The problem with the game is not that dying is inevitable, the problem is that you have to die to progress

I think the main problem you have here is your definition of progressing. Tell me, why exactly is progression related to pet levels? Doesn’t that imply pets are the endgoal themselves? True, its not actually ideal for the game to be based like this, but it isn’t particularly bad. Pets are a means to an end, to help progression. Not the progression itself. (and arguably the bigger problem here which i think most people agree on is with pets being the way they are that take away the rogue-like aspect, not with the fame system meaning you need to die to feed the pets.)

Can’t wait for all players to puss out each time they take damage for 3 seconds just to take one more hit

Relatable. When I was F2P, I almost stopped playing because my inventory and vault were full of whites/ST’s. Reluctantly bought some realm gold because I like the game and here I am now.

I disagree. Dying is part of the game. You ARE rewarded for playing skillfully, you are making those stat potions you drank last longer and getting more loot. You are also getting more fame when you inevitably die at the end. It is a core game mechanic, it’s like part of the game’s identity

on your end, yeah

You can’t even do void [edit: solo] with a pet, but every other boss has been completed solo without a pet. I mean, have you heard of NPEs? I’ve completed the majority of RotMG content without a pet at least once so idk what the fuck you’re talking about.

As much as I’d be willing to have an actual, serious discussion about the strength of pets versus the effort required to attain that power, this attitude makes it very tough for me to actually want to do so.

Unless your only goal is to annoy us, please switch to a somewhat more open attitude so we can have a more civil discussion rather than continuing to yell at eachother endlessly, never convincing one another of anything.

jesus christ it’s a game, what does this war comparison even mean

Let me give you a better analogy

It’s like using products that have palm oil in them because there really aren’t better alternatives, and telling other people that you wish there were actual non palm oil products that you could use for the better of the environment, but being unable to because the majority don’t want to be slightly fucking inconvenienced.

Ok, but you’re starting off the conversation with a “not for long they can >;)”.

This implies that
a) You don’t like how people (the majority of players actually) are playing the game currently with large groups completing content.
b) There are changes coming aimed specifically at the large groups.
c) The discussion about the changes will simply be a formality and will happen even if the majority of players vote against it.
d) Assuming the changes will impact the game in a positive manner.

All I see are discords with more requirements. That’s it.

I don’t see it dislodging large groups.
I don’t see it encouraging people to complete content alone.

Maybe Dysatrix and his small clique of players that are completing voids with ancient stone swords will be happy.

I’ll be the first to say I have a love hate relationship with discords. But I know why I joined the discords. To this day I’m sure I wouldn’t have done a single void outside of a discord.

Forget the challenge for a second. The fact is that players in the wild just don’t trust each other.

If you think pushing people into waiting for ques is the right decision I just don’t know what to say.

Then deal with it. Your lack of space is no ones fault but your own.

I never said I lacked vault space but continue.

You have one hell of a stockholm syndrome.

Yikes, that’s striking a painfully poignant frustration for me. I’ve completed what, 2/5 of the voids that the group I was tagging with even made to in the first place? And they were far too organized to be mere creatures of the wild. These end-game dungeons are rough to do with pets running alongside your average chicken-heads, and I don’t have the time or will to run with slim to no people.
And though I do my best to remain cordial, I really can’t trust anybody I meet; it can make you bitter and cold after a while when faced unceasingly with trolls, hackers, incompetent players, rudeness in general. It can make normal gameplay tedious, let alone advanced dungeons.

This keeping in mind that I mostly work alone to begin with. A wandering traveler, if you will, ever curious with what and whom I’ll encounter, sometimes to the point of certain death. :slight_smile:

Oh.
My.
Doom.

Some private servers have marketplaces? The thing players have been wanting for long, as I heard?

Yeah. Since private servers are usually passion projects without money on the mind, a lot of things that may be unfathomable to companies are there in private server. Vaults chests, character slots and keys can usually be bought with fame.

Not anymore! DECA sent them all CaD orders apparently.

Most private servers have marketplaces. Usually they end up fucking the economy due to oblivious devs not knowing how to balance difficulty/reward, in t*******s k*****m some items dropped to 20% of their original price within 24 hours after a marketplace was added.

you can just suicide your character any time. Not me, since I die a lot and I never have any need to do this kind of thing but I know A LOT of F2P players who suicide their characters every time they reach a certain milestone (example: 2k base fame). It is not the most convenient, but it does finish the job. The guy I know was a white star with only 1 char slot and he’s stacked. He stores most if not all of his tradeable items into his mule.

To be honest, the biggest pserver before being closed had a pretty stable / healthy economy from what I saw at the time (a year ago? I don’t know). At least that’s what I saw in the few hours I tested it. People were selling the good endgame UTs for millions of fame. WC tops were a few thousand fame, the actually good items around 50~100 thousand, and so on. Some of the endgame items weren’t sold by anyone because they were rare. etc

I did have issues with having a lot of items and nowhere to put them a while back when I only had one character slot. I ended up just playing the character I had until it died, then fame farmed a bit to build up fame so that I would have enough to feed items over the course of my next few characters. It’s not a perfect method, and this issue might need to be addressed on a wider scale by dev’s, but this method can serve as a short-term fix while you accumulate character slots.

No, I mean I have a big problem with things or interfaces that gets in the way of trading between people. Like for instance if you have to put things to sell in a virtual marketplace, you give your items to an intermediate that is not human, removing the whole human part of the process, which is what appeals to me. And how do they keep (or kept because i see twitchy says they got all taken down) servers up without money?