Staff of Nightfall [Hitscan weapon Idea]

###Staff of Nightfall

(Ignore the description, I changed it to this:)

Inscribed on the staff reads: When the night has fallen, the dead has arisen.

The Staff of Nightfall is a new type of weapon in its class. Think a doombow type shot that travels at extreme speeds (faster than any projectile in the game). It would act like a hitscan weapon but have some distinct drawbacks. The projectiles would travel at 5.56x the speed of normal staff projectiles.

Staves currently don’t have an armour piercing option nor do they have a viable piercing weapon so this might bridge some of that gap.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Range: 9
  • Special properties: Shots pass through enemies, Armour Piercing.
  • Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Feed Power: 1000

####Drops From:

• Feargus, the Demented
  • New Boss

####More info
It would be instantaneous damage essentially, so it’s very useful vs fast moving low health armoured targets and not that useful vs slow enemies with a lot of health.

DPS graph:

Shows a Sorcerer with & without C Wand and also compares the Wizard with & without the Nightfall Staff (shown as EP) + an added Dbow Archer.

The overall DPS of the staff is lower than the Cosmic Whole until 44 defence. This is a stark difference when compared to the Cwand which is better than Recompense after 24 defence.
The 20 defence difference is mostly to make up for the instantaneous damage & piercing nature of the Nightfall staff although it might still be too strong in which case the damage would be reduced to 335 per hit (to allow it to still 3 hit gods).

Note: The staff’s sprite was originally created by /u/WillgarGerosan which was kind enough to let me use it because my own sprite…was a bit terrible. :slight_smile:

[UT staff idea] Moonlight Marking Twig

Why would we need this? Wizard is already perfection in terms of blowing through enemies with the spell. We have the ST spell for armor piercing. We have regular spells for just crowd controlling. Why do we need this?

Could change the entire idea to a wand, but it’s still a neat new kind of weapon instead of the same.

Oh crap, I saw the picture and I thought this was a new item…

Staffs with just one shot and super fast shooting speed makes it too much like a bow that has one shot or a wand. I don’t know, it just seems like it shouldn’t be a staff, staffs should be a lot more different. Adding pierces through armor just makes it too much too handle, and too many things to put into mind when decided whether to choose this or not. The sprite is cool and everything else is perfectly fine. Please remove the drops from Feargus, because it really shouldn’t. Each LoD boss gets its own white bag, and it would make it unequal if one had two while others had one. It’s not that big of a deal but just putting it out there. Making it drop from a new boss would be a good idea. Anyways, good effort, especially with describing how it’s balanced, but the idea is a little too much to handle. Have a :candy: for your effort.

I like the idea, even though I don’t know how useful it would be.

Maybe piercing and armor piercing is too much. We already have a piercing staff, so I suggest you leave only the armor piercing aspect os this staff.

A nice idea. I think it will mostly be used for high defense enemies: lod, avatar, stone guardians, thessel, oryx, shaitan, rock dragon, shatters, etc.

You probably shouldn’t make it a wand because crystal wand has high defense enemies covered.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.