The Case For More Early Game UTs

These are awesome! I’ll always take more planeswalker forge fodder and I love giving drops to more of the unique enemies in realm :grin:. Most of these are still really unique, too!

Trap : expose might be a little short for a newer player to figure out what it does- especially since you’ll be unlocking huntress before Samurai, but still definitely good to give other classes an inferior expose :smiley:… (expose was increased :smiley: )

Cloak : very glad you changed the sprite. So cute haha. And a very nice newbie get-out-of-jail-free card.

Tome : more on hold effects. Yes! So it would be the 15heal/sec from healing + additional 50 hp/sec? I think you could tone down the cost/sec and heal/sec just to make it more accessible to people who don’t have maxed mana :grin:. And I assume this would turn off your pet? Otherwise I think this is better healing than ftome (120/sec) that could be held for quite a while w/a maxed pet.

Lute glad you see the trolling potential :joy:

Cuirass : honestly, I think it could be a drop from the white demons within the dungeon. Give them something unique. Also would be more likely to be seen by newer players since they are more likely to clear and kill those additional white demons on the way :grin:.

Nightmare skin : proc needs a cooldown! (was added)

Lol I really should proof read better. I usually am copying these over from a google doc. I spotted I missed out giving the cloak the speedy after posting but missed out on some other things I guess too. The trap would give 3 seconds of expose and the nightmare skin has a 0.9 second cooldown (just so it would still be used in combat). Thank you for pointing those out.

Do you think it should be a hardcap heal? I tried to keep the WISmod on it. Maybe something like 25mp/sec with 100hp heal? Or maybe just make it inflict pet stasis too lol.

I think wismod is good, and looking at other tomes, I think merely adding a hard pet stasis (or whatever they do for cshield and a couple of the ninja stars) and adjusting max heal would be good. Maybe just drop the @75 heal to something like 100? It would just be weird if it straight up could heal better than mushroom tome (which doesn’t give healing to self or others and does 120/sec).
Ideally lowered mp/sec, but even holding for 1s as is only a slightly lesser net heal (50+1s healing= 65 vs 40+2s= 70) for lower cost than t0 so maybe I was wrong.

I appreciate the mention ^-^ Most of what I wanted to bring up has been said by Kingsports so I’ll just give a mention to the others:

Lepidoptera Swarm Spell: Playing with the damage range is interesting, could make it so players would be more inclined to hit all of their shots to hit a good average damage so I like it!

Ader Venom: I really like this idea as it could be a sort of middle ground for players to get used to throwing poisons more accurately.

Chalice: I love the sprite, Although I don’t know how to feel about the summons being uncontrollable as it would be difficult to position so as not to reset the creature’s distance.

That’s about it for now!

I love the ideas, but I have to ask: have you posted the spell and parasite armor before? It would have been a little while ago, but they both look really familiar. :thinking:

Yes, a few of these were in my first post Early/Mid-Game UTs 1
I’ve just done some tweaking to some of them.

I really just want feedback and visibility to this issue mainly. Seeing how DECA took mine and other peoples advice for balancing items I have hope maybe they will add items in the early game. Hopefully if something like this happens the game will become more comprehensive and easier for newer players.

That’s kind of the idea. It’s unlike the tiered or other UTs. Just adding variability for class, might be something some players want, might not. I think a big issue when people suggest items they fall into a very niche build/situation or are made to be the best in slot. I try to make the items either somewhere in-between or a precursor to a better item overall.
For example in the game there is items like bone dagger and in the later game queen’s stinger or cracked and sealed skull, things like that.

Sprites need work, but that’s only second to the idea. Will any of these have forge mats or will they be like, non sacrificial?

The spell looks to be an extremely inconsistent piece of work, dealing 20 damage if you are very unlucky, and if landing full damage on all shots, is only slightly better than a T1 spell. Yes, I know that the machine is not beginner friendly or a common sight, but the Spelling spell that drops there is miles better. Or even a T2 spell would be miles better. The point is, wizards do not need an early game UT spell, because even an easily acquirable Dsphere can easily land even an unmaxed wizard SB. So what do you do with this? Buff it. Instead of being an early game spell that is easily beaten by a T2-3 spell, it should be a spell that lands itself as a strong and viable swapout for mnova. As to drop location, I think that mwoods would be a decent enough place for it to drop. As to drop location, it would make sense for you to make it one of the big faries, but since nobody clears mwoods, the boss is probably a more reasonable drop source.

The poison is a good idea, especially since none of the UT poisons right now are easily obtainable. However, this poison is extremely underpowered, dealing even less damage than the T0 poison, and for just a faster throw time (and more MP cost). It’s not like tiered poisons have an extremely long throw time either, it’s still under one second. However, I cannot think of a better place for a poison to drop than a giant rattlesnake, so to balance this out, extra stats should be added on this poison when worn, so that players are incentivized to actually wear this poison instead of it just being a swapout.

