"The Mine" (Dungeon idea)

This is a dungeon idea I have been thinking lot about lately. Mainly it’s because there is no “mine” themed dungeon in the game yet. The main reason for players to be interested however is because it’s a mid level dungeon where one can farm up to two pots, vitality and wisdom. It is also themed mainly around “regeneration” abilities.

o–(=====>

Here are the pictures that were meant to cover the whole topic, since there is only one picture per post for new members, you guys can use this link http://imgur.com/a/pxWJy or just enter the google document instead https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JQZhsJzuuXQdh4cCvmOJ1iqsZXSjlj6umHQCb45aAuY/edit

LAYOUT

“The Mine” is a mid level dungeon, found by killing lesser gods. The chance of drop rate will be similar to the snake pit.

The dungeons layout is based on an entrance area where all player start on a beach with palmes and the sea next to it. The entrance to the dungeon itself is through a mined opening to the mines and chambers inside.

The interior of the dungeon contains many square rooms, corridors and some open areas with holes (kinda like the sprite worlds dark pits) and narrow railway paths. In the dungeon there will be mana crystals found quite often that glows blue. Those crystals regenerates mana very quickly for any nearby player (50% faster mana regeneration). The whole dungeons main idea is about a clan of acolytes possessing people to mine a dungeon for them where they can worship their lord.

ENEMIES

The enemies that lurk inside are the following:

"Possessed Miner"
Deals great amounts of damage with single shot attacks. 120 damage, 3.0 range, every second. 1200 hp. 0 def.

"Possessed Worker"
Slow enemy dealing decent amounts of damage with 3 shots each. 45 damage, 3.0 range, every half second. 900 hp. 0 def.

"Possessed Assisstant"
Very fast and weak enemies mostly chasing you around dealing single shot attacks. 25 damage, every fourth of a second. 800 hp. 0 def.

The main purpose of the dungeon is to kill the acolytes surrounding the ritual signs found in a few rooms. They are trying to summons the dungeon boss “Constantine”. The summon rooms can vary from 3 to 6 rooms per dungeon. In those rooms 4 acolyte are standing with arms high to summon the boss. The acolytes are not hostile. Once all of them have been killed the boss will spawn above the nearest sign. There is no way to prevent it.

BOSS FIGHT

As for the boss, there is quite the horrific being spawning the room where the last acolyte was killed. This is Constantine’s head and hands.

The boss has 30000 hp. 20 def.
When first appearing, a text is being displayed saying: “Foul mortals, your pitiful lives will suffer!” Then he proceeds to phase 1.

PHASE 1: chasing one chosen player for 5 seconds shooting 6 bullets shots around himself with 2.5 range dealing 75 damage each. During this phase he chases the player with a speed of just 30 (the speed changes to the amount of health he has, the lower the faster). When done chasing he proceeds to phase 2. (Speed below 20000 hp: 35, Speed below 10000 hp: 40)

PHASE 2: staying still and invulnerable spawning possessed miners at the signs location. 3 miners each second for 4 seconds. He also shoots slow white bullets at random players during this time dealing 125 damage each every half second with a range of 7. When done he proceeds to phase 3.

PHASE 3: after a text message appearing: “Time to die, inferiors!” he is no longer invulnerable spawning 1 possessed worker every second at the sign but also chasing one player around with a speed of 40 still shooting slow white bullets. The duration lasts for 6 seconds. Then returning to phase 1.

LOOT BELOW

When slain he can drops a few special type items along with basic T10 armors and T9 weapons. A potion of vitality and a potion of wisdom can also be dropped. The special type items are the following:

“Miner’s Favorite” A sword based item with a range of only 2.5. 300-350 damage and a 80% fire rate. 2% fame bonus.
Truly one of the finest tools with plenty of purpose!

“Amulet of Constantine” An accessory item with a bonus of +6 vitality and +4 attack. 3% fame bonus.
Used by the acoloytes to show their detication to their lord.

“Essence of Mana” An accessory item with a bonus of +6 wisdom and +4 attack. 2% fame bonus.
A set of strange glowing orbs left behind after Constantine was beat back into the beyond.

