Sword of Storms

Sword of Storms

Wielding this blade sends intense plasma energy surging through the users body.

Tier: UT
Shots: 1
Targets: 2-3
Targetting Cone: 10o
Damage: 125-375 (-25 for each subsequent target)
Range: 3.5 Tile(s)
Effects: image(Chain Lightning)
Rate of Fire: 50%
Stat Bonuses: -20 HP, +2 Speed
Soulbound: Lock
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 1,075

Drops From: Native Sprite God
Loot Bag: image
Drop Rate: 0.01%

This Sword replicates the way Sceptres work, in the sense that it fires lightning as a (Blue) particle effect rather than firing projectiles.

Pros:

• After the first enemy is hit, any other enemies within a 3.5 tile radius will also be hit. So hitting multiple enemies at a time is not so much of a problem.

• Good for moderate crowd control.

Cons:

• The 10 degree Targetting Cone is not ideal as your aim would have to be very specific to actually land on an enemy.

• The damage range is quite large (250), so not all enemies will take the same damage.

• All enemies need to be huddled together to be assured that the maximum number (2-3) are affected by the lightning.

Thanks for reading, if you liked (or didn’t like) this concept leave feedback.

Suggestions for improvements are always appreciated.

Old Sprites

:arrow_down:

:arrow_down:

People who dont like to use this forum, why?
Sword of Storms [Revamp]

owo

It’s a wacky sprite, could use some work.

Other than that it’s an unique idea

What’s wrong with the sprite?

IMO doesn’t fit with the concept and is kinda weird in general. Weird contrast, and kinda overshaded?

Elaborate.

Elaborate…

What’s wrong with the contrast?

Every sprite I make is overshaded, just be thankful I shaded it with similar tones instead of ranging from dark to light within 3 colors.

Any critique on the item itself?

In my opinion, the centre of the blade is the part that stands out, you used too many shades for the grey part and it doesn’t look right to me.

I “fixed” it a little, but I can’t really get it to look natural. I’ve been out of practice.

I see what you’ve done, tried to make the whole blade “electric”. But my concept for the sprite was to have the blade made out of stone and the edges radiating with electricity.

I did one like that, just without the darker turquiose-y color and it ended up looked like an Ice themed blade, so I just decided to have the edge blue, with a sort of glowing effect with it.

Doesn’t remind me of storms at all, or lightning, or anything

It’s an huge sword, dunno how to explain but it really doesn’t sit well with me

Going from gray to light blue is kinda weird. Penguinfli sprite blade is much better imo

That doesn’t justify it.

Really unique idea, I’ll give you that. I like the concept, but I dunno if it would be used. Also, another white to sprite world is kinda weird IMO.

Ohhhhh I see your point, in that case, you should make the blade ironish
Here’s a picture for reference

has to high of a range. Having the chance to do 375 damage is simply overpowered

Indomptable

Better?

How would you suggest I put lightning in an 8x8 sprite?

ye

Slightly changed the hilt to make it a bit more unique.

I think it would probably just be used on singular boss fights, if anything Septavius, Limon and Sntheno would be bested by something like this because you can actually get close.

Other than those this has no uses.

Just really made it because normal weapon functions are becoming boring now, so I tried to carry it on a different direction.

I feel like for a crowd control sword it has too short of a range to actually work, but at that point increasing the range wild be too strong. with its already huge damage gap between min and max dmg, i don’t think anyone would actually use this

Probably not, but it’s still got a nice niche to it.
Increasing the range to an effective reach would only make the Csword/Stone Sword obselete.
The damage gap can be fixed, so long as you have your attack maxed.

Me neither, it’s more like a partially vanity item. It would have some situations where it’s good, but like the Bulwark; it’s too situational.
I feel like it would be fun to use something like this though, especially just to level up with becuase its like a Sceptre as a main weapon, but with unpredictable damage.

This could prove useful in the void, I believe, to attack Void Shades whilst simultaneously getting a chance to hit the main boss itself.

I’ve thought of adding an AttackMod for it to warrant it actual viability.
I’ve already checked on the DPS calculator and it rouches no other Swords’ DPS, so it’s best that I buff this a bit more.

What do you suggest?

Feels like a lazy person’s sword for those who cant aim, but dont use things like pixie sword for some reason. But at the same time, its arc range is so small that it doesn’t do that? I guess the usuag is to have one of those monsters that dont do anything but stand there so you can use it as a catalyst to hit monsters from like 7 range around. I dont realm anymore, but pretty sure they dont make sword users hit things from 7 tiles away. Although I might just be understanding this weapon wrong.

Sprite could use some work, its too dblade like, needs more elegance imo, like a rapier. Or at least broadsword size.

user’s body. (correction)