Some items from my upcoming dungeons!

So, I decided to take inspiration from Xaklor, and show off some of the items from my upcoming dungeons, all of these items were already subject to change, so take the ideas with a grain of salt, but whatever, usual criticism thing I put here, blah blah blah, here’s the items.

Dagger of the Daydreamer

I’m constantly lost in thought, thinking about how life was before all of this, how peaceful it was…

Damage: 130-160
Projectile Speed: 14
Range: 6.6
Amplitude: 0.4
Frequency: 0.2

Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 1250

Drops from: ( The Sky Sanctuary ) Shando the Conqueror

At first glance this thing looks nuts, 1 extra tile of range along with higher average damage than Foul?
But note the Amplitude and Frequency, the combination of those two makes your shots, well, less than accurate, to say the least.

On average, this dagger basically matches the spirit dagger, however at 70 defense, it starts declining, and foul also slowly starts gaining on it as well, but the extra range gives this thing a huge edge on both of them.

I’d say that this dagger would see the most use on assassins, as they have no need to get up close and personal with the big bads, but a trickster with a prism that doesn’t teleport them could also see some use in this dagger, but I’ve never had one of those, so I can’t really say.

The Nega-Bow

?htiw nigeb ot yeht erew ro ,eromyna sevlesmseht tnera yeht ,riaper dnoyeb detnemrot dna detsiwt snoitome dna dnim rieht steg wob siht dleiw ot hguone etanutrofnu rehcra yna ,dlrow namuh eht yb thguartsid wob A

Damage: 115-200
Shots: 1 ( Shoots Backwards )
Projectile Speed: 20
Range: 12
Shots hit multiple targets

Fame Bonus: -6%
Feed Power: -1000 ( Don’t ask )

Drops from: ( Void Rift ) Coznirrax, The Scourge of the Universe

Oh you’ve seen this before, the whole " It shoots backwards " thing, between the Lost Halls, the Clock Tower, and anything inbetween that I missed, it’s a little of a cliché among ideas at this point.

But regardless of that, this thing is sporting the record for the fastest shot speed and the highest range on any weapon, a whopping 20 tiles per second with 12 tiles of range, and since both of the bow classes abilities are long range, grats, you basically have a quiver as your main weapon, but don’t go ahead thinkin you’re all that, both bow classes abilities can require aiming, Quivers always do, but with traps, this thing may just be a godsend, since you’re aiming backwards, you can still place traps in useful spots, unless you’re using the vile trap, as you’d likely want to be tossing it right onto the foe.

This bow is straight in the middle of the dps of all the other bows, and it shoots a single shot, making it’s damage much more focused, like the Doom Bow, or the Leaf Bow, but unlike the Doom Bow, you can afford to miss shots since this thing has a normal fire rate, and unlike the Leaf Bow, this thing pierces, and has nearly DOUBLE the range, holy batcow, this thing is all sorts of good!

But remember, this thing shoots backwards, so it basically has it’s own learning curve, since its movement is also reversed, you move your mouse up, this thing aims down, you can figure out the rest.

The Body

We rely on tools to do our jobs for us, our companions to heal our wounds, yet our bodies have powers yet untapped…

+20 Defense
+20 Health
Current vitality stat is doubled.

Fame Bonus: 7%
Feed Power: 2000

Drops From: ( Heart of the Nexus ) Balgoneth, The Warlord of Blood

This thing is nearly the same as the Fairy Plate, 20 def, and 20 less hp, but trades out the 40 mana for your vitality stat being DOUBLED, the effect doesn’t stack with healing, as that doesn’t directly effect your vitality stat, but this does stack with gear that effects your vitality stat.

Put this on a maxed knight / warrior for 19 HP per second
Put this on a maxed knight / warrior with a T6 ability and a candy ring for a whopping 24.28 HP per second.
Put this on a maxed knight / warrior with a T6 ability, a candy ring, and 4 lime jungle bays for an insane 26.2 HP per second

Keep in mind that this can only be used on Warriors, Knights, and Paladins, but the Warrior and Knight have 75 max vit, and the Paladin has the seal to boost his own regen, blowing the sorcerer’s record for the fastest regen at 12.76 / 32.76 HP per second out of the water.

But obviously this armor isn’t meant to tank shot after shot, take almost no damage, and not give a damn.
This armor is meant to tank shot after shot, heal it up stupidly fast, and not give a damn.

The Mind

Our minds are gold mines, we barely even tap into the power lying within, let us unleash a taste of it, and you shall see how lacking your powers are.

+10 Defense
+3 Vitality
+3 Wisdom
Your rendering radius is entended by 15 tiles in each direction.

Drops From: ( Heart of the Nexus ) Lingestu, The Warlord of the Labyrinth

This robe sacrifices 3 def and 3 wis ( Compared to the T13 robe ) and gives +3 vitality, for extending your rendering radius by 15 tiles, now what does this mean you ask? Well, think of when you’re going into a realm, there’s that circle on your map when you load in, those are the tiles that rendered in, now, you render 15 tiles more on each side, but that’s not all, you can also see enemies 15 more tiles away, alerting you of anything coming your way sooner than it even knows that you’re there!

