Spy of Nexus ST Ninja Set

The Spy of Nexus

ST%20ninjaMini%20ST%20ninja

Spritesheet + Dyemasks of skins for those interested:
mini%20ninja%20st%20skin%20ninja%20st%20skin
mini%20ninja%20st%20skin%20maskninja%20st%20skin%20mask

Secret%20ShortbladeHidden%20StarAdvanec%20CamouflageNexus%20GemST%20katan%20shotST%20katan%20shot2Hidden%20Star%20proj

Hidden Shortblade
imageST%20katan%20shotST%20katan%20shot2
Forged from the very same steel as the Realm Portals to help with fast and swift assassinations.

Tier ST
Shots 1
Damage 150–180 (average: 165)
Projectile Speed 26.4 tiles/second
Lifetime 0.155 seconds
Range 4.1 tiles
Effect If entire set is equipped, shots pierce targets
Rate of Fire 100%
On Equip +2 Spd, +2 Dex
Fame Bonus 6%
Feed Power 800
Soulbound ThON0a548x48
Drops From Stone Guardians

Sort of like the Etherite Dagger of katanas? Hope the piercing being taken away is enough balancing to not make ppl use this all the time…

Also, damage breakdown on the DPS calculator (red krathana) :

Spy’s Star
Hidden%20Starimage
A star formed around a magic orb; hiding the user by encasing them in a mystic bubble emanating the nexus’ blessing.

Tier ST
When Activated
MP Cost 75
Damage 120-140 (Average: 130, Ignores 15 Defense, 25 if the set is complete.)
Projectile Speed 20 tiles/second
Lifetime 0.425 seconds
Range 8.5 tiles
While key held
MP cost 25 MP/second
Effect Every 1 second, in a radius of 5 tiles inflicts Blind to enemies for 1 second. If the enemy hit by the star it is damaged 120-140 every second, with 15 Def ignored, 25 if the set is complete. After 10 seconds effects automatically stop, time cap is increased to 15 seconds if set is completed.
On Equip -3 Def, -3 Att, +7 Spd
Fame Bonus 6%
Feed Power 800
Soulbound ThON0a548x48
Drops From Oryx the mad God 1

If an enemy is Blind they act as if all players were cloaked. Note that not all enemies stop shooting when there are no players in range.
I made this to make the ninja more of a team player but also added the damage/time effect to make it so that the player actually has to stay close to whatever they hit in order to deal damage, which is complemented by the star.

Cammelion-Drake Armor
Advanec%20Camouflage
Helps to blend in while stealing the mad plans of Oryx

Tier ST
On Equip +14 Def, +7 Spd, +3 Dex, -40 MP
Fame Bonus 6%
Feed Power 800
Soulbound ThON0a548x48
Drops From Oryx the Mad God 1

Nothing special I guess

Nexus Heart Ammulate
Nexus%20Gem
Given to double agents as a way to remind them of their true goals

Tier ST
On Equip +80 HP, +5 Def, +5 Spd, -25 MP
Fame Bonus 6%
Feed Power 800
Soulbound ThON0a548x48
Drops From Stone Guardians

Complete Set Bonuses:
+80 HP
+90 MP
+5 Att
+5 Dex

Overall Set Bonuses:
+160 HP
+25 MP
+16 Def
+23 Spd
+2 Att
+10 Dex
+0 Vit
+0 Wis

God this is nice!!! Plus, that mini Spy of Nexus skins is FKIN GORGEOUS!!!

i might be blind but is there a duration for the damage thingy

better csilk

better cuffs

while i think the idea is alright, some of the items are just complete upgrades to others, while the katana is pretty strong. csilk on ninja isnt too uncommon, and the ninja star and upgraded cuffs wont be too bad either, giving you no reason to use any other katana since it outdamages other t13 and doku

Set items, mini skin, and color choices all look nice. Good job.

Overall not as cool as the puppet master st ninja by some other dude.

The set and skins don’t match their drop locations at all.
The way he holds his shield/star/thing in the animations is kind of awkward.
Front and back attack animations aren’t that good. Straight behind to directly infront without moving the arm only the hand never looks good.
Both side animations legs look just wrong. Like he’s touching his knees together during the walk and his legs are shrinking during the attack. Try to make his movement less immobile.
I can’t tell if the gold on has legs are like ribbons or pants or what, but depending on the answer they shouldn’t be moving on side walk or they should be on the front walk.
The black on the back of his legs also looks screwy.
His head seems like it is one or two pixels too far backwards.

Front walk animation on the legs looks great.
The way the ribbon moves on the back of his head flows looks natural.
Standing sprites are all very well done, looks unique and creative.
You successfully kept colors and shades to a minimum and did a great job reusing colors where you could.

significantly nerfed everything basically

The skin is not the main thing so I didn’t put as much effort into it so it did turn out shitty. Also tbh didn’t really think of drop locations while making the sprites which explains the discontinuity. Checked out the ST puppet ninja set by @Striix and turns out it has a lot of similar ideas (invisibility star, high damage low range katana) which I guess goes to show how restricted the katana/star are (or I’m just unoriginal). Puppet skins were also definitely cooler.

Did you nerf the katana

Yup. Decreased it’s range and damage. 4.5 tiles -> 4.1 tiles, 150-200 ->150-180

honestly the armor break is kinda useless, i know that scepter has it or something but the def will just be applied to the dmg that is non-armor piercing

honestly seems awful. i would not enemies to wander randomly and shoot. they are unpredictable and how you can easily get sat on. also high trolling potential (eg. dragging crusaders and this happens)

the armor and ring are ehh

although, i really like the sprites for the set. the skin is ehh.

Traitor!!!
edit: should be renamed Set of Swatsec

that skin makes me want to buy an extra character slot just to make a ninja if this ever gets added

I’m not a fan of the colors, but the mini ST set looks awesome!!!
seems like a pretty balanced set but the ability is really confusing
katana is pretty op

I agree.

Oh no, I think you misunderstood! This ninja is risking his life acting as a prominent member of Oryx’s court to give the Nexus and it’s heroes information about Oryx’s plans. A true champion…

Don’t crusaders just stand around doing nothing when a cloaked player walks by?

What monster is it based on? Most st sprites and sets are based on a pretty strong monster in RotMG

dragon tamer warrior
hollow king necro
swarming huntress
akuma slayer samurai

Not any in particular but as @ArexRew pointed out many ST sets are just random things, somewhat related to their drop location. Also Swoll Paladin.

Swoll Pally was based on swol fairy

Oh right. My bad.