Spot the Reference

It’s actually intended as a reference to Uncharted 3, but the phrase has been used elsewhere too.

These 5 skins are based on characters from the Charles Dickens story, A Christmas Carol , Their designs seem to be based specifically on the 2009 animated film adaptation.

Close! Their designs (and descriptions) were based on The Muppet Christmas Carol, though I didn’t design Scrooge so I can’t speak for him.

Below are references…even though most of them obvious. Sorry if there are repeats.
I’ll be putting question marks next to the ones I’m not sure about.

??? Lord Ruthven (Dracula, Novel)

??? Traditional Priest Skin (Roman Catholic priests had to wear black) Traditional

Yuki Onna Mystic Skin (Yuki-Onna, Japanese folklore) Yuki Onna Mystic

Amazonian Huntress Skin (Greek Mythology) Amazonian

Queen of Hearts Sorcerer Skin (French-suited playing cards) Queen Of Hearts Sorcerer

Juliet Trickster Skin (Romeo & Juliet) Juliet

Death Ninja Skin & Spectral Sentry (Grim Reaper) DeathSpectral

Jack the Ripper Rogue Skin (Jack the Ripper) Jack the Ripper

Guerilla Archer Skin (Rambo) Guerilla Archer

Inuit Archer Skin (Inuit People) Inuit

Ankou Rogue Skin (Ankou, servants of Death) Ankou Rogue

Frankenstein Knight Skin (Frankenstein, Novel) Frankenstein's Monster

Knight of the Round Skin (The Round Table, Arthurian Legend) Knight of the Round

??? Shield Maiden Knight Skin (Scandinavian folklore) Shield Maiden

Founding Father Paladin Skin (A US Founding Father, probably G. Washington) Founding Father

??? Masked Rogue Skin (Deadpool, Marvel Entertainments) Masked Rogue

Deadpool is green?!!!

Think Queen of Hearts is the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland.

Yeah I really should have deployed Private Browsing :male_detective: before trying to work out if Soubrette Trickster from @Dappertron that I indirectly looted was based on some specific media example, or if it was more simply a generic/trope character.

inb4 I begin to get targeted ads selling me kinky maid outfits. :rofl:

@Skyslurp says “Ooh, kinky.”

Ah yes, the Sienar Fleet Systems’ TIE/LN Star Fighter. A commodity that was the most plentiful thing in the galaxy after hydrogen and stupidity

all those pet skins and you didn’t mention the best reference of all smh

No, but it’s super clear. Even if it wasn’t inspired by Deadpool, there are a ton of similarities, from the eyes to the belt to the sword.

:flushed:

I expected a ping…

…after all, at times…
then again romance is fake

But Skyslup has the hots for Nevov, so…

New patch notes!
I’ll claim my own skin references before anybody else does.

Water Battlemaiden: Katara from Avatar the Last Airbender (it’s also my scrapped version of a skin for TWO art contests)
Samurai Quack: Two references: The name is a reference to “Samurai Jack”, and the description is a huge reference to “The Duck Song”

My apologies to whoever updates the google docs.

(References TMNT)

Textbook hasn’t updated the leaderboard in a while

I don’t necessarily update every day (I have my own life as well so I can’t spend as much time as I would like on other things), but so far the leaderboard hasn’t gone over 2 days without an update.

Also coincidence that you mentioned update because I was in the process of working on it right now!

Yay

Tbf, hunchback might be a reference to igor (a character from frankenstein), since it was released for halloween.