Some items from my upcoming dungeons!

Since this is another popular idea, I guess I’ll spend some time writing my long reviews. Here we go!

I don’t really like that name. It sounds really dull and too straightforward, maybe Dagger of Dreams would be better. I’m no expert on sprites, but the fire beneath the blade looks awkward.

Oh, I really like that description. Really gets you thinking.

Unless this drops from a super-endgame boss, this is too high. Tune it down to 1000 at most.

Can’t wait to see what this guy will be, sounds really threatening.

Yeah, especially with that range.

As @Atrapper said, this is overpowered. The amplitude and frequency nerfs it a lot, but the range is just too much. Maybe half a tile of extra range is fine. Otherwise, it’s pretty cool.

So Negative-Bow. I like the sprite, really cool colors.

I know this is for the opposite effect, but this is too much. No one is going to read that crap.

So this is what I see of it

Pros:
High range
High projectile speed

Cons:
Shoots backwards
Low damage (Never out-damages any bow at any defense)
Negative feed power and fame bonus

The pros don’t make up for the cons, I think you should really increase the damage.

Body, Soul, Mind… Puffagod-wannabe :slight_smile: But that’s pretty cool, I’m not sure about those as the names of items

Definitely overpowered. Almost as much defense as the tiered heavy armors, with the slight health boost. With the super vitality boost? I don’t know if that’s really balanced. But judging from the name of the boss

[quote=“SturkyUsed, post:1, topic:12071”]
Balgoneth, The Warlord of Blood
[/quote]It might be some sort of endgame boss. And the feed power

seems to imply that too.

The Mind
[/quote]Okay Puffagod.

Our minds are gold mines, we barely even tap into the power lying within, let us unleash a taste of it, and you shall see how lacking your powers are.
[/quote]Ooh, I really like that.

Your rendering radius is entended by 15 tiles in each direction.
[/quote]I really like this idea. It’s unique and it’s perfectly fine. It also gives you a pretty nice advantage.

The Soul
[/quote]I love that sprite, Puffagod.

+14 Defense
+40 Mana
Current wisdom stat is doubled.
[/quote]So this is like a leather armor with mana boosts. Seems really similar to Harlequin, but I’m fine with it.

Good luck with Kraken’s Lair and the Crystal Caverns! I’m really excited to see how those will turn out. These items are mostly balanced and your great effort deserves some sweets :candy::candy:

Enemies frorm abyss and udl and tombs only load when you peek at them from the wall… and when they are loaded, they’re already trying to kill you, so I don’t know about loading them earlier…Same story with WC. Now, I have no idea about Ice Cave enemies, but OT don’t load until you peek, too, right?

[quote=“Cenamuch, post:21, topic:12071”]The fire beneath the blade.
[/quote]

Ehm, that’s not fire, the colors of the equipment are all meant to be based around the sun, rising, setting, and the in-between.

All the drop locations are endgame dungeons with endgame bosses, so the feed power and all that is fitting to the difficulty.

Refer to my avatar, that’s my first drawing of him, gonna improve it later, also a very hard fight, despite being the first boss.

Don’t think most people read item descriptions in general.

Ehm, you might wanna look at the graph again, it’s the covert with the light blue color.

I was thinking more The Binding of Isaac but whatever.

Well, it depends on whether you wanna fight him as the first boss, the second, the third, or the fourth, it’s your call.

Well, I was gonna swap the armors for the Mind and the Soul, so ya might have to reconsider it a bit.

What about the Forgotten Forest, the Realm of Darkness, the Magmatic Wastelands, The Hidden Laboratory / Kraken’s Lair V2, The Sky Sanctuary, Cathedral Ward, Void Rift, or the Heart of the Nexus?

I hope these are just concepts currently, not because I don’t want to see more from you, but because it gets really overwhelming.

The usual stuff.

Began with sorcerer, then realized how easy it was.

Started screwing around with a ninja, but that was even easier because of speedy.

Then I did paladin, which was probably my easiest, because I could regen half of the shotgun before the next one hit me.

So now I do it on almost any class. (but if everyone backs up, it’s a problem)

The Forgotten Forest and Realm of Darkness are being updated currently, the Sky Sanctuary has a little bit of work done on it, but the rest of them are basically all concept.

I don’t think there are enough passengers on the hype train to warrant this volume of grandiose sounding dungeons and melodramatic epithets. I don’t mind hubris if it can be supported with evidence of achievement - like with the Clock Tower.
Slinging ‘epic’ names around wantonly doesn’t seem (in my opinion) a tactful advertising strategy!
Rather solidly prove your abilities first c:

It better not be too much, Delirium was the cheapest, least creative and least interesting boss I’ve ever had the misfortune to cross. Best of luck making your version better, shouldn’t be hard! xD

‘…SOMETIMES.’

You insult my artistry! cough
I think the sprites need some work. They look very ‘tiered’ to my eye.

All in all, this seems fairly promising. I love The Mind; by far and away the most accomplished item here!
May fortune smile upon you.

Yeah the final phase was gonna be the unique part of the fight, I also found Delirium as a cheap and uncreative boss, there was no skill involved, it was get good items, hope he doesn’t hit you.

How does 5 at once sound? Cause that’s the second phase so far in concept.

Yeah I was most likely gonna change that anyway, don’t worry yourself

Hey it may take a while, but I promise, each and every dungeon I mention will be a thing, just may take a while, I don’t jump at the idea of getting help from others, but my spritework disagrees, so that’s one of the reasons it takes a while, plus Terraria is too much fun.

But it still looks odd.

Then it makes sense

I do

Yeah, does it outdamage any bow in any defense? No it doesn’t.

It was a joke

Whatever. Your choice.

wot in desolation

Ya really like sayin that don’t ya?

I meant it is never the most damage in any defense

Well, to be fair, it does have a pretty big true range

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.