Sword of Storms

Correct, but not for lazy people. It would be harder to aim than normal swords because you’d have to have your cursor pointing to the enemy (within range) at the exact time you want to shoot (because the lightning is instant, like a sceptre), making it hard to move fast moving targets like Limon and Imps.

Possibly.
The only thing to remember here is that there is a possibility of hitting 2-3 targets, so it’s unreliable. (Which is a reason why I may buff it damage via. an AttackMod).

It’s highly unlikely that you’ll actually hit other enemies unless they’re all huddled together or the off chance than one moves near your target at the time you’re attacking.

It gets worse…lets say - in the highly unlike chance - that your target is 3.5 tiles away from you, with an enemy behind it and another enemy behind that one. You could theoretically be hitting enemies from up to 10.5 tiles away, which is more range than any main weapon in the game.
The catch is that: the event where enemies are so perfectly positioned and you hit 3 targets landing moderately high damage is so unlikely to happen that it’s sad.

That’s what I was going for, a normal sized blade encased in raw energy which makes it look thick and daunting.

Thanks for the correction. :+1:t5:
I’ll most likely change it when I come up with a balanced buff for the weapon.

Thanks for that review of the weapon anyway, very helpful to me. :smile:

Regards,
Redox.

due to not playing the game anymore im not updated on these things, but i know the things that the avatar turrets count as an enemy, they are always the same length away from the avatar. this is the same with many enemies, couldnt you just possibly just research all of them and be in a safe spot all the time. This could work for everything that has turrents or even monsters that spin around the monster like the pyramid things from that tomb boss (bes i think).

Theoretically, yes.
In reality, no. Because of the nature of chain lightning the closest enemies to the target will be prioratised.

In terms of the Tomb of the Ancients, when Bes spawns the Pyramids, if 3 are circling one boss at once - depending on the distance between them - the chain lightning would be focused on them unless you directly sat on the boss.

With the Avatar of the Forgotten King, I’m sure the Killer Pillars are much further than 3.5 tiles away from the Avatar itself, the only phases where you could possibly pull something like this off is in the Eye phase and the Blobom Phase, otherwise no.

If you’d rather research exploits and be safe. Bare in mind that this sword (currently - before I rework it) is one of the weakest for its tier.
I’d say that even something like the Golden Sword would be a better option as this has <100 DPS, the only redeeming factor is that it acts as a “homing” multihit on enemies.

The one enemy where you could really exploit this sword would be the Urgle, as you wouldn’t have to enter its trap to kill it.

Hmm I guess, there probably is a few certain niche situations where you could use this where it would work.

But basically you’ve argued that its bad, then whats the point of it? If I want crowd control couldnt I use pixie or dblade? pixie also has long range as well.

Hence why I’ll most likely re-work it.
I may add 0.25 range, WisMod to balance the damage for the knight and increase the fire rate by 5%. But they’re just possibilities.

I’m trying to keep it from being one of those weapons that can be exploited too much.

As well all know, Sceptres can detect and home in on enemies through walls in dungeons…that’s the one thing that could make this thing extremely overpowered:

• The ability to clear rooms without even entering it.

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuun. :astonished:

or clear switches without epic hax

Yeah thats the problem with these complex ideas is that there is always some form of exploit waiting to happen. But I think it should have a clear goal to your weapon. Now its slihtly different since there are more uts, but back then it was if you wanted range, go csword, wanted dmg, go dblade, want balanced go acclaim. But now you can just make strategies off of weapons (eg. void blade).

Your sword somehow remind me of this
15-25-32-images

Still though, the short range can hinder you from doing this as the enemies might not even be by the wall.
The difference with this and Sceptres is the small arc gap and range that comes with it, making the possibility of hitting enemies through walls 75%, whereas this sword would be <15% chance.

To be unique and fun to use.
I see what you’re saying about the other Sword uses, but this primarily helps you to hit multiple enemies from a distance. The catch is: The further away your enemy, the less damage you do.

One reason I may add WisMos is to close the damage barrier between Knight and Warrior.

Exactly. :sweat_smile:

What is that?

Trove

so is it going to shoot out lightning or tiny tornado

Lightning :cloud_with_lightning:

Shape in my opinion is too much like demon blade.(still nice colours )
And I dont think that lightning weapon that chain like scepters is good idea.

Sword of the Colossus and Demon Blades shape are also similar.

Yes, lightning isn’t that pracical in a weapon, but it would be fun though.

Nice sprite but it should drop from a harder enemy.

There are currently no good drop locations that arent already existing.

If you mess with it a bit, it could thematically work with the Forgotten King.

And that’s what makes is situational :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: