Some items should be buffed, to improve the game

Some items should be buffed.

Simply because Kabam didn’t do a very good job on them, ranging from just “sort of bad” on some to “pretty terrible” on others.

The risk/reward ratio is seriously tilted (in a bad way). Along with risk, rarity should also be considered. So we can say the risk/reward/rarity ratio needs to be balanced more.

I think the most obvious items are the 4 LOD whites (excluding Ivory Wyvern). I don’t think this needs any explaining at all. These fit into the “pretty terrible” category. Enough said here, lots of people have suggested the same thing.

Leaf Bow and Cutlass are on the fence, I think a buff would serve them quite well. Let’s not forget that they are a low drop rate %, and they come from a dungeon that’s only there once per realm, and the dungeons are very risky. Cutlass is okaaaay, it’s DPS is similar to a sky, with slightly less range. It’s one saving grace is that with an Ogmur it beats acclaim (cause we all have a hearty stash of Ogmurs in our vault), but in that case a pixie blows it out of the water, even if you can’t land all the shots. It’s just underwhelming for something that’s pretty rare. And most of us have probably lost some good characters in that dungeon. Same story pretty much goes for leaf bow. It’s not like it’s useless (like the LOD whites) but if you have Dbow/Cbow, which most people who are going to get a leaf bow probably have, then it is pretty awful in comparison. My archer (and huntress) have all 3, and I basically never, ever, ever use the leaf bow. And yet I’ve had probably about 20 dbows, 16 cbows, and only TWO leaf bows. You would THINK the leaf bow would be the best… you would think. I don’t mean to carry on on this one specifically, but compare both how common a UDL is, AND how difficult it is, to a woodland labyrinth. Then why is Dbow so much freakin better!!! Oh yeah. Cause… Kabam.

Now, I really wanted to mention Cdirk. This item is crazy rare. Maybe we can call it the rarest item in the game? It’s up there for sure. If not, (beat by ogmur? maybe qot?) it’s very close. I saw one youtube video where it took 500 Cube Gods to get one. I saw another (I’m sure this was bad luck and an outlier) that took 2000 cube gods. TWO THOUSAND! Yet there’s an ST dagger that you can get for 5-6 life that’s all around superior to it. There is nothing better about a Cdirk than an Etherite other than a measly 0.5 more range, for noticeably worse damage and rate of fire. If you’re choosing to use your cdirk/etherite over a foul, trust me, you aren’t concerned about the 0.5 range. I like having some super rare items in the game, which the event whites are. However, they need to have the stats to back up that rarity. Jugg sure does. I think Ogmur does. Cdirk… nooooope.

Finally, I think a buff for the Staff of Esben is warranted. It has less range than a tiered staff. It has a slower rate of fire. The slow projectile speed and wonky shot pattern make aiming this thing difficult. The unique ability of this item, the ability to pierce enemies, doesn’t really save it, as even when you are able to line the shots up to hit multiple targets, the DPS is still bad. Okay, just look at it, you’ll see… its not a good item. The incredibly situational EP has more uses than this staff does. And lets look at EP’s rarity. (Oh yeah, like, the most common UT in the game from the easiest and most common godland dungeon.) For the Esben Staff being a rare white coming from a dungeon that drops about 50% of the time, from an event that spawns once per realm, it makes total sense that it’s bad, cause, logic. (sarcasm). At first glance it’s like “meh, it’s a situational item” but when you look deeper, you see how much it sucks, considering the circumstances surrounding the item. I don’t know. This one probably needs a buff the least, compared to the other things I’ve mentioned, but it should be considered.

One last mention goes to Ray Katana. I don’t think this needs an explanation, it should be a bit better. Rock Dragons can be pretty dangerous. Doku is waaay better than it (and all other katanas).

So, just something I hope Deca considers. Kabam clearly messed up on a few things. Everyone wants and is suggesting ideas for new content. (Which is awesome, yay!) But if you want to make the game better, which I think Deca does, then I think they should give serious conideration to this first. I’m no coder, but I’m sure it’s a heck of a lot easier to change some item stats, than to make a whole new dungeon and everything that goes along with it.

Cutlass on Paladin
Proposition to Buff LOD Whites (the armors)

I think you’re looking at this the wrong way. No UT should be overpowered because it is rare, realm isn’t a game built to be set up in that way. Dirk of cronus is perfectly fine, etherite dagger is the kicker here. Kabam added it as a cheap, lame money grab

In regards to the leaf bow and cutlass, you’d be correct. Those are embarrassingly bad. But on the other end of the spectrum, doku is also embarrassingly bad, in a different way. It’s objectively better than the top tier katana. It’s bad because whoever balanced it had no idea what the fuck they were doing.

According to @Doc, it is surprisingly difficult to create a unique UT. Wildshadow had to program a lot to create unique items like the staff of extreme prejudice, and that one wand that drops from the snake pit that I forgot the name of. These bullets have unique patterns that had to be programmed in, and it took a bit of effort. This is part of the reason why new UTs are so lame.

Yeah, you’re correct on the Cdirk/Etherite.

Cdirk was great for what it was, UNTIL they added Etherite.

Jugg is the best helm, no doubt about it.

Ogmur is the best shield. I know it’s “situational” but I still use mine more than Colossus.

