[Spoilers] Easter Stuff and Endless Torment Buff

I think a more accurate description would be an expulsion of dark magic tbh. Kinda like the body removing toxins, which would explain why it needs a decent chunk of mana and barely heals.

How FREAKING dare you. We get as close to my familiar idea and what do you do? you spit upon my face and family and my ego, I am eternally insulted and angry and now hungry for chicky nuggies.

jk. But the bunny could be very useful imo, maybe it can buff the player in some way or fight monsters or something. sure it could be more screen junk, but maybe deca could add in an option to disable allied entities (which they probably wont do :sob:)

You know whats funny I fed a Endless Torment skull right before this luckily I still have 1 extra

Is tiara the ub def reskin?

Yes with now 7% fame bonus (before just regular 5%) and also why don’t you update your star?

It used to be white… idk what happened.

They updated stars on realmeye all you need to do is log out then log back in

The General Chat Thread

After seeing the new (slightly buffed) Skull of Endless Torment I spent some time thinking about where it could actually be useful. A puri’s effect is welcome in almost any group/dungeon… but you have to hit at least 6 targets for it to actually work (and 3 if you just want to fix yourself up). Since it has to hit at least 3 targets to even do anything useful (also 1.75 tile radius, which is the smallest of all skulls) we can rule out its usefulness in most boss fights like MBC or maybe Void where there’s usually only 1 target to be attacking.

My first thought was for those moments in a big puppet master’s theater clearing where the fakes explode into paralyze shots, leaving 1 or 2 people paralyzed and then the newly spawned rogues and assassins roll over them - There’s exactly 6 there and you could easily just run by the person pinned down and clear the paralyze off of them with the newly spawned puppets.

Next would be the Agonized titan fight - I can’t recall how many of those little pink souls the boss throws out, but I’m sure you can at least clean a petrify off of yourself with that many spawned. (Plus you can still use your ability while petrified)

But otherwise, that’s all I’ve got. Where do you guys think it can be useful?
EDIT: for reference, image

[Edit: merged this post and replies onto the Spoilers topic. -Nevov]

I’m not gonna sit here and try and list ways this item can be useful.

those fucking weakening elves and the confuse construct in the midlands

Personally, I absolutely HATE this rework. It makes no sense how you should be able to purify yourself and others ONLY if you can hit multiple enemies within a specific radius.

Why not make this just a straight up purification skull? Necro is already useless enough in a dungeon like the lost halls, this skull could change that.

To avoid it being too overpowered, give it no healing and minimal damage.

remember that Niegil’s leaks are far from final, many things put on testing are never seen again. that’s because it’s testing. there’s a nonzero chance this entire conversation will be rendered completely moot by changes made by the people who are actually in testing and who know what’s even going on in the first place.

you really should take Niegil’s spoiler posts with a grain of salt

Manors - bat confusion
Any realm event - if you get a weaken, confuse, or slow it might help (think LotLL with all the crystals circling and your in a high lands, or just fighting a cube god and get slowed)
UDL - get a slow (50/50 that six enemies are around though)
O1/O2 - could be enough around you to cure (again, seems to be 50/50)

That is about all I have given the range. It seems super situational.

EDIT: I like that they are thinking out of the box on such changes. That is more refreshing than a straight buff/nerf.

The use of this skull is to go succ the life force of your enemies.

Crusades to get rid of armor break to enjoy that sweeet mseal

Use it how it’s always been used and think of the purification as an added bonus.
The addition shouldn’t take over as a new primary use, but instead as a bonus function that can help sometimes.

Personally, as long as the rest of the skull remains the same and no stat changes are brought, I have no problem with additional effects being added.

they aren’t final sure, but the vast majority (like 95% lol) of things put on testing are added to prod. the one i leek anyway

these discussions are effectively feedback before it comes out, albeit not as good since numbers vs. actual use is always difficult for people.

I kinda wish they weren’t because as soon as the masses catch whiff of any meaningful progress they throw a fit and deca chickens out yet again. they have a hard enough time actually getting projects to the finish line without getting tripped up on unsolicited feedback from people who care more about keeping their op warrior intact than they do about game balance.

so it sounds like a deca problem and literally nothing else

By itself, the idea to give bonus effects to Skulls based on how many enemies you can hit at once with them is interesting.

Getting 3 targets at once with one ET use isn’t that difficult. Let’s list the possibilities:

-Tomb (mostly against bosses, but could sometimes work during rushing)

-Cdepths (as long as you have small eggs in the vicinity)

-Shatters (mostly 3rd boss)

-Godlands (extremely situational, but it’s doable)

-LoD (except Ivory)

-Shaitan, ironically enough (especially if they add more status effects)

-Cnidarian Reef (extremely easy)

-Oryx Castle (also O1 minion-spawning phases)

-Wine Cellar (both the rush and the beginning of the fight)

-UDL (mostly in case you get Slowed by Vampires)

-Manor (might fuck up your Confuse controls though, and Bleeding isn’t that dangerous)

-OT (ganked by ponies? skull the seahorses)

-Sewers

-Most realm events (especially useful in case of Urgle)

and probably more but I can’t be bothered.

As you can see, it’s not exactly the most situational, niche usage ever.

The main problems with this change are, in my opinion:

-much harder to use as a group puri than a selfish puri

-unreliable, not as consistent at saving your ass from sudden Paralyze instakill shenanigans and the like (especially against enemies with temporary Invulnerability and enemies with erratic movement patterns)

-not a good fit for ET: might be better to give it an effect that puts even more emphasis on damage and reserve the puri effect for a more defensive Skull.

I see 3 parts to the “deca can’t make substantial progress” problem:

1. deca struggling to follow through with stuff all the way to the end
  2. spoiled community not liking major changes even when they’re sorely needed
  3. niegil giving that community information they aren’t supposed to have

the 3 parts aren’t always equal, sometimes one of them is a bigger deal than the others.

If I don’t get the bunny helm I will be big sad

Yeah

If I can get a bunny helm and I toss out the ggen because bunny+jugg is more epic than ggen+jugg

More aesthetic too