Unlike many items (the cloak that makes a decoy), this idea actually makes sense. This trap would definitely be a viable pick, even for end game content thanks to expose being a good debuff. There’s nothing wrong with this trap, although for an enemy that nobody really fights, the trap’s stats are kind of underwhelming. There should be a slight buff, but it exists for the expose, not the stats.

This cloak is not that good. For 75 mp cost, you are invisible for less time than a t0, all for a 2 second slowed and a 1 second speedy. A t4 cloak with snake eye ring would basically do what this cloak does, but better.

This tome is kind of OP, and because it’s OP, I like it. On a more reasonable note, priest definitely is still a team player even after the nerf to tomes. This tome is very selfish, and would not fall in line with what the priest does. Imagine if every new player used this on a priest, nobody would heal the party.

I don’t play bard or summoner enough to comment.

UT trickster prism. Hell yeah. I love trickster. She is hot, and any new prism is a welcome addition in my books. And that prism looks downright busted, I tell you.

Faded curiass provides very negligible att and dex buffs. I know that it’s a cyan bag, but at least do +3 on each. Or even +5, and nerf the def.

The leather armor effectively makes it so that priests are useless. It’s kind of OP, because every single leather class is capable of doing shots above 25, at a very low level. I like this armor a lot actually, because I can’t dodge.

Thanks for doing the most and giving literally the worst takes ever, you can go back to being toxic and parsing players on your 4/4 character now, or whatever you do for “fun”. :wave::joy:

I actually think that my takes are quite decent. You can have your own opinions on it if you want – I don’t really give a shit; Deca wont ever add these items anyways. I don’t recall ever interacting with you, so if this really is the first impression you would like me to have of you, then that’s fine with me.

Nah, bro. BaconSM gave constructive criticism. You apparently can’t take that and act asinine lol. Good job.

To be fair, he did give some good points about how some of them are worse than the T0 abilities. Though, I’m not sure that Bacon really looked at it through the right lens.

I literally thought his post was a bait or troll, even if it is I’ll bite.

Not a sprite artist, sorry maybe made it harder for you to understand intuitively.
Nothing here would be past silver forge like all the other early game UTs.

This idea was thought of before the Forest Maze rework (see previous posts).The concept was to introduce UTs and show that they’re different and not neccisarily upgrades. The parametric shots are easier to land a perfect spell bomb so it’s friendlier for newer players. The inconsistency is the point of the item and damage is low because you’re shooting butterflies, what do you expect? Buffing this item just would make it a better spelling spell with a different shot pattern. I don’t think you should be getting an item that easily beats out higher tier items from the second dungeon in the game.

I do like your idea that a UT spell could drop from the big fairies in magic woods. But it would have to be a completely different idea or new mechanic.

The total damage of a T0 is 120? Not only that but the impact damage of this is more than a T4. The point is to just get fast damage off quickly. The poison effect is one tic for a measly amount of damage.

So let’s consider the DPS of poisons

Maxed mana on an assassin is 252, excluding mana heal the damage goes as follows:

Poison MP cost Total uses (Total MP/MP Cost) True Damage ([Impact dmg + Total poison dmg] x total ability uses)
T0 25 10 (10.08 actual) 1200
T1 40 6 (6.3 actual) 1500
T2 55 4 (4.58 actual) 1520
T3 70 3 (3.6 actual) 1530
T4 80 3 (3.15 actual) 1920
My UT 30 8 (8.4 actual) 1600

(assuming all poisons land and durations go off)

Utterly untrue that you believe it’s weaker than a T0 poison. Not only that you are getting the damage off in a shorter amount of time. For the respective area this is found, it outclasses all the tiered items around it. By the time you’re in the godlands you can farm for higher tier poisons or go for the murky in sewers.

You really don’t understand what makes the assassin bad is it’s ability takes too long to get damage off and the DoT is very weak.

It’s purpose is for expose. The added DEX is mainly to help contribute for the DEX you get with most leather armors. The +1 ATT is because traps begin with +2 ATT at T3.

That’s essentially the point, to introduce combinations of effects. It of course has the shortest invisible in the game to prevent it being abused for rushing. Imagine a cloak with a higher slow aoe, invisible, and speedy; broken af. It’s found early before you can get into snake pits or higher tier cloaks, so if the speedy and invisible was a playstyle that you like it’s still possible but with 2 items instead of one.

This tome is not selfish, I don’t think you understand what the difference between healing and party heal is. The healing is there to make up for you getting damaged while being slower and possibly getting hit. The radius is equivalent to a T4 which is wide enough.

Having healing while being essentially a walking singular fungal tome is way too OP.

