[Soon new thread] Idea gathering for a New Dungeon

This thread is here to collect ideas from the community for my first dungeon design ever. Feel free to suggest ideas every time I write “…”. Ideas between “()” are subject to change.
This Dungeon will drop from the Beer God as the same drop rate as candyland hunting grouds, and will then be quite rare.

Key.

Minion sprite test. Whould you like brown and blond variants for each of those?

Beer Maid Quick draw, minion for comparaison.

The dungeon could represent:

-a forest with a lumber camp.
-a medieval Inn with a brewery.
-…

It will play around 3 status effects:
-drunk
-confused
-unstable

(It will need the players to get drunk to start the dungeon, in some way)

The boss will be a satyr. Its stats are to be released soon.

The major loots of interest of this dungeon will be:

-barley/ gold coin (I have yet to choose, the two sprites are on the right, the wheat needs some rework):
Those items can be dropped by the secondary bosses and the boss of this dungeon, occasionnally. They give 100 feed power each, and are stackable up to 10. This is basically a feed power drop that you should store until you get enough to make it worth feeding it to your pet. (At 10 stack, barley could turn into a barley stack of 1200 feed power).

-Ambrosia:
It will drop from the boss at a 1/100 rate. Another option would be Grapes of Wrath (1700 FP) but I feel like it is too low for a “white bag” feeling".

-one or two white bag UT item(s):
I have some ideas, but again looking for suggestions. What class would you like to see? The items following are early WIP and subject to change/removal.

(Smuggler’s Favorite)
Firelight doesn’t reflect on the rought fabric of that magical cloak.
Version 3.0

Cost: 100 MP
Duration: 5,5
Cooldown: 5,5 (you can almost instantaneously recloak if you time it well)
Special Property: Darkness on Self, + 3 ATT +3 DEX +3 SPD, Duration: 6
Stat Bonus: +2 DEX +2 SPD
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 400

An earlier version of this item included a longer duration, but a different debuff: -10 DEF/ Armor Broke. Please tell me what you would see fitting best. At the current state, the cloak gives a good offensive bonus, while forcing you to uncloak to see your surroundings. I feel that the drawbacks may be too much of a pain to be interesting.

(Flower of the Cellar)
Alcohol vapours will rise from this aged bottle as soon as it breaks.

Cost: 110 MP
Radius: 7 sq.
Damage: 500
Duration: 5 sec.
Stat Bonus: +5 ATT -5 WIS
Fame Bonus: 4%
Feed Power: 500 FP
Special Property: As long as you are in the AoE of this poison, you get:
-Drunk on Self
-Damaging on Self

Again, looking for feedback. The radius is not defined yet, from 5 to 7 squares. Too short, it has very little use in non static environment, big enough, it forces you to play with drunk even when you don’t really want to risk it. The WIS debuff is thematic.

(Bronze Torque)
(This ancient bracelet was passed on through generations)
+40 HP +40 MP +4 ATT + 4DEX -4SPD -4 WIS

The sprite has to be reworked, but I really like the stats of this ring.

-some dispensable consumables: the 3 beers already in-game, the new beer barrel that gives drunk as a party effect, and the new badly tapped beer (that gives you the strengh and stupidity of a drunk man for a short while, then the drawbacks of an hangover… more on that later).

Are you hyped? Because I am.

WhatIsThatFirstSpriteHype

mustache on point?

1/100 sounds way too good for ambrosia, as much as I’d love it to be this common, you can’t ignore that each one is worth about 10 USD.

Yes that mustache is on point, and you have yet to see the mustache/ beard combo of the boss. He wins every contest.

hat would you guys suggest for the Ambrosia drop rate? 1/500?
Ant the barley? is it fine? Would you like to see such concept?

Added minion sprites.

I can try making an abilitty,maybe a poison?I have an idea

A poison is a neat idea! Actually you gave me an idea as well. Go on!

1% chance to get it, what do you think it should be, .1%?

Normally I just lurk here, but this idea struck a chord with me. Personally I love the idea of a medieval theme where they brew for Oryx, filled with lumberjacks and fantastically mustachioed Bavarians. I have a few thoughts.

Make this the Epic Jungle dungeon. Not quite sure how to make the jungle theme match brewing, but would be interested to have a third brother to Mixacoatl and the Masked Party God (think redhead, facial hair, suspenders, and he yodels).