If you like the idea please give it a big +.

Dungeon Idea- Olympus

As always, too lazy to look at everything else so I’ll just look at drops[quote=“Demoncraze, post:1, topic:10048”]
an additional passive that regenerates mana by 25%.
[/quote]

You could just give this a wis boost because there’s not really a “25% mana regen” buff in realm. Also, this looks like a pretty generic buffed para mp.[quote=“Demoncraze, post:1, topic:10048”]
6% fame bonus.
[/quote]

:mask:

:mask:[quote=“Demoncraze, post:1, topic:10048”]
100-400 damage. -10 dexterity.
[/quote]

:mask:

2 things:

1. you might want to consider putting everything in a google doc and putting the link to the doc here, so there’s less to scroll through to get to the comments. also it makes it easier to edit the OP (which it looks like you’re doing a lot of atm)

too much atk, even without the hp it’s a direct upgrade to ubatk. try 100 hp and 7 atk.

(also you did an absolutely amazing job with those map screenshots, the first one I’ve seen that’s better than my own :smiley: )

The attacks aren’t bad, but could you add some HP Stats and Def?

Anyway, since I suck at dungeon judging, let’s look at le sprites!!!

Alright, now this is seriously cool, it reminds me a lot about classic retro games, and i love it!!! What did you use to make this pic?

Dang, these guys look pretty chill too! I like the pickaxe guy and the half naked one!

Nice portal sprite, my only request is to make the lights symmetrical, kind of throws me off…

Uuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

Get the excorcists!!!

This is actually really good!!! It reminds me of Darza, love it!!!

This amulet is looking pretty sweet, i would wear this for sure(The string part is a bit too thick tho)

This is a new and amazing way to do necklace sprites!! I simply adore it!!!

Minecraft players inbound!!!
It looks pretty sweet though!!!

I think you’ve done an amazing job with the sprites!!! And as @Xaklor said, your map screenshot was the cream of the crop!!!

Make this a mid-tier dungeon though, High-tier seems too easy…

Keep making amazing dungeons like these!!!
:heart_decoration:

Good idea about the google document. Will edit that! Thanks btw!

I see, but the wisdom could be the source of which the mana’s reg increases by the percentage!

Many thanks dude!! Appreciate ;D

I’ll probably wait to rate this until it’s better-organized. As Xaklor said, the map diagrams look incredible and remind me of the old Frostbite Cavern idea. The sprites look pretty nice overall, though.

I will update the topic for each critic i get by users until it fits the list! Thanks :slight_smile:

This dungeon was really cool and original! The style is completely new to the game yet it would fit perfectly! It’s like the game is missing this. :grinning:

Intersting idea… im not exactly good at judging but one thing that bothers me… new players tend to be at the beach, if they see this lesser god, woudn’t it kinda kill all the low levels? or drag the lesser god to the spawns themselves to kill low level squishy classes before they get much chance to escape? Apart from that, yea… pretty good i think. Quite original.

You are quite right, but therefore there should be quite the low chance for it to spawn and very far away from the players, however, one could also get a key to the dungeon!

Btw I used a program called PAINT.NET to draw the “screenshots” manually

If so, then it would look like a copy of the UDL portal. Just put them in different spots, just so that the portal outline is symmetrical, meaning that left light’s perch is asymmetrical with the other side.

I do like the portal sprite though!

Yes well the blue spots are not meant to be symmetrical, those are crystal shards just pointing out of the rock walls. Thanks though!

I was thinking, instead, it would run away from the players, all while shoot backwards, like a player would use the Drag method in the Shatters. It would have the same speed as a Candy Gnome in its first few phases (its phase where even a Knight could catch up to it) and it, like Bilgewater and the spawn of his Grotto, would stay away from the spawns of players in a 10x10 circle radius.

Because if it were to run away, it would be hard for new players to die from it.

Good point.

Ah yes, that is probably the way to solve it!

Your welcome!

And if you want, I could make the shot sprites for the enemies. I use RotMG draw though, if that is a problem; i could use the one that you use though, if its easier for u to do.