The idea is you use this while grouped up during some space spots and can continuously heal. Your slow and healing stop as soon as you stop using the item, or run out of mana, or get quiet/silenced.

Your worst case scenario of somehow new players collectively thought explicitly use a singular item doesn’t even make sense.

Not surprised.

It’s probably the only early game UT prism that can be done while using the current game’s mechanics. The cooldown it too short though in my opinion.

The item isn’t meant to be any stronger than it is. The item is meant to be as strong as a T9 just like snakeskin armor is with it’s equivalent. The defense difference from T8 to 9 is 5 DEF. As stated earlier (if you actually read) is that there is no +16 DEF heavy armor so that’s partially why it has it.

The idea was to allude that the armor was stronger before and provided better stats. It doesn’t need any higher DPS because it’s not meant to be a DPS armor, just provide alternative stats and increase HP a bit for survivability (which is better for newer players).

Read the item descriptions next time, idk.

To get a decent heal you need about 5 enemies around at least to heal from. If you’re low you’re not going to risk going in trying to get the proc off once to sap heal less than your weapons range. You won’t be able to use this in most endgame dungeons as not many bosses spawn hordes of enemies that you can run through and sap some hp back. It’s very situational for boss fights like Skuld or Forgotten King (which is most likely getting changed).

Overall your critiques were only valid if you look at the items in isolation. You didn’t consider the respective items around where they can be obtained. You didn’t consider the items designs. You don’t consider the progression of a character.

Most new players just run around the realm just exploring and killing creatures. It usually takes them days or weeks to even max a stat. I wanted to incorporate UTs outside of dungeons that could be useful or interesting for people who are first experiencing the game.

If you have been playing for a while you understand where to go and what to do already.

Most of these items won’t be of use to you as 90% of cyan drops are and that’s okay cause they’re not whitebags. If I wanted to make OP white bags that could easily be done.

I really don’t care if any of these make it in or not. I was just bored and was sharing ideas that would help an area where the game is lacking. I think many others who saw and posted here understood this.

All-in-all you just skimmed over my post and talked out of your ass.

Looks like you also dropped this: :clown_face:

Seems like you are taking the criticism a little too much too heart. Though they might not be the most extensive takes sometimes you gotta work with the feedback you get, right? Maybe try and look at it from their point of view. Not saying I agree with all BaconSM said but you were a little bit harsh. He/she was trying to give you some feedback but you just got mad and called them a clown.

Not at all, I just don’t think coming into a post and speaking in absolutes about something you don’t understand yourself is kinda dumb. All I did was correct them and even compliment what part of their critique I liked. Yeah maybe I could’ve been nicer about it but maybe they wouldn’t learn their lesson and go acting up somewhere else.

You know, I was once an aspiring item creator for rotmg once upon a time. And I too, like you, would mald over very valid, constructive criticisms.

I don’t think you take criticism very well, which is not very good in today’s atmosphere. Even if I was wrong about some of the things I said, there was no need to call me a clown or whatever the fuck you said. If anything, the one speaking out of their ass is you, not me. The one acting up was, again, you. You said that I talked out of my ass even though I didn’t, so to prevent you from lying, and in turn, sinning, I shall proceed to talk out of my ass.

The spell is fucking dogshit lmao who the fuck would use this Walmart spelling spell? Just go fucking hit a medusa and get a t4 spell. or even better hit limon and get a t5 spell. Shit does 1 damage because it shoots butterflies LMAO then explain LEAF BOW PLEASE.

Ok I did an oopsie daisy and typed t0 instead of t1. Poisons still bad LOL just leech a sew and get a murky toxin. Or just go to lava chests and steal a t2 poison, it’s straight up better LLLLL

MATE are you even THINKING about this? Samurai is already “RARELY PLAYED” -pomfers so making an expose trap would just make people not play samurai even more. Huge bruh moment???

Bad cloak. Just play trickster and wear snake eye ring, lol. Rogue is literally a discount trickster, and this cloak is also a discount T0 prism, and I’m not talking about like 5% off, I’m talking about the store clerk literally paying you to buy shit % off.

Priests are supposed to be TEAM PLAYERS, not douchebag warriors who use colo. Even the moral support tome is a better team play tome. Like mate, why would a priest even need any tome dedicated to healing themselves LOL just press spacebar and you heal yourself AND people around you Like Bruh, even the t0 tome would be better smh

Anyways, that is all I have for today. Overall bad items and also you’re making raid discords have more work by making them put more items on their banned UT infographic SMH MY HEAD, pomfers. Have you thought about THEIR FEELINGS??? Yikes man how can u be so insensitive? You makin me cry out here.

And because of that, I can easily take advantage of my Samu as the top 300 at the moment.

I really just got rickrolled… damn.

fellow samurai enjoyer