To build on the theme for the boss fight, it would be neat to have a mechanic somewhat combining the Parasitic Chambers and the 2nd boss on Mad Lab. Have the boss throw barrels that aim for players and break on impact causing damage. However, if players dodge the barrel, they land and become a breakable object. Once the barrels are broken, then create a temporary liquid pool on the floor (similar to lava generation in Abyss). These pools would provide damaging and drunkenness. This would also link well to a UT poison that creates a similar style pool.

To make this an epic jungle, maybe the necro skull drop is themed around hangovers?

Progress through the dungeon would be follow the process for alcohol generation:

• Shipping carts and pallets full of hop bales, liquid ingredients, etc.
  • Giant copper vats and barrels for fermenting
  • Bottling and crating area
  • Long tables of patrons enjoying the brews

I agree with the idea of stacking feed item, limited to like 1000 FP or so. Barley Bundles into Bale O’ Barley.

Yes, I am hyped. May be interested in trying to design specifics.

IMO 1% was fine, especially because it is so rare. The key should be expensive, 200 golds I think.
But as rare as it is as a natural drop, 1% should be fine. Picture the drop rate of interesting items of the candy, except you only get to do one boss.

I would also love to design the Epic jungle, and in fact I already made sprites for it. But it is a completely different project.

Your idea for the boss fight is very interesting.

I was thinking of him saying “have a drink” and throwing drunk/ unstable/ confused barrels, but it lacked somethink. Spawning pools of bear is a neat idea.

In fact I already designed an experimental poison white bag following the idea of Nick. Here it is:

(Flower of the Cellar)
Alcohol vapours will rise from this aged bottle as soon as it breaks.

Cost: 110 MP
Radius: 7 sq.
Damage: 500
Duration: 5 sec.
Stat Bonus: +5 ATT -5 WIS
Fame Bonus: 4%
Feed Power: 500 FP
Special Property: As long as you are in the AoE of this poison, you get:
-Drunk on Self
-Damaging on Self

No, just no, this is a troll item and can get people killed if they are not ready for this and/or lag, so no.

But otherwise this seems like a good idea and I can’t wait for you to build upon this!

I also have an idea, what about beer, like a liquid tile that when stepped in gives drunk! I feel this would be a cool mchanic.

(Liquid tile as in the water in toxic sewars.

As Faedris suggested, it will be included :wink:

I didn’t even see his lol, it would be cool if there were big puddles of this littering the dungeon, also I think mabye make this look like a medieval dining hall in terms of floor sprites! And again I love this idea.

Any idea how to implement a beer slurp minion? I was thinking of it getting stronger in a beer area, or spawning a trollop giving drunk like the alligator of the sewers.

maybe a beer slurp generator could be Consumed permanently (it disappears) so u cant abuse this, to stun the boss for 10-15 seconds.

Good idea!
Or having a slurp pet could immune you to drunk or unstable while drunk in the dungeon.

Couple ideas:

Create a Barmaid NPC that spawns with groups of patron enemies, constantly buffing them by throwing beer. Buffed enemies appear unstable in that their shots are erratic, but now do much more damage. The Barmaid would hang to the back of the group (aka away from players).

Create a mechanic where you can place/generate a large Keg in a group of enemies. They aggro to it and “drink” causing them to become drunk (unstable and buffed for a bit) and then pass out. Maybe gross, but they could puke on the ground and create a Beer Slurp mini boss who uses their armor/weapons. Either that, or their drinks spill and generate the same thing.

If beer slurp minions are preferred, I could see a mechanic similar to the old Mario/Donkey Kong game where you dodge barrels. Similar to the Parasite boss phase where rows of bullets come down, have the Beer boss have a couple stacks/chutes of barrels on either side of him. During this phase, have these barrels roll down the room continually. If you get hit by a barrel, it dazes you and generates a beer slurp minion from the mess. Rushing up to the boss makes it more likely to hit and destroy barrels faster.

Another mechanic idea would be with the use of spots on the ground that inflict quiet, but you can use these to your advantage. A section of the dungeon would have passed out patrons, and if you run by while quieted, they don’t wake. Likely difficult to implement, but I like the idea of a group trying to sneak past an enemy like a rogue. Would likely need to inflict invisibility too. Maybe the passed out enemy is the guard for a particular area, and if you sneak past it either bypasses the fight, or gains you some sort of bonus loot chances.