The Ancient Mithril Sword

The Ancient Mithril Sword

New Piskel(49)

A sword once known for it’s extreme lightweight properties has grown dull overtime and yet… It feels lighter and any other sword you’ve touched.
(Someone make a better sprite mine is trash)

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Range: 6.6
  • Damage: 90 - 160
  • RoF: 110%
  • Stat Bonus: +6 SPD +5 DEX
  • Special properties: NONE
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 1100

Drops From:

• The Blacksmith (Found at a portal in the vault, turn in various items and fuse them with others to make powerful weapons) - Turn in A.S.S and a Stone of the Radiant Ocean (from Thessal/ Cgifts as a Green Bag [Misc bag includes items that have no other purpose than to be brought to the blacksmith] at a 1/20 Drop rate MISC bags rank below Cyan Bags.)

More info

i had this idea for a while but never got around to posting it until now.

What is this, a buffed dagger?

It’s a nerfed mythril sword

Maybe make the sprite more mythril sword shaped?

i mean i don’t want to make it look like a cross atleast make it you know seem like it can cut something

no it’s a mithril sword

Yeah, I guess so, but what if it was a mythril sword shape with more added on but the shape exists within the sprite?

doesn’t the cross sprite take up like 75% of the 8x8 area already?

That could be recolored and added on to for some potential (and maybe shrink that square on the handle a little)

Idk which is better tho

This is a buffet carved golem remains that you can use on a melee for some reason? Same average damage, slightly better ROF and range.
https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/carved-golem-remains

It’s a sword, it should be stronger
Daggers are among the worst weapons (I believe them to be the worst) no pierce and DPS that is almost equal to a wand (actually in most situations it’s probably less due to the lack of pierce)
Dagger classes have insanely powerful abilities though

Cough cough assassin cough.
Anyway your point doesn’t excuse a poorly designed weapon. It’s not really a melee class anymore if it has more range than about half of the classes in the game.

It’s a UT, it can still count as melee

Csword
dmg per shot -> 180 - 210 (195 avg)
range -> 4.5
rof -> 100%

Cdirk
dmg per shot -> 130 - 250 (190 avg)
range -> 4.5
rof -> 90%

csword is op!!!1!!!11
it’s not, because dagger classes specialize not in dmg, but their speed and ability, like nameness said.

wdym assassin ability is bad, it’s the only ranged dagger ability that does damage (screw dire too hard to aim). Although it may not do a lot of damage to say, a spellbomb, but it is compensated with higher max stats in some areas.

well then it’s not really a katana if it has basically 0 range
so void blade is bad now

UTs can make exceptions.

Ok, then here’s my new sword concept
Sword of Magic
Shots 2
Damage 60–100 (average: 80)
ROF 105%
Range 8.75 tiles
Amplitude 0.5 tiles
Frequency 2 cycles/shot
Fame Bonus 4%
Feed Power 420

Ok I think this discussion is getting a bit out of hand for a relatively simple item concept. I’ll stop now. I just don’t like this item concept for reasons I’ve explained and I don’t think I’m helping the conversation.

That’s basically just a T14 staff
Also your entire post right there is pointless seeing as unlike your random one you gave the this isn’t basically a copy of another weapon
But if it was just remember

This is a katana with 0.02 less range

Why does it drop from some extremely elaborate events given to you by a nonexistent character that you just made up?

I would increase dmg and rof but lower range by a lot. Something like

Tier: UT
Range: 6.6
Damage: 90 - 160
RoF: 110%
Stat Bonus: +6 SPD +5 DEX
Special properties: NONE
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 1100

Too strong and too many changes