That’s the difference between having the mind on, and not having it on.
( The inner black circle is all you would see normally.

Say you’re rushing a dungeon, now unless it’s the puppet master’s theatre, it’s much easier to tell where you’re going, in a ddocks? now you can easily see where the boss room is!
In a tomb / OT? Now you can see the paths! ( And where the bosses are too! )
In a Shatters? Now you can see where the enemies are and if they’re coming!

This robe can also be used to easily sniff out treasure rooms, you likely won’t even have to enter the room to see if one of the rooms ahead is a treasure room!

This robe obviously isn’t meant for practical combat use, other robes would be a much better choice, but it’s best to keep them as a swapout.

The Soul

Our very essence, what defines our being, you don’t know what powers souls have, let us give you a taste…

+14 Defense
+40 Mana
Current wisdom stat is doubled.

Drops From: ( Heart of the Nexus ) Seranuro, The Warlord of the Sea

This item is the same as the body, except for wisdom instead, obviously the defense is a little lower since it’s a leather armor, but your mana regen can reach new heights with this bad boy.

The wis stat cap for leather classes jumps around quite a bit, it’s either 50, 60, or 70, but i’ll go with 50 for the examples.

50 wis on it’s own equals out to 6.5 Mana per second.
50 wis + a T6 ability and Geb’s Ring of Wisdom equals out to 7.94 Mana per second.
70 wis + a T6 ability and Geb’s Ring of Wisdom equals out to 10.34 Mana per second.

Obviously this armor is only meant for classes who favor their abilities, so it is slightly opinion based on who could use this armor well, but the Assassin is an immediate choice for the top contender. combine that with a strong pet, a UBMP, and you would be shooting out poisons like a carpet bomb.

That’s kinda all I have for now, the items from the Crystal Caverns are done, but i’ll wait on those for when it’s done!
Also i’m going on vacation soon, so y’all might have to wait a bit longer for the Kraken’s Lair / The Crystal Caverns!

Isaac… :wink:

Inbound Godhead ring “The Omniscient Eye”

@Merrym Yes, you knew this would come.

Only an eye could possess the powers of the body, mind, and spirit. Let’s just hope Cthulhu isn’t in control of this eye…

+3 ATT
+3 DEF
+33 HP
+33 MP
All special effects of armors doubled
All effects of abilities last 1s longer

Fame bonus: -33%

Let’s not get too crazy now. :grin:

Although the final boss of Heart of the Nexus is similar to Delirium…

This will cause a crap ton of eye cancer. The backwards shooting is enough to cause confusion.

Ok, I won’t ask. I’ll tell you to just make it normal.

Chest piece is pretty cool. Would be great for maxed knights even though the health bonus is obsolete.
I’ve always wanted 900 vit on a knight (cuz pet).

I don’t know this kind of ruins the purpose of the original size of the map in the first place. It’s not even QOL, it’s just QOLP (quality of lazy people).

Neat, this would actually really help players with bad or no mheal pets. Permacloaking (a little better) might be possible now?

A bow distraught by the human world, any archer unfortunate enough to wield this bow gets their ming and emotions twisted and tormented beyond repair, they arent thesmselves anymore, or were they to begin with?

I actually quite like most of these items, if not for a few overpowered or underpowered ones.

Firstly, the Dagger of the Daydreamer. I really like the concept of a dagger with slightly higher DPS in exchange for Amplitude and Frequency, but its higher Range will make it too overpowered. Either lower the Range or average DPS.

Next, the Nega Bow. Personally, I really like it, save for the negative stats.

The Body: I like this one, as it’s powerful, but not overpowered.

The Heart and The Soul: I feel like these would be better if their slot types were switched (The Soul as a Robe, The Heart as a Leather Armor) as they’d play to the class’s strengths more.

Overall, I like the items and I’m excited for your dungeon(s)!
7/10.

Well, i’m not going to change any of these items on this thread, as i’m going to consider and put in some of these changes in the actual documents for the dungeons, so there’s no reason to do it a second time where it doesn’t matter much.

That’s something that I noted, and I’d rather keep the range boost, as there isn’t actually a useful dagger that offers more range, infact i’m not even sure if there ARE daggers that offer more range.

Between the Backwards sprite, the reversed colors, the backwards text, the backwards shooting,
the negative fame bonus and feed power, and it being called the NEGA bow, do you think it’s meant to have a theme?

Yeah, that’s something that I also noted, but as I mentioned above, I decided not to change it in this thread, but how do you feel about the effects of the Soul and the Mind?

For the bow:
A bow distraught by the human world, any archer unfortunate to wield this bow gets their mind and emotions twisted and tormented beyond repair, they arent themselves anymore, or were they to begin with?

Xaklor beat you to that mate.

Yep, I’d be a fan of a higher-ranged dagger.

