Sword of Dark Energy

Sword of Dark Energy

Sword of Dark Energy

Ancient chants chime from inside in unison, calling upon black magic to use against the mortals of the realm.

Damage: 322 - 403
Range: 3.84
Shot Speed: 6
Rate of Fire: 55%
Ignores defense of target
On Equip:
-2 Speed
Fame Bonus: 6%
Drop Location: Malus

This Sword may look similar to that of the Ancient Stone Sword, but its uses are slightly different. It has much less Rate of Fire, overall less Damage, a bit less range, far less Shot Speed, and even removes 2 Speed, all in exchange for being able to ignore defense. This can become a very good tool for hitting hard at much later Defense values while leaving Ancient Stone Sword to have its uses still.

(Updated the stats to be a bit better. +Damage and +Rate of Fire.)

i dont like the sprite, kinda reminds me of those terrible minecraft mods

It’s a matter of preference, I suppose.

I put it into the DPS calculator,
It out-damages Aclaim at 141 defence making it worthless.
It outdamages ASS at 139 defence making it worthless. considering the range is less.

It needs some buffs, to make it a viable sword over any other one.
The only thing it has going for it is the slight range increase.

I could see the sprite in two different ways.
1.) A huge blade with a very large hilt kinda like a breaker blade
2.) A stubby little sword that has such a close hilt:blade ratio that I’d rather just call it a weird large dagger.
I think the sprite might need a bit of a rework.
Also, like what @Dacammel, this item would desperately need a buff to be used in the game. It’s like shooting a tank shell made of plastic due to it’s lack of damage with it’s insanely slow fire rate. (I don’t believe it’d be that original either to have a dbow sword, DECA recently has been doing that to every class, the new st assassin dagger is slower fire rate for higher damage, same with the new sorcerer set. They even added the indomptable which can be used in other ways than dps maybe used for it’s destructive piercing ability but it’s again just a slower fire rate for the damage increase…)

Gave it an increase of Damage and Rate of Fire to give it a better use. Though not as much as ASS.

ok, with the updated stats.

So it’s better on basically stone guards and avatar?

And it has slightly better range.

So against ASS its better at 65 def so…
but VS aclaim its better at 96 def…

still feels like a buffed ass

a really buffed ass

I wouldn’t say buffed, it just has a bit of a different use. For very high defense enemies it’s better, while ASS keeps its niche of having more range and more damage with less RoF.

Also @Dacammel, I think you meant slightly worse range.

Why don’t you just make it outdamage a.s.s at 0 def and give it like 1.5 tiles of range XD

I’ve already made something similar in this thread.

no, slightly better range than the aclaim.

oof, didn’t think of that

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.