Sword of the Dark and the Light

Sword of the Dark and the Light
image image
Tempered from the fiery hearts of darkness; quenched in the wills of the righteous. How a sword fabricated from both good and evil came to being is still unsettling, though it is told that it is constantly conflicted within itself, making it unstable to wield.

Tier: UT
Shots: 2
Arc Gap:
Damage: 350-385 (Average: 367.5 / Total: 735)
Projectile Speed: 7 Tile(s)/second
Lifetime: 350 Milliseconds
Range: 2.45 Tile(s)
Effects: image Ignition (Projectile explodes at the end of lifetime) Radius: 1.05 Tile(s), Damage: 350 Chance: 7%
Special Properties: Multi_Shot Shots hit multiple targets, DEF_ignore Ignores target defense
Amplitude: 0.35 Tile(s)
Frequency: 0.5 Cycle(s)/shot
Stat Bonus: -5 Defense, -50 HP, -5 Vitality
Rate of Fire: 35%
Soulbound: Lock
Fame Bonus: 7%
Feed Power: 0

Lootbag: image
Drops from: N/A

Additional Information

This sword can both pierce and armor pierce enemies, with the addition of two high damage shots, making it an extremely powerful sword.
To top it off, there is a 7% chance of the shots exploding upon reaching the end of their lifetime, creating an additional range for those shots (2.45 + 1.05 = 3.5, making it equivalent to regular sword range).

Pros:

• High Damage - great output and better affected by Attack bonuses
  • Two, close projectiles - narrows the chance of missing a shot and the maximum range is the true range
  • Piercing - can hit multiple enemies at a time
  • Armour Piercing - shots ignore enemy defense, meaning they’ll more or less always be within the stated damage range or above
  • Explosive Projectiles - the chance for projectiles to explode, adding extra range and extra damage to enemies within the AoE
  • High Fame Bonus

Cons:

• Short Range - player will need to endanger themselves by getting up close to enemies, being exposed to more projectiles and having less time to react.
  • Slow(ish) Fire-rate - shots don’t fire that frequently, meaning every shots counts.
  • Small AoE radius - meaning the chance for it actually hitting enemies when one of the projectiles does explode is quite small, with the addition of the small % chance
  • Negative Survivability Bonuses - noticeable stat decreases, meaning that there are permanent repercussions when the sword is equipped
  • No Feed Power - makes it absolutely useless for feeding pets, so if it is unwanted it’s best to either drop it or suicide a character with it (due to the 7% fame bonus)

[Edit 1: Buffed damage. 315-350 -> 350-385]

Thanks for reading, opinions/feedback on the sprite and function is welcome and appreciated. Thank you :+1:

Seems balanced for a white, the explosion and 7°arc allows all hits (including explosion)at the end of the short range to land. The negative stats balances this. Colo still seems the best, with range and firing 3 similar damage shots(no stat neg stats) when this releases one volley of potentially 3 hits.

I’m on the fence about the explosion’s chance of occurring. Aside from the fact that you’re giving a weapon a 2nd RNG element ('sides from damage spread), its rarity makes it tough for me to see it as something that would really be necessary or useful.

Also, that name is wayyyyyyyy too long, not gonna lie >~>
So, I propose the following.

Sword of the Eternal Struggle
A sword crafted from both righteous souls and corrupted minds. The antagonizing elements cause a constant conflict inside it, making it unstable when wielded.

The original description is also really good, though :0

@Bossimon
Range-wise and DPS-wise, colo is superior, however don’t forget that this blade pierces through enemies and armor pierces too making it a good alternative against high defense if you can get close.

@Seelpit
I may remove the explosion effect entirely, it was just something that I thought could make it unique and could be a nice little addition to the weapon to stray away from regular weapon functions.

The name was kinda long purposely, not making it ‘[Weapon] of [adjective] [noun]’ like traditional RotMG, it was more or less a long winded name that’s different.
I know it’s pretty long so I could find a way to condense it, but still unsure if I should touch it.

Thanks, I tried :sweat_smile:

Don’t really comment all weapon statistics because I figure you can plug it into pfiffel and determine balance for yourself. Sprite for shots is nice. However, I think the actual weapon sprite could do with some work, specifically maybe making it a bit lighter.

My one cent - make the description a bit simpler, like -
A mighty sword tempered with the souls of both the rightous and corrupt through ways now lost. The trapped souls are locked in an eternal conflict, destabilizing the blade.

But then it’s not the Sword of the Dark and the Light…

I’m suggesting either a swap of the colors or just making it slightly lighter because it feels off to me. Truth is I don’t know why.

Im still not a fan of “effects” on weapons, rings and armors. But your spriting is now on very high lvl.
Keep doing your job

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.