sets are)

No.

Yes. Items at that power should not be bought with life, they should require you actually grinding for them.

Nope.

These two sentences make no sense.

Cdirk needs a slight buff to damage, but it already has a higher range than most daggers. Etherite doesn’t really need to be nerfed, as that would make it completely useless (not a good thing), Etherite has a low range, forcing you to have to get close to the enemy making it only good on rogue or trickster. Cdirk is still a better choice on assassin, as you need the extra range, and the wis is okay too.

Instead of nerfing etherite, Deca should buff Cdirk’s damage by a little bit, and they should add a wis modifier to assassin to make the 4 wis even more worth it.

Except they aren’t better. They are situationally better. If you had to pick between recomp and cwand for stone guardian fight, you would obviously pick the wand with armor piercing abilities.

The issue is that Cdirk is pretty much worse in every way to etherite. It should have some strong point but it just doesn’t.

yeah it isnt too much, also im not at rock bottom yet lol. i dont need to farm sprites for defs

i dont agree on making all sts sb. theyre like the only unique tradeable items. st orb and ethrite should probably get nerfs but pixie is different from dblade. pixie can be used for range and lower def units, dblade is mainly for enemys you can sit on

cdirk is rarer than ethrite because events dont happen that often? and then a white bag chance from that event is even rarer. thus making cdirk rarer. while cems are quite easy dungeons. especially in groups.
unlucky enough to get cdirk because it is outclassed by etherite, a tradeable and more common dagger.

lol wtf? the only dagger range it beats is etherite?? also barely beats ethrite daggers range. every tiered dagger has 5.6 range. spirit has 5.2. stinger has 5. has the same range as bone dagger. not sure about not nerfing etherite because holy shit, it does very close damage to a 6/8 knight with a acclaim (no extra att or dex) on a rogue that has less att than other dagger classes. even though you need to get really close, a rogue can do that ez. assassins shouldnt be up close to even 4.5 i think. theyre very squisy, arent as easy to get away than other dagger classes. and is a hit and run type class. i do agree on the last sentence though

Your general point is good, but the example is out of date now because the latest updates have lowered guards SB threshold to about 2dmg (slight exaggeration, but it’s now very low and easy to qualify), so it really doesn’t matter to swap - in a busy guards fight I’m now staying on Recomp to pierce through to guarantee hitting both guards for easy SB on each, Cwand vs guards is now only worthwhile for efficiency in smaller/slower fights.

Any idea why they lowered the SB threshold so much? I was unaware of this

They didn’t give a reason, it was in a Hotfix on 7th Sep, announced on: this post. Ass drop rate was fairly high for a few days, until they realised there was something else that they’d forgotten to adjust and it’s now supposedly back to the same drop rate as before (they announced that further down in the same thread), just remaining easier to qualify for a chance at it.

I guess just for overall “fairness” meaning we no longer need to deal a full 10% of the dmg or whatever amount it was for years, as that meant until now only the 10 most DPS-y players ever had an Ass chance previously (don’t know the exact numbers).

They are similar enough to where you shouldn’t ever need a ut tho

yeah, then why not just nerf them? if you sb ALL sts then what about the sts that are actualy unique? skuld cloak, souless robe, twighlight items, pixie set, geb set, phylactery staff, etc. also if you sb only 1 item from the rest of the set, you might as well do it to the rest because thats just inconsistent

No I literally mean sb every single st item. If something is unique (like a ut) they shouldn’t be tradable