The Astrologist: A Class Idea by POWER

Hi all! This is POWER, posting on the ideas section for the first time in a while. This time, I’m posting another class idea after I got positive feedback on the mason, a strategy-oriented class that built blocks. This time, I’m introducing the astrologist, a skill-focused class whose ability is a linearly aligned binding chain. See it below:

Sprite Edit:

New sprites:

Old sprites:

A shucks! Just before i left, i went on this massive mission to discover class ideas, and one idea was the bound idea you have. (actually i was going tto use it), although mine reflect more of a black magic kind of concept. I was also thinking a star-crossed lover kind of thing, meaning a cupid/bow class.

absolutely love xaklor’s bane.

i dont quite get what you mean by strength?

Strength is the proportion of damage taken by bound enemies for balancing purposes (bound enemies don’t take the full amount of damage): for example, if we bound a grand sphinx to a horrid reaper and furiously attacked the horrid reaper for full damage on the grand sphinx, it would be an absolute joke.

you might want to consider changing the name of the spook-colored astrolabe, subtlety has always been one of your stronger points and it would be extremely disappointing if you stopped now.

I liked this part though, didn’t think many people would catch that dragon god bit:

This reminds me of the “Null Lance” of the Psi Operative in XCOM 2. It’s a nice idea, have a :cookie:.

As for the sprites, I really like the astrolabe, but the T6 astrolabe looks a tad out of place. The others look a bit like compasses, while the last one looks like two rings with one flying away.

when I first opened that link i was like hol-e-crap, you made your way to build an entire website for your ideas (now THATs a lot of work). I like how the idea is well explained and for once in a lifetime- COMPLETE!!! Good work.

I love this idea

This is triple the mason

Awesome class idea!

It has great sprites, well thought-out lore, a powerful and unique ability, and tons of polish.

Oh, and the Astrolabe of Nores is absolutely incredible.

My only concern is that the base stats are a bit high. 75 Att/60 Dex/60 Spd/75 Wis. All of those are higher than the normal 50. I’d suggest lowering the Spd and Dex by 10.

Other than that, amazing concept!

8/10.

So where does the Astrolabe of Nores drop? I want one for the 3.4k likes and 15d read time.

Fixed.

Awesome! Now I’ll bump it to a 9/10.

Those sprites weren’t up to par with what I usually do, so I revised them:

Sprite Edit:

New sprites:

Old sprites:

Awesome job with the new sprites! Nice work with the 3D look.

Bump, because I want this idea to get more inputs. Love the concept of stringing enemies together. Really strengthens piercing classes

Edit; jeeze, 4 months? Long live this thread!

Bump we need more good ideas

bump. I saw this for the first time. Also, it’s a interesting, and in my opinion, a really good thread. Also, the sprites are pretty epic

uhhhh but, you see, the astrolabe bound enemies soo they took almost the same damage right? but its a wand class ‘-’ it pierces, the astrolabe is just to do more damage? in this case ill get myself an sorcerer

Overall, this idea appear to be pretty balance and like a wand class as wand classes are very supportive and able to operate on their own just as well as in a group. It’s ability allows great strategy in using it to kill many enemies just by attacking one. This is a great class idea in my opinion.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.