Cdirk is not the best dagger. This is the Etherite’s fault, but it’s still the reality.

However it happens, Cdirk should be made into the best dagger again.

Hey, even if it means just straight up swapping the damage and ROF of the two.

I’d argue that jugg isn’t the best helm, as there are times when either the armored status is useless, or the longer buff of ggen/ghelm would be more useful than the jugg.

I also disagree that rarity = power should be a thing, instead give each new UT uniqueness and advantages on certain situations, rather then all situations, something like the Prism from the puppet dungeon (forgot it’s name) which can be used to send decoys to different paths, distracting 2 different enemies, although very situational, it’s useful when the situation rises

If you’re gonna buff those items might as well also buff the necro skull to make it so it doesn’t take into account the enemy’s defense like how the assassin’s poison works giving set amount of damage to the enemy and maybe a potential buff on the damage as well so maybe necro can actually get loot as so far its only useful in farming glands.

You should also mention tiered bows, they should have less spread and covert might as well be a 4 shot bow.

I think we need another staff UT that has an slight twist. Only UT staves I see with an purpose are the Staff of Esben and the classic chest-bomber, Extreme Prejudice.

mmm. If I had to choose between either only using a Jugg, or only using a Ggen, I’d definitely go for Jugg. Of course it’s a UT and it’s situational, but it turns you into a tank. It’s a very very good item.

Staff of Esben is NOT useless. Perhaps a dps buff couldn’t hurt, but it has that strange shot pattern for a reason. You can shoot around walls, perfect for shatters. If you mess with that, then you’re defeating the point of it.

Yeah. However you can do the same thing and get more damage with a Sentient Staff.

I do not agree that Ray Katana needs a buff, it has low dps because it has such a high range, meaning that you can attack things from a distance, which for some is very useful, especially if they are new to ninja, whereas Doku is a middle ground(at least Range wise) between Ray and T12

@Poopythell Ray katana needs a buff, t7 bow has more range and does more damage.

Anyone who’s anyone will not use a Ray Katana if they have a Doku.

Comparing Doku to Ray:

You get 17.69% more range with Ray, but at 0 def, Ray does 1100 and Doku does 2500. At 30 def, Ray does 876 and Doku does 2218. And at 50 def, Ray does 725 and Doku does 2029. (DPS, doesn’t include equipment)

Doing anywhere between half and a third damage is not worth having 17.69%. If the situation is so dangerous that that little tiny bit of range helps, you’d be further ahead to just stay back and shoot your shurikens.

Ray Katana is not useful. I mean, it can be, but the amount of times where it’s useful is so uncommon that you’d be further ahead to not bring it for that one extra spot to put loot.

Okay, how about this for the Cronus v.s. Etherite:

(Cronus beats Etherite at 39 def)
Idk though. It’s pretty hard to go deep on a dagger class besides Rogue, so Cronus fits the others a bit better…

Lol to ray katana, I think a t7 bow just outclasses it in every aspect.

The tiered katanas need buffing. With ninja, there is not much reason to choose tiered katanas over doku nowadays. Tiered bows are okay, I think the 4 shot idea is good. Ray katana also needs a buff(probably range buff like trofimowen once suggested is good) - it does less damage than wands, and has only 6.1 range.

Staff of esben is okay as it is - it’s situational, and it can be used to reach around walls in shatters. It could be armor piercing as well though - that’d be interesting.

LOD whites are vanity items for collectors, but fire armor could be made very viable by buffing it’s other stats(like giving 5 of each instead of 3 of each). It also takes way too much time to run a LOD.

Leaf bow needs a buff, perhaps in damage would be interesting - idk.

EP doesn’t really have any uses except for cracking crystal - plane is a better example because it has good feed and good usage.

Cdirk is okay as it is, if etherite didn’t exist. I think event whites could be a little more common - but imo, they are okay as they are, as people need something rare to hunt for(other than shatters rings).

Jugg and ogmur do complement their rarity pretty well, being quite unique as well(and looking good). Ogmur is unique and good looking obviously, and jugg isn’t really significantly better in most situations you can think of.

I do not think a Staff of Esben needs a buff, due to the fact that @Shaddoll pointed out that it is situational, which is what a UT should be, not the ‘just because it’s rare means that it should be better’

Again, they fit better situations, cutlass has higher dps than acclaim on 0 def, meaning that it’s good on a knight with Ogmur (don’t forget a large® amount of people now have Ogmurs due to DECA’s event.) Leaf bow is good for single target damage, for instance a chest/crystal/clean tombs(single target does help coupled with the 150% RoF)

TL;DR just because they are rare does not mean that they should be better than anything else. UTs are meant to be situational, not a direct upgrade

Adding to the above, here are some examples of good UTs and bad UTs:
Good UTs: Oreo, Qot, Ogmur, dblade
Bad UTs: Doku, Fulmi, Prot

I agree with the first two, doku and fulmi, both being direct upgrades from the tiered counterparts, but not really prot, due to the fact that now there are alternatives to using prot all the damn time. For example, puri and geb tome are great swap outs (not to mention t6/t5 tome as well). One of the great things kabam did was balance the UT tomes vs the tiered ones, because before wismod, the tiered tomes were never used, but now, they were given a relatively larger use (albeit still not too large). Priest is now more viable without prot.