I mean, I get that it fits the theme, but the negative Feed Power and Fame Bonus would be weird, and specifically the Fame Bonus would be a huge turnoff to players, especially considering this is a high-risk item.

The effects themselves are great. I love how they’re not standard armors that grant stat bonuses; they have unique effects.

Yeah, the Cleg is the only dagger that has more range, and only +.4 at that, so we definitely need a high range dagger.

Well, there’s no way that fame is a priority to a lot of players, it doesn’t directly effect your gameplay, plus the -6% would almost definitely get counteracted by the rest of your gear, I can understand the problem, but I don’t see it as a huge deal.

Don’t we all love Puffagod?

Well, here we go. Review time!

##Dagger of Day Dreamer

Sprite Review

I like it. The color choice is nice, and the hues are pleasant. I’m just quite disturbed by the spikes, as I find that thrusting daggers will have a difficulty in taking it out, but that’s a minor nitpick, and you’re throwing them anyways.

8/10

Idea Review

A Spirit Dagger which is longer in range, but less accurate. When plugged into Pfiffel, the two projectiles barely miss one tile when at the edge, but it’s still quite powerful. Even the Spirit Dagger’s range was decreased when compared to foul, so I wouldn’t put the projectile gap enough to justify the range, but if so, then the dagger becomes similar to S. Dagger… I suppose the balancing needs some work.

6.5/10

##The Nega-Bow
Sprite Review

The colors are nice, and the hues areas much as needed. Very similar to bow of covert havens, but the projectile is quite beautiful. Basic shape of the bow is standard.

7/10 and 8.8/10

Idea Review
Shooting backwards is not that hard. This item may be powerful, but I don’t think it warrants another buff in range. Balancing needs work. I would decrease the range to… 7 or 8. Definitely want to look at other’s ideas too.

7/10

##The Body
Sprite Review

Standard basic shape. I find it lacking in hues, when compared to the standard tiered armors. However, it’s not bad.

7/10

Idea Review

Sacrifice a little defense for regenerative abilities. Basically, up to +75 vit on a character? Well, balanced around pets, I actually don’t mind. Simple, but effective. I would use it.

9/10

##The Mind
Sprite Review

Standard basic shape, but I love how the hues change from dirty sand to pale yellow from bottom to top. I believe this is my favourite.

9.2/10

Idea Review

Hmm… this is definitely not my cup of tea, but I might be biased. Stats are quite low, but I wonder if having enemies spawn further would mean that the projectiles they throw at your allies would appear earlier. Especially because enemy bullets last way longer than ours. Offensively, I suppose it’s nice knowing where your enemies are, but I can’t reach them anyways… I can’t really think why I would use this. I’m not sure I fully understand the advantages, as I believe enemies are designed to be activated within your vision.
Also, isn’t vision blocked off by walls in Abyss or Ddocks? Unless you’re seeing the area, I don’t think it renders.
-/10
I’ll read a bit further before rating it proper.

##The Soul
Sprite Review

Standard basic shape. My gripe is only that I find the color variation… plain. Not bad, though.

7.5/10

Idea Review

Sacrifice defense and offense for ability. I like this Idea. Simple, but effective.

9/10

Good luck with the balancing! :wine_glass:

I think you missed something, what I was saying was that you can see them on the minimap 15 tiles sooner than usual, alerting you to their presence far sooner than you would notice them normally, normally they’d probably already be after you when they load in on the map, but now you can see where enemies are without even getting close to them, and in high end dungeons, you can plan around it, how many enemies are there? What’s the formation? What’s the best way we should tackle them? ( Probably only gonna be useful in the super endgame stuff this way. )

And I did note the lack of usability in the puppet master’s theatre, but I also thought about it’s lack of usability in the abyss as well, just didn’t mention it, but I’m mostly certain that in ddocks you can see mostly clearly, as there’s usually a break in the wall.

So what your saying is I can turn a warrior into a paladin

sweeeeeeeeeeeet

And if you had a paladin on your side, the health regeneration would be absurd, almost 40 health per second without any boosts whatsoever, maybe you can tank Oryx’s dance phase now?

I suppose you can play scout on a clean dungeon. I was talking about how most of the time, dungeons are going to be dirty and this might actually invite more projectiles. Also, can you mention me which enemies tend to already be on your toes when they have loaded? I just can’t think of any right now…

It’s a swap-out alright… once things get dirty, I think people would want to switch back to reduce spawn range, just like how some people like darkness.

Who needs to tank when you can dodge? I’ve been practicing on Daichi every since it came out, so I mainly just scream
"CAN’T TOUCH THIS starts singing CAN’T TOUCH THIS"
during dance phase and laugh maniacally as oryx futilely tries and hits me with his puny shots.

off-topic, but which class were you practicing it?

All the normal enemies from the abyss and the UDL, anything and everything from the Epic Dungeons, the morons from the Wine Cellar, the Big Yetis and Bats from the Ice Cave, most guys from the Ocean Trench, and a few from the Tomb.

Welp, you’re gonna like S.O.U.L then. ( Evil